Join Us

We are 217,648 members in 84 forums discussing 160,665 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Effexor side effects?

Forum: Hormonal Therapy - Before, During, and After —

Risks and benefits, side effects, and costs of anti-estrogen medications. Note: Please remember that there are good experiences and bad with ALL treatments and this is a safe place to share YOUR experience, not to be influenced or influence others.

Posted on: Jul 20, 2020 05:37AM

smwusaf wrote:

I've been doing okay with anastozole, mostly achy joints, painful sex that I manage and lower libido and hot flashes/ night sweats. My MO prescribed Effexor saying some women are finding help with hot flashes. I just read the common side effects and sexual problems was one..... I can't take more sexual problems. Before I start, anyone else taking this and what are you finding with it? currently I also take Nuvigil (narcelepsy) and Levothyroxin (thyroid).

Oh, and have an appointment to discuss the fact I've gone over tot osteroporis in my back. :(

Thanks,

Sarah

Dx 10/5/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 11/13/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 1/4/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 2/20/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Aug 6, 2020 11:24AM fishcheerleader wrote:

I took it briefly, for about a month. I didn't see any changes in frequency or intensity of hot flashes, but it made me extremely constipated. Also, there is a contraindication with methylene blue...not sure that it counts, but I use it daily at work to sterilize fish eggs...I thought it best to discontinue. Read about it before starting, it is not easy to get off of, although I didn't have any issues.

Aug 6, 2020 11:42AM Spookiesmom wrote:

DH also has cancer and hot flashes. I tried it when on aramidex. Didn’t help either of us.

Reoccurrence 3-19. Dx IDC, Stage IIIA, Grade 3

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)