Topic: Has anyone done well on aromasin?

Forum: Hormonal Therapy - Before, During, and After — This is a safe place to share your experiences of others considering or on hormonal treatment.

Posted on: Aug 8, 2008 07:06PM

Posted on: Aug 8, 2008 07:06PM

swinn wrote:

After 2 years on Femara and every SE you can get I had. I called my onc 2 months ago and he said to go off it and see if the symptoms go away. Well, they did. I feel much better. Today during my appointment he told me he really wants to see me on something and would I please try Aromasin? He's worried about my reoccurance rate. It goes from 7 or 8% taking an AI to 15-20% not taking an AI in a 10 yr. period. He said I  have a mixed bag of bc and since the surgeon didn't get clean margins the first time and had to do a 2nd surgery, he was concerned about reoccurance. I was stage 1 grade 1 and had radiation. Didn't need chemo. No lymph node involvement. Problem is now I"m scared to death to try this aromasin. Do you know myocardial infraction is a SE?  Also depression, insomnia, etc and I already have a hard time in this area. I thought I had made up my mind I was going for quality of life because I couldn't stand to live like that but now I don't know. I'm so confused. I'm almost 3 years out from my surgery and radiation. Now my onc wants to do a breast MRI. He said they show the little things that a mammo misses.

Please let me know some of your thoughts and if some of you had no problems with aromasin or at least just a few.

Sally

Dx 12/2005, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Page 3 of 3 (21 results)

Sep 3, 2008 08:12AM swinn wrote:

Just got an e-mail from my onc. Results of MRI..... NO SUSPICIOUS AREAS IN EITHER BREAST. YIPPEE!  I didn't think I was worrying that much about it but when I got his e-mail I could actually feel a great relief. Guess it just hangs over us whether we are conscious of it or not.

Sally Smile

Dx 12/2005, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Page 3 of 3 (21 results)

Scroll to top button