Join Us

We are 218,061 members in 84 forums discussing 160,867 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Evista withdrawal symptoms

Forum: Hormonal Therapy - Before, During, and After —

Risks and benefits, side effects, and costs of anti-estrogen medications. Note: Please remember that there are good experiences and bad with ALL treatments and this is a safe place to share YOUR experience, not to be influenced or influence others.

Posted on: Sep 26, 2020 06:59PM

kimberly62 wrote:

Hello, I've been taking Evista for 5 years and my Doctor said I could stop taking it at this point. I will discontinue taking it next month and was wondering if anyone experienced any withdrawal symptoms from stopping?

ALH-2015

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Sep 26, 2020 10:42PM Jaybird627 wrote:

Hi. I took it for 3 years (many years ago) and had no withdrawal symptoms but then I didn't 'feel' any different while I was on it. I was originally on Tamoxifen but couldn't tolerate it and was pre-menopausal so my onc suggested the Evista. I'd take it again if it was recommended. Good luck!

Jaybird. My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope - Ovid. Dx 3/5/2005, IDC, Right, Stage IIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/5/2005 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Latissimus dorsi flap, Silicone implant

Sep 27, 2020 05:52PM kimberly62 wrote:

Thank you Jaybird, I didn't have any trouble while on it, so fingers crossed it will be easy to go off as well.

ALH-2015

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)