Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Arimidex and smelly urine

Options
Parasol
Parasol Member Posts: 1

I'm new here so please forgive me if this has been asked before. I had a mastectomy last fall. No chemo or radiation. Have been on Arimidex about six months. My urine is becoming increasingly smelly. Embarrassingly bad. Sometimes it smells like hot dogs. Sometimes like bacon. Sometimes a sharp green grassy smell. Sometimes the smell is so strong it fills the bathroom and goes out into the hall. I went to the doctor. She did a lot of tests(UTI, vaginal infections), including cultures, and said everything was OK. I've kept a food/drink diary and can find no connection to anything I've consumed. Could it be the Arimidex?

Comments

• meow13
    meow13 Member Posts: 1,363
    edited July 2016
    Options

Well if it is, I didn't have it. I would keep after your doctor to check for chemical imbalance.

I suppose you could try another AI drug like exemestane and see what happens. Or just take a break and see if it clears up.

• November18
    November18 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2019
    Options

I know it has been quite awhile since you posted this, but I am new to Arimdex ( have been taking for 3 months) and am having the same issue. I just wanted to share.