Join Us

We are 216,296 members in 84 forums discussing 160,162 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: steroids

Forum: LQBTQA+ With Breast Cancer —

A special and safe place for the LGBTQ community diagnosed with breast cancer to connect.

Posted on: Mar 7, 2012 10:37AM

stillhere663 wrote:

Hey Girls! 

I feel like all I do is complain when I post. I am grateful for many things and really quite lucky. I just have to ask... has anyone else had a reaction to steroids while on Taxol? Some one told me (thank God) that they can make you very emotional. I am sitting her with tears running down my face and cannot stop. I am 47, the chemo may have kicked me into menopause. All advise appreciated!

SH

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Posts 1 - 6 (6 total)

Mar 27, 2012 01:44AM mutt1963 wrote:

Stillhere,

Just saw your post, didn't do taxol but the steriods from taxotere sent me the other direction. It was dexamethasone and hope I never have to take those again. Hope you are having minimal SE's and it will eventually get better.

Leave me with the driving/riding parts! Dx 6/3/2011, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 4/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/14/2011 Lymph node removal: Left, Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal Dx 6/16/2011, ILC Chemotherapy 7/20/2011 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/28/2011 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 3/13/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Mar 28, 2012 11:06AM leggo wrote:

They suck for sure. Had it when I did taxol too, but only twice....refused them after that. They're horrible. You have to sleep, but you can't...you're not hungry but you eat like a pig...they can turn a perfectly calm person into a blubbering mess.

"Once more into the fray... Into the last good fight I'll ever know... Live and die on this day... Live and die on this day." - The Grey

May 11, 2012 08:33PM BikerLee wrote:

The chemo has kicked me into menopause, and I'm pretty pissed about it, to be quite honest. I am really pissed about it.....

I am now on hormone replacement therapy... And nearly three months after last treatment step - which was bmx.

Taxol wasn't too bad for me. - I feel like it really was the ac that truly kicked me all the way into menopause....

Lee

Pathologic Complete Response! Dx 7/29/2011, IDC, 3cm, Stage II, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 8/25/2011 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxol (paclitaxel) Surgery 2/12/2012 Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left

May 12, 2012 02:40PM stillhere663 wrote:

Thanks Biker, glad to know that I am not the only one who is pissed about menopause. I have not had a good night's sleep or a rational thought since it started.

May 14, 2012 08:13PM BikerLee wrote:

I've now been on the hrt for about two weeks, and I am feeling better. I am sleeping twice as much and having less than half the hot flashes. After reading quite a few articles from the peer reviewed scientific literature, I feel REALLY GOOD about being on the hrt.

I'm still in a bit of a cancer rage.... But maybe it's eased up a bit now that I'm feeling better and sleeping better.....

Pathologic Complete Response! Dx 7/29/2011, IDC, 3cm, Stage II, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 8/25/2011 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxol (paclitaxel) Surgery 2/12/2012 Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left

Oct 6, 2012 06:46PM Pinkgirl01 wrote:

Hi everyone how nice is it to fined a thered ( can't event spell cos of chemo brain well that's my excuse anyway haha) i was dx in march 12 w Idc grade 3 and also dcis high grade had lumpectomy in April and went through aggh as to weather to do chemo but eventually did and wot a journey that hads been yuck I was ok till I got to #4 and ended up in hospital w neurotrophic sepsis then on # 5 felt v wiped out. So now having done # 6 felt v proud that have finished it was good feeling to walk out of I v clinic say yey done it. Have a genetic app on Monday cos mother had bc wen young and died w she was 40 also they want me to do rads but at the mo just have had enough what r ur thoughts on matter would love to have some input thanks girls 😘

Dx 3/19/2012, IDC, 2cm, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/24/2012 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Chemotherapy 6/18/2012 CEF Dx IDC, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)