We are 164,798 members in 80 forums discussing 129,368 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Hormonal Therapy - Before, During and After → Topic: scalp tenderness years after chemo

Topic: scalp tenderness years after chemo

Forum: Hormonal Therapy - Before, During and After — Risks and benefits, side effects, and costs of anti-estrogen medications.

Posted on: Nov 22, 2012 04:37AM

bmiracle wrote:

I was wondering if anyone is having this problem. I lost my hair 4 years ago and am on femara right now and just recently am having tenderness on my scalp like i did back when my hair was beginning to fall out. Im not losing any hair, but i have noticed it seems as if i have new hair growing!! Strange.

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Jul 13, 2015 11:38AM trishj wrote:

I had chemo which finished about two and a half years ago. Ever since my head has tended to get hot at night, but the last few weeks I am also getting a tightness across the top of my head all day and night. It is possible it is stress as I am now trying to support several people with serious health problems including a dear friend with cancer, but I am suddenly wondering if it has any connection with the chemo or the hair loss it caused. My fringe feels heavy though it has only just been cut and I feel better for pushing it back in a hairband. My scalp too seems tender. I am not on any medication as my cancer was not hormonal. It seems such a minor thing to make a fuss about but it is making life a struggle as effectively I have a twenty four hour headache.

Jul 13, 2015 03:21PM Moderators wrote:

Hi trishj. Welcome to Breastcancer.org, where you will find a wealth of knowledge and experience!

This particular topic has not been active since 2012. Perhaps you can start a new topic and post your question in order to get more feedback.

Also, our main site has a helpful section with information on different types of Headaches and tips to manage them.

Hope this helps!

The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)