Topic: Any other queer community members on here lately?

Forum: LGBTQA+ With Breast Cancer — A special and safe place for the LGBTQ community diagnosed with breast cancer to connect.

Posted on: May 1, 2021 07:25PM - edited May 1, 2021 07:26PM by saltmarsh

Posted on: May 1, 2021 07:25PM - edited May 1, 2021 07:26PM by saltmarsh

saltmarsh wrote:

Holy Moses, it's been awhile since anyone posted! But sometimes all it takes is one person to make others feel comfortable, so I'll step into the void. Join me if you are so moved. :)

I am a straight-passing, cisgendered female in a monogamous, hetero relationship, but identify as a member of the queer community, have a stepkid who's NB (agender), and at least half of my friends and neighbors are also members of the alphabet-soup community. Poly and kink-aware/friendly.

Shout-out to anyone who doesn't feel represented or reflected in this process, and also to all the transfolx who have made it easier for all of us to have a range of options that include aesthetic flat closures! I chose to reconstruct, but I like having that as an option either if this fails or for down the road if I end up needing to choose again and feel differently.

Dx 3/8/2021. LCIS, ILC. Surgery 4/19/2021 mastectomy, right

Page 2 of 2 (11 results)

Aug 22, 2022 12:50PM jh40 wrote:

iamverystressed- how did your biopsy go?

I’m 40 and currently in treatment for breast cancer. I had a single mastectomy back in June.

The first piece of advice that everyone on this forum gave to me was that it’s always good to see what the results are before getting worried. This is easier said than done of course, but it is so true.

The next piece of advice was to try not to use Dr Google too much because you can go down a rabbit hole of dread and it can be disastrous. It’s good to research things so that you can advocate for yourself once you know what’s what, but it’s always good to keep in mind that the internet is unfiltered and not all information is good or will apply to your situation.

This is a long road for most. And probably the best piece of advice when facing it is to try to take things one step at a time. As a person with a panic disorder/health anxiety this situation for me is my living nightmare, but I have managed to face and get through some of my very worst fears. I used to be terrified of surgery, but I no longer am.

The time between finding something and finding out for sure what it is (or isn’t!) is the worst time, and that I can completely attest to. I lost so much sleep and peace in the 2 weeks between my gynecologist visit and my biopsy results. It was truly hell. So know you aren’t alone if this is what you’re experiencing.

I’m a bit of a new kid on the block but I’m happy to answer any questions you’ve got that I can. Others will hopefully join in. Hugs!

Surgery 6/16/2022 Mastectomy (Right): Simple Targeted Therapy 8/1/2022 translation missing: en.treatments.targeted_therapy.targeted_therapy_medicine.short_options.trazimera Chemotherapy 8/15/2022 Taxol (paclitaxel) Dx IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+, IHC

Page 2 of 2 (11 results)

Scroll to top button