Join Us

We are 218,037 members in 84 forums discussing 160,860 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Anybody NOT restart tamoxifen after having a baby?

Forum: Hormonal Therapy - Before, During, and After —

Risks and benefits, side effects, and costs of anti-estrogen medications. Note: Please remember that there are good experiences and bad with ALL treatments and this is a safe place to share YOUR experience, not to be influenced or influence others.

Posted on: Sep 1, 2020 11:33AM

HolaSandy wrote:

I’m totally on the fence. I did 2 years before getting pregnant and am not sure I am am done having kids. We have a 6 year old and a 6 month old. My onco wants me back on tamoxifen plus ovarian suppressant soon. I figured I would go back on at some point. I’m almost 37 though and feel like maybe I should make sure I’m done having kids before committing to it rather than doing another year or 2 on T and quitting again. Any experiences or words of wisdom are appreciated.

Kristyn. Age 32 at Dx, nurse, wife, mom. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle. Dx 2/3/2016, DCIS/IDC, Right, 4cm, Grade 3, 1/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/11/2016 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 9/7/2016 Mastectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 10/5/2016 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 11/9/2016 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall