Join Us

We are 218,032 members in 84 forums discussing 160,858 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Tamoxifen and uterine lining thickening

Forum: Hormonal Therapy - Before, During, and After —

Risks and benefits, side effects, and costs of anti-estrogen medications. Note: Please remember that there are good experiences and bad with ALL treatments and this is a safe place to share YOUR experience, not to be influenced or influence others.

Posted on: Sep 26, 2020 09:22AM - edited Sep 26, 2020 09:23AM by Dovely

Dovely wrote:

Hi ladies,

I just found out yesterday after an ultrasound that my uterine lining is thickening. She said it did not show any signs of malignancy. I will know more next week, I could only talk to my doc's nurse who couldn't answer too many questions. I'm assuming it's from Tamoxifen at this point. I have been on it for two years and neither my MO or my GP had suggested a baseline ultrasound until this past month when I had a particularly painful ovulation (no spotting though). My periods have been very regular and the flow is the same as they were before. I don't like Tamoxefin and have a few side effects, none are unbearable. She said if I have extreme pain or abnormal bleeding it will be treated otherwise we just “watch it". This is unsettling to me. So if I do have increased pain I may have cancer again? Or I may have to have my uterus removed? Or a D&C? Ugh. So I'm taking a medication to prevent cancer that may also give me cancer. Anyone else dealt with this? Also- that mid cycle pain was pretty bad. I was stranded on the couch with a heating pad for two days, but after that, it totally went away.

Dx 10/9/2018, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 10/18/2018, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/23/2018 Lymph node removal: Left, Right; Mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 11/6/2018 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)