Join Us

We are 216,296 members in 84 forums discussing 160,162 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Dating after masectomy

Forum: LQBTQA+ With Breast Cancer —

A special and safe place for the LGBTQ community diagnosed with breast cancer to connect.

Posted on: Oct 17, 2017 09:22PM

DC523 wrote:

I am 5 months post mastectomy. I am about 3/4 of the way through Chemo and my spouse has left me. I am not feeling real secure about my physical appearance and what it will be like when i get back into the dating world? Such a difficult and painful time for me.

Debbie Cornell

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Oct 17, 2017 09:32PM ksusan wrote:

I'm sorry. That's crummy. All I can tell you is that my wife finds the flat look attractive, and I'll guess she's not alone.

Mutant uprising quashed. Dx 1/2015, IDC, Right, Stage IIA, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/2015, DCIS, Left, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy Whole-breast Chemotherapy Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Oct 18, 2017 01:15AM Moderators wrote:

Hi DC-

We're so very sorry to hear that. We hope you find support in this community, we know how difficult this can all be. We're all here for you.

The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Oct 20, 2017 05:55PM DC523 wrote:

Thanks for replying. It's not that I am.in a hurry to.jump.back out into the dating world but I am not feeling that great given my spouse of 22 years left in the middle of my treatment. I am glad to hear you are with someone who loves you for you.

Debbie Cornell

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)