Join Us

We are 216,296 members in 84 forums discussing 160,161 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: denial

Forum: LQBTQA+ With Breast Cancer —

A special and safe place for the LGBTQ community diagnosed with breast cancer to connect.

Posted on: Jun 29, 2014 07:17AM

elliejdan wrote:

Anybody else out here acting like its all ok?

Im doing a home improvement job away from home and am finding myself worrying that i shouldn't be doing this.

At home in my safety zone, i just ignore things like lymphedema, muscle loss, and fear, I'm all up in my head just like I'm smack in the middle of my treatment. Anybody else have trouble getting back in to physical work

Targeted Therapy 1/4/2012 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 7/12/2012 Mastectomy: Left, Right Dx 12/28/2012, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIC, Grade 3, 16/16 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 6/5/2013 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic ovary removal Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol)

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Jul 4, 2014 10:51AM SullivanSF wrote:

Im 30 days out from my Mx and 15 days from my super saddening Nipple-ectomy due to blood flow problems. So Im still taking it easy. Im a professional photographer and my job is super physical, esp. upper body. Im worried about these TEs being a problem, stuck with them til the end of the year. Come Sept I have to cowboy up and get back to work. 

Dx 4/1/2014, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 6/4/2014 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)