Join Us

We are 224,976 members in 83 forums discussing 163,816 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Endopredict

Forum: Hormonal Therapy - Before, During, and After —

This is a safe place to share your experiences of others considering or on hormonal treatment.

Posted on: Oct 20, 2017 11:15AM - edited Oct 20, 2017 11:15AM by 11dnc

11dnc wrote:

Sincere apologies if this has been discussed many times before, but I could couldn't find the information I need.

Does the percentage chance of recurrence scored by endopredict give you the percentage chance without taking on any form of treatment? For example, I was scored at 8% by endopredict, does this mean that if I do not opt for hormone therapy (or any other form of treatment for that matter) that there is an 8% chance of recurrence, or does it mean 8% chance assuming hormone therapy is taken?

Many thanks

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Oct 20, 2017 04:02PM Moderators wrote:

Hi 11dnc, and welcome to Breastcancer.org,

According to the main Breastcancer.org site's page on EndoPredict Test, this type of test is used to help make decisions about additional treatment after surgery, notably chemotherapy.

We're sure others will be by shortly to welcome you as well. We look forward to hearing more from you soon!

--The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Oct 20, 2017 05:30PM MelissaDallas wrote:

Based on this sample reporT, it like to me that their score and rating assumes five years of endocrine therapy. Your risk would be considerably higher without it.

http://endopredictusa.com/low-test-report-sample/

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor. Dx 5/20/2012, LCIS, Stage 0, 0/0 nodes

Oct 20, 2017 05:59PM 11dnc wrote:

Thanks Melissa, I read the same myself earlier. I asked the question because I’ve tried both arimidex and tamoxifen and I have had bad side effects from both. It looks like I’m going to have to persist with one or the other.

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)