We are 186,123 members in 80 forums discussing 140,386 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Hormonal Therapy - Before, During and After → Topic: Side Effects of Ibrance

Topic: Side Effects of Ibrance

Forum: Hormonal Therapy - Before, During and After —

Risks and benefits, side effects, and costs of anti-estrogen medications. Note: Please remember that there are good experiences and bad with ALL treatments and this is a safe place to share YOUR experience, not to be influenced or influence others.

Posted on: Feb 8, 2017 07:12PM

Utopria wrote:

hello - I have just started taking Ibrance for a local recurrence in 2 yrs of BC. It's been about a week. I feel my tongue burning to the point where I'm not able to eat. Any trick to helping this situation? I remember when I was on AC chemo, they would make me suck ice during administering to avoid mouth sores...

Also having terrible back pain, but not sure due to Ibrance or calcium deficiency...

Recurred after BMX, Chemo, Rad and Tamoxifen...but wanna kick BC in the butt!! Dx 11/20/2014, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 2/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/7/2014 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 1/16/2015 AC Radiation Therapy 7/14/2015 Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 8/20/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Dx 11/16/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 12/4/2016, IDC, Left, <1cm, Grade 2 Surgery 12/27/2016 Mastectomy: Left