We are 225,817 members in 82 forums discussing 158,470 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: 3 biopsies needed

Forum: LGBTQ With Breast Cancer —

A special and safe place for the LGBTQ community diagnosed with breast cancer to connect.

Posted on: Dec 2, 2011 02:06AM

vancouverbc wrote:

After mammo, one stereotactic core biopsy and two excisional biopsy needed.

The big drag is that my wife of 18 years had breast cancer years ago, and now I do--only she left me last year, so I don't have her to lean on.  I need her so much right now my heart just aches.  But I don't think it would be wise to tell her.  

Would you want to know if the ex you left got bc?  Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Dec 4, 2011 08:56PM Outfield wrote:

I've been with the same woman for over 17 years, have really lost touch with any exes back there in time. Don't know where any are.  But if it had been a recent breakup I'd want to know.  I haven't had any really vicious breakups, that would probably matter.

Do you actually have a diagnosis yet?  Do you have other areas that need to be biopsied too?  I couldn't deal with that possibility and just had a BMX.  Well, for other reasons too.  It all sucks.  I am sorry you're going through this. 

Dec 13, 2011 04:26PM vancouverbc wrote:

I just saw my surgeon for the first time, and she tells me that I have to step out of the fast track of treatment through the Cancer Agency because of my other health problems and into the slow track at the local hospital, with a 3-month wait for excisions, because they have a code team.  In the meantime, tomorrow I have stereotactic core biopsies, and we'll have the path report from those, plus she'll likely order more dx with US, MRM etc. Follow-up appt next Wed.

I did tell the ex, but if she cared, she didn't much show it.  I had asked for "support and compassion."  I would really like her to cast my breasts as I did hers, and, I dunno, to just admire them and love them up.  Does anyone know this feeling?

Did not offer to attend the appt with surgeon or the biopsy tomorrow, despite my having taken a year off work to get her through her time with this.  Sigh.

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)