Join Us

We are 217,522 members in 84 forums discussing 160,606 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: side effects of Arimidex

Forum: Hormonal Therapy - Before, During, and After —

Risks and benefits, side effects, and costs of anti-estrogen medications. Note: Please remember that there are good experiences and bad with ALL treatments and this is a safe place to share YOUR experience, not to be influenced or influence others.

Posted on: Aug 9, 2020 02:19PM

DLB13 wrote:

I have been on Arimidex for just over a year. I am so fatigued that I don't have the energy to do anything. From the moment I wake up I'm exhausted, depressed, achey, and nauseous. And my hot flashes are off the charts. I hesitate to switch medications because I fear I will just have a new set of side effects. Anyone else experience this with Arimidex? I know I need to be on it, but I can't remember what it feels like to feel good.

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Aug 12, 2020 03:48PM Moderators wrote:

Hi again DLB13,

We're so sorry you haven't received any responses yet. However, we're sure that now we have posted, and your post has popped back up into Active Topics, someone will weigh in with their experiences.

Many of our members have experienced all sorts of different side effects with this medication. In fact, there's a whole thread of others sharing their stories. You may want to introduce yourself on the Arimidex (anastrozole) users, new, past, and ongoing thread to meet others who may have a similar situation to yours.

We hope this helps and that you find some relief soon! Let us know if you need any further assistance!

--The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Aug 12, 2020 09:27PM Jojo0529 wrote:

I noticed the side effects change over time. For example I had carpal tunnel for scout ten days. Eventually my body adjusted. It is a tough drug.

ONCO 17 ....ki-67 25% miotic 1. Dx 7/30/2015, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/20/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 9/3/2015 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 12/1/2015 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 1/11/2016 Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)