Join Us

We are 223,920 members in 83 forums discussing 163,277 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Any other queer community members on here lately?

Forum: LGBTQA+ With Breast Cancer —

A special and safe place for the LGBTQ community diagnosed with breast cancer to connect.

Posted on: May 1, 2021 07:25PM - edited May 1, 2021 07:26PM by saltmarsh

saltmarsh wrote:

Holy Moses, it's been awhile since anyone posted! But sometimes all it takes is one person to make others feel comfortable, so I'll step into the void. Join me if you are so moved. :)

I am a straight-passing, cisgendered female in a monogamous, hetero relationship, but identify as a member of the queer community, have a stepkid who's NB (agender), and at least half of my friends and neighbors are also members of the alphabet-soup community. Poly and kink-aware/friendly.

Shout-out to anyone who doesn't feel represented or reflected in this process, and also to all the transfolx who have made it easier for all of us to have a range of options that include aesthetic flat closures! I chose to reconstruct, but I like having that as an option either if this fails or for down the road if I end up needing to choose again and feel differently.

Dx 3/8/2021. LCIS, ILC. Surgery 4/19/2021 mastectomy, right

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Jun 1, 2021 04:58PM julesAI wrote:

Yes! I am here, too. 64-year-old lesbian in a wonderful, long-term monogamous relationship.

Happy Pride month, everyoone!

Dx 3/17/2017, IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIA, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 3/28/2017 Mastectomy Hormonal Therapy 4/17/2017 Femara (letrozole)

Aug 8, 2021 02:54PM ValSRQ wrote:

Just joined. 🌈🌈🌈 Dx Ductal Carcinoma. Nothing 2020 screening mammo. Waiting for surgery consult.
Cisgendered female non-binary. 71 yo. Jackie - Aussie Silky Terrier and Bingo, tuxedo senior feline are housemates.
My partner of 44 years died in Nov 2020 of BC mets after years of Tx. Judy died peacefully at home while in hospice.
Mother and maternal aunt both died of BC mets in the 80s.

Aug 9, 2021 05:25AM saltmarsh wrote:

Welcome ValSRQ! I'm so sorry for the circumstances, and for the loss of your partner, but you are welcome here.

I think between you, and JulesAI and I, we have a nice little queer corner going, and I'm. sure we're not alone. I am constantly reminded by the kids in my community (several of whom are in various stages of identification and coming out) that visibility is important, so thanks for piping up, y'all.

Sep 14, 2021 01:03PM orlando74 wrote:

I'm here! I'm queer! Been diagnosed with Stage 3b/c over 3.5 years ago!

Sep 15, 2021 04:44PM saltmarsh wrote:

Ooh, hey! I knew there were more of us on here. :)

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)