Join Us

We are 218,193 members in 84 forums discussing 160,935 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Acupuncture - My miracle

Forum: Hormonal Therapy - Before, During, and After —

Risks and benefits, side effects, and costs of anti-estrogen medications. Note: Please remember that there are good experiences and bad with ALL treatments and this is a safe place to share YOUR experience, not to be influenced or influence others.

Posted on: Aug 20, 2020 06:50AM - edited Aug 20, 2020 07:04AM by Valentine214

Valentine214 wrote:

I know acupuncture has been discussed in many threads, but wanted to tell my story and not have it get buried in another conversation.

I have been on Exemestane for approximately 2 1/2 years. For about 2 years, I tolerated it well with minimal side effects. About 6 months ago, I started having a lot of stiffness, especially in my feet, when I first got out of bed. I had to shuffle to the bathroom and it took a few minutes of walking around before I loosened up. A few months go by and it starts taking longer and longer to loosen up. Then my knees started to bother me. Now, no matter how much I walked or stayed on my feet, the stiffness would just not subside fully. I had been taking Glucosamine and Chondroitin from the beginning, which seemed to help, but now getting no relief whatsoever.

I absolutely do not want to take a pill to combat the side effects of another pill. I have had enough chemicals pumped into me to last a lifetime, thank you very much. (Side note: Before my BC diagnosis at 48, as an adult, I never had anything worse than the flu. Had not taken an antibiotic since childhood. Was never a fan of better living through chemistry.) With that in mind, I decided to try acupuncture. I understand I may be an outlier, but after the 1st treatment, I saw a marked improvement. After 3, no more shuffling to the bathroom, no more stiff knees. I feel like a healthy 51 year old and not an 80 year old woman with arthritis. It has been my miracle.

I know not every insurance covers acupuncture, but if it does, please give it a try. It does not hurt. It may really improve your quality of life. It has mine. 😀

Stacy Dx 9/19/2017, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 10/17/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 3/22/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 4/23/2018 3DCRT: Breast Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Oct 6, 2020 11:04PM Totallytubular wrote:

hello valentine,

thanks for this post. In the last four years with the anti estrogen meds I've had insomnia and low energy. lately my pinkies joints are stiff. (currently on aromasin) hoping some accupuncture can help balance my system. heading to a local community class soon. glad you are feeling better!

Dx 11/15/2014, IDC: Tubular, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/10/2014 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 1/31/2015 Whole-breast: Breast Dx 10/30/2015, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/18/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 1/13/2016 Whole-breast: Breast Chemotherapy 4/3/2016 CMF Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Oct 7, 2020 11:30AM Valentine214 wrote:

Please let me know how it works out for you.

Stacy Dx 9/19/2017, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 10/17/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 3/22/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 4/23/2018 3DCRT: Breast Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)