We are 160,382 members in 80 forums discussing 126,543 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Hormonal Therapy - Before, During and After → Topic: Fibromyalgia and Tamoxifen...fatigue and aching

Topic: Fibromyalgia and Tamoxifen...fatigue and aching

Forum: Hormonal Therapy - Before, During and After — Risks and benefits, side effects, and costs of anti-estrogen medications.

Posted on: Feb 14, 2012 11:54AM

dmarie71 wrote:

I started tamoxifen on Christmas Day after being diagnosed with ALH.  I also have fibromyalgia and noticed about a month after taking the medication that I am incredibly fatigued and my hips and ribs ache.  I am actually sore to the touch.  It is really scaring me and making me even more anxious about this whole diagnosis!  Did anyone else experience these symptoms?  Thanks

Dawn 

Surgery 1/20/2015 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Feb 14, 2012 11:58AM Denise2730 wrote:

Yes but for me it was the Femara. I was on it for 6 weeks and with the pain I already have from the fibromyalgia I knew this wasn't going to work for me. I quit taking it and am ordering something online that I have heard about that removes bad estrogens from your body. IMO it's crazy to have my quality of life disrupted for 5 years when there is no guarantee that I will be 100% cured at the end of that time.

But please remember this is just my personal opinion. You have to do what's right for you!

Denise

DMX 8/11/11 - TE's put in. Exchange date was December 16th. Hate them and had them redone by a different PS in June, 2012. They look so much better. Still waiting for nips & areolas. Dx 4/29/2011, ILC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/7 nodes, ER+, HER2-