Join Us

We are 218,060 members in 84 forums discussing 160,867 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Tamoxifen and TMJ

Forum: Hormonal Therapy - Before, During, and After —

Risks and benefits, side effects, and costs of anti-estrogen medications. Note: Please remember that there are good experiences and bad with ALL treatments and this is a safe place to share YOUR experience, not to be influenced or influence others.

Posted on: Feb 1, 2011 10:14AM

LtotheK wrote:

Here's a weird one:  TMJ.  I have been on Tamoxifen for two months, and doing what I consider to be pretty fantastically on it.  Until...a week ago, I got a flair of TMJ.  I have always had a clicking jaw, but this is quite literally getting worse by the day.  I wear a bite plate, to no avail.

Wondering if others are having this issue. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Feb 1, 2011 12:37PM Member_of_the_Club wrote:

I've had it since well before bc.  It flares up when I'm stressed.  

Dx 9/30/2004, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 1, 2011 11:17PM mom23boyz wrote:

I have this too!  I went to an acupuncturist and it helped it alot, but it comes back because I keep taking the drug.

Diagnosis: 12/30/2009, IDC, 4cm, stage IIB, triple positive

Apr 17, 2012 05:16PM mpoppinscf wrote:

I know someone going through the same thing. About 4 months in, and plantar faciitis.

Sep 15, 2020 12:41PM lover2jon wrote:

I am suffering terribly with TMJ and 4 weeks on this drug. Did this resolve for you or what did you try

Sandy

Sep 16, 2020 06:01AM Rah2464 wrote:

I had a flare up of this right about the time (two years in on Tamox) that I began experiencing more intensity of side effects. Insomnia, carpal tunnel, leg aches, hot flashes the whole nine yards. Previously I had been able to tolerate the side effects or I would only get one or two intense at a time. So I vented to my Oncologist and she has switched me to 10 mg twice a day. The theory she has is my 24 hour peak concentration of the drug will be less, but we will maintain a low enough concentration to be effective. So far, it is working for me. Could be entirely placebo effect, but perhaps worth a try for you.

Dx 5/23/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 6/26/2018 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy 7/26/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)