Join Us

We are 217,588 members in 84 forums discussing 160,642 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Help! frequent urination and bladder spasms/pressure.

Forum: Hormonal Therapy - Before, During, and After —

Risks and benefits, side effects, and costs of anti-estrogen medications. Note: Please remember that there are good experiences and bad with ALL treatments and this is a safe place to share YOUR experience, not to be influenced or influence others.

Posted on: Aug 3, 2018 03:06PM

hope70 wrote:

I am taking Aromasin ( exemestane) for almost 3 years . Besides osteopenia , I am experiencing horrible vaginal burning due to vaginal atrophy and for the last week I have been urinating every 1-2 hrs 24/7! Lost my sleep! Obgyn put me on antibiotic ( even though the test for UTI was negative) Did not get any relief after taking it for 3 days . I am looking into Mona Lisa Touch procedure, but that takes time to get in. Does anyone had any success on beating these side effects? (zero estrogen is no fun)

Page 1 of 1 (9 results)

Posts 1 - 9 (9 total)

Aug 3, 2018 06:30PM Outfield wrote:

Have you tried a cooking oil? Coconut oil at refrig temperature can be used kind of like a suppository in the vagina.

I would consider finding a different Ob/Gyn. Shotgun use of antibiotics is out of date medicine and can cause harm.

FYI, there was just an FDA warning about laser vaginal procedures, specifically including the Mona Lisa Touch.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/30/health/vaginal-laser-fda.html

Aug 26, 2018 11:48AM - edited Aug 26, 2018 11:51AM by ALwayssunnysomewhere

That is exactly what I was experiencing and my doc said I have extremely narrow vagina and I was aggravated by doing too many kegels.

Menopausal since I was 41. I was sexually actively up until =5 years ago.

But still I can reach the top of the mountain.

She said I needed to use the intraRosa dhea inserts every night at bedtime.

Pain is gone. I did alternate the intraRosa with Carlson's vitamin e inserts the first few weeks because I noticed an emotional issue. Like pms but worse.

Like it.

It's not cheap and I have a card that is from the manufacturer so for now it's free.

It works,

Aug 26, 2018 11:58AM hope70 wrote:

I stopped Aromasin for 18 days now . All symptoms are gone . My dr will probably change me to Arimidex , although, I am pretty sure it has similar effects. If it becomes unbearable again, I may consider to switch to Tamoxifen. I have been taking hormonal therapy for 4&1/2 yrs now. Need to do at least 1-2 more yrs per my doc.

Aug 27, 2018 05:02AM dtad wrote:

hope70....sounds like you could have interstitial cystitis. IT mimics a UTI but there is no infection. I take D Mannose for it. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

Dx 3/20/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/10/2015, ILC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/21/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Aug 28, 2018 03:03AM gb2115 wrote:

Maybe see if you can get evaluated by a urologist?!

Dx IDC in October 2016, stage 2A, 1.2 cm ER/PR+ Her2-, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes. Mammaprint low risk luminal A, Lumpectomy + radiation + tamoxifen. Age 38 at diagnosis.

Aug 28, 2018 04:58AM - edited Aug 28, 2018 04:59AM by Lula73

Another recommendation for Intrarosa. It helps heal the tissues in the genital area. When the tissues atrophy they kind of shrivel up and shrink which can cause pain especially when expanded/touched.

-Lula Dx 1/2017, DCIS/IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/14/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 3/3/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 11/2/2017 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 1/3/2018 Femara (letrozole)

Jul 30, 2020 09:26AM scared57 wrote:

Hi,

I have been on Anastrozole for 3 mo now and have begun to have severe bladder spasms. No UTI or Interstitial Cystitis but just a lot of pressure and feel like I have to pee all the time . Anyone have similar bladder issues for this med?

Thanks in advance!

Jul 30, 2020 09:44AM BlueGirlRedState wrote:

I do have frequent urination issues that have increased with age, cancer, and cancer treatments. Before cancer and cancer treatments it wasnot as bad. I do take an AI, but do not think things got worse with it. But since age and AI/tamoxifen both descease estrogen, I think that does play a part. I am drinking 2-3 cupsgreen tea/day for about a year now, before that, very little green tea. I have been using more turmeric and turmeric supplements which might also contribute, but help with joints. When I go without either for a few days, frequency subsides a little, but does not go away. I did see a therapist, who showed me a few exercises and mental tricks, which helped, a little.

Jul 30, 2020 01:51PM flashlight wrote:

A urogynecologist would be able to help you. You can always call to see when they might be accepting patients again in your area.

Dx 11/15/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Dx DCIS, Left, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy Surgery Lumpectomy: Left

Page 1 of 1 (9 results)