Topic: Need your Tips for Taking Oral Hormonal Meds as Prescribed !

Forum: Hormonal Therapy - Before, During, and After — This is a safe place to share your experiences of others considering or on hormonal treatment.

Posted on: Jul 30, 2019 10:43AM - edited Jul 31, 2019 09:03AM by moderators

Posted on: Jul 30, 2019 10:43AM - edited Jul 31, 2019 09:03AM by moderators

moderators wrote:

Remembering to take your medications can be difficult. Are there any strategies that helped your remember to take your pills as prescribed?"

Beyond simply forgetting, there can be other more complex reasons for missing medications, such as out-of-pocket costs, problems with side effects, not wanting a daily reminder of having cancer, doubting whether the medication is even working, not wanting to take yet another pill, etc. Did you face any of these issues, and if so, how did you overcome them?

Thank you for sharing!

p.s. this is to help us in creating a new content piece on adherence to medication.

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Page 7 of 7 (65 results)

Oct 24, 2021 06:59PM - edited Oct 25, 2021 05:24AM by moodyblues

This Post was deleted by moodyblues.
Dx 2/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 3/31/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant Chemotherapy Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Oct 27, 2021 06:29PM moodyblues wrote:

It's been a very long time since I have been on this site, a very long time. I recently changed over to Exemestane last week after being on Letrazole for almost 4 years and I'm having terrible issues with sleep now. I am hoping that someone can give me some tips on what they did to get some rest, maybe the magic time that worked for them to take this med. I've tried it right before I dropped in bed, I've tried it a half hour before bed. I am tired! When I do finally fall off to sleep, I wake up over and over; I do fall right back to sleep though, thankfully. I work and was afraid how it may affect me if I took it during the day. Anyone?

cross posted.

Thanks!

Dx 2/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 3/31/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant Chemotherapy Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Oct 27, 2021 09:25PM lillyishere wrote:

moodyblues, I can only speak for letrozole. I've been in letrozole for almost 2 years and I took it at 10 pm every night. I had problems with insomnia that were getting worst and waking up in the morning with stiff joints that got better after morning yoga. It is been around 10 days that I changed letrozole to 9 am and the difference I can see is that I sleep better and I don't wake up with joint stiffness like before however, it seems that my digestion system throughout the day has changed and I am bloated that is very unusual for me. Maybe you should try to change it in the morning time and see how it goes. Let us know :)

“Within five years, cancer will have been removed from the list of fatal maladies.” That was the optimistic promise to U.S. President William Howard Taft in 1910 when he visited Buffalo’s Gratwick Laboratory, “What’s taking so long?” Dx 7/31/2019, ILC, Left, <1, Stage IIA, 2/5 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 7/31/2019 Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole) Surgery 9/1/2019 Lymph node removal (Left); Mastectomy (Left): Nipple Sparing; Mastectomy (Right): Nipple Sparing; Reconstruction (Left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (Right): Silicone implant Surgery 9/1/2019 Mastectomy (Left): Nipple Sparing; Mastectomy (Right): Nipple Sparing; Prophylactic mastectomy (Right) Surgery 9/19/2019 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (Right): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy 11/30/2019 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 12/1/2019 Femara (letrozole), Aromasin (exemestane) Dx LCIS/ILC, Both breasts, 2/5 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 22, 2022 06:14PM pokemom1959 wrote:

I started on Letrozole about 2 weeks ago. I’m having minor hot flashes but no insomnia - quite the opposite. Around 3 or 4 in the afternoon, I get so tired that I have to take a nap, which is very unusual for me. I’m still working full time, so it is problematic. I’m taking my Letrozole around 9:00 at night and I’m wondering if I take it in the morning when I first get up if the tiredness would hit me around 3 or 4 a.m. when I’m already asleep. Has anyone else had this issue and found a successful resolution

Dx 11/7/2013, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER+/PR+ Surgery 1/22/2014 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left) Radiation Therapy 1/22/2014 Breast Dx 1/23/2014, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/19/2014 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Hormonal Therapy 4/7/2014 Dx 2/2021, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/16/2021, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/16/2021 Lumpectomy Chemotherapy 1/24/2022 Other Chemotherapy 1/24/2022 Other Radiation Therapy 5/1/2022 Whole breast: Left breast Hormonal Therapy Radiation Therapy

Jul 24, 2022 07:36PM moderators wrote:

That is a great question, pokemom1959. We are sorry to hear that you are having some trouble with fatigue. We are including some links that may be good resources for you. Good luck with the side effects and let us know if you need any additional resources.

Warmly,

The Mods

https://www.breastcancer.org/treatment/hormonal-th...

https://www.breastcancer.org/about-you/finished-tr...

Vitrual Meetup - We are offering a Virtual Meetup every Friday at 1pm, ET (Bonded by the breast cancer experience) in case you are interested. It's primarily for those finished with active treatment, but who may be on longer term hormonal or other treatment, and could use the support

If you are interested, please register here in advance for this meeting:https://breastcancer-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIuduGspz0rG93Jrg16Zi1NQrja-insoVJm
To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Page 7 of 7 (65 results)

Scroll to top button