Join Us

We are 216,296 members in 84 forums discussing 160,162 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: BI survivors??

Forum: LQBTQA+ With Breast Cancer —

A special and safe place for the LGBTQ community diagnosed with breast cancer to connect.

Posted on: Feb 5, 2015 06:36PM

bluewillowskys wrote:

I am Lisa, 46 and my wife is Tina 42. We are both bi though happily married. Been together 17 years and married legal in 2013. We have three grown kids. We have my family support and her little family of her parents and 1 sister...sister is NOT supportive of us.

I had DCIS in 2011 and had lump/rads and one yr of tamoxifen ( didnt tolerate it so stopped). Im (yet again) considering a MX/reconstruction due to my high anxiety over tests every 6 months (had a papilloma last year in good breast), the dent and hardened rads tissue i was left with that left righty deflated, and my worry over reccurences. I would like to do a unimx/implant on righty and then a lift/implant on lefty. I would love to find out if there are other bi women here to chat with for support. I didnt want to intrude/impose on the lesbian threads. We have no real "community" connections as we live in a rural area.

Yippy Skippy ! Dx 4/7/2011, DCIS, Right, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/0 nodes, ER+/PR+ Radiation Therapy 6/1/2011 Breast Hormonal Therapy 8/1/2011