We are 162,664 members in 80 forums discussing 128,006 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Complementary and Holistic Medicine and Treatment → Topic: Root canals and breast cancer

Topic: Root canals and breast cancer

Forum: Complementary and Holistic Medicine and Treatment — Complementary medicine refers to treatments that are used WITH standard treatment. Holistic medicine is a term used to describe therapies that attempt to treat the patient as a whole person.

Posted on: Aug 23, 2010 11:51AM, edited Aug 23, 2010 11:55AM by dlb823

dlb823 wrote:

Can anyone explain to me the link suspected by some holistically-minded people between root canals and developing breast cancer?  My dentist is recommending that I have a root canal.  I've tried to research a theory I've heard in the past about a root canal precipitating bc on the same meridian, but frankly, I don't quite get it.  Does anyone really understand it, and does anyone think there's any truth to it?   By the way, I had a root canal maybe 15 years ago, but have never been able to form a mental link to it being a factor in my bc nearly as much as I can family history, stress and HRT.  But, at the same time, I'm still kind of leery to proceed, in case there is something to it. 

"The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears" Native American proverb Dx 2/1/2008, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/16 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/3/2014, Stage IV

Page 3 of 3 (73 results)

Posts 61 - 73 (73 total)

Oct 12, 2011 03:27PM Belinda44 wrote:

Thought this was interesting and kinda related to the topic at hand (mouth issues/infections and cancer).  Just saw a quick blurb on my local news this evening about a possible link between mouth bacteria and pancreatic cancer....googled it and found this:

So many fascinating things/theories we learn everyday about this complex disease.....

Oct 13, 2011 07:40PM impositive wrote:

dogeyed, I have studied the cancer-fungus link intensively for the last couple years.  I do believe they are related and have posted my thoughts and findings on the "fungal theory" thread in the "Alternative forums."  Interestingly, because of fungi's affinity for estrogen, their ability to adhere to our tissues is doubled in estrogen dominant women... but what makes us estrogen dominant?  One reason could be because we have a fungal overgrowth such as candida.  Fungi produce toxins such as zearalenone that are highly estrogenic and these toxins can actually raise our estrogen levels so it becomes a vicious circle.  Antibiotics are one of the big culprits of candida overgrowth so be careful with those ladies!   Mainstream medicine seems to be ignoring these issues.  Hopefully, someday, they will catch up to these early researchers work. 

Apr 24, 2012 09:51PM norahamby wrote:

Hmm. I got bc on the same side as my root canals.

Dx 1/29/2012, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Apr 24, 2012 10:43PM jenlee wrote:

My two front teeth were loosened when my dog reared his head into my mouth.  Not sure which one had the root canal, but it was two years before my diagnosis.  Though I can think of about ten other factors that probably contributed to the development of my BC, bad luck among them.

Jenifer, completed TAC x 8 on 4/24/2012. Lumpectomy on 5/23/2012. BMX & immediate DIEH stage 1 on 6/5/2012 NOLA; stage 2 surgery 10/4/12 NOLA. Tamoxifen since 6/2012. Switched to Arimidex 9/2013. Dx 10/20/2011, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 25, 2012 10:51AM , edited Apr 25, 2012 10:51AM by gumshoe

This post really caught my eye.

Not too long after I was diagnosed, I had an infection in one of my molars (same side as affected breast). They said I'd need a root canal. I've never had a root canal in my life! I was on antibiotics because the pain was so severe but because I was going in for more surgery, I couldn't have the root canal right away.

Fast forward 6 weeks: went to the endodontist who said there was no sign of an infection and that I didn't need a root canal after all.

Dx: 1/20/2012, DCIS, 3cm, Stage 0, Grade 3; Tx: lumpectomy, re-excision, skin-/nipple-sparing mastectomy (right), tissue expander placed, tissue expander removed due to skin necrosis, graft taken from thigh to replace lost skin.

Apr 25, 2012 11:21AM momoschki wrote:

I asked both my dentist and the endodontist I was referred to for an evaluation for a questionable tooth, and both denied any connection.  The endodontist, in particular, looked at me like a was a nutcase.  Still, I am not convinced that there is no definitive connection.  Anyone know of any reputable literature on this topic?

ADH dx 3/11 Surgery 3/10/2011 Lumpectomy: Left

Apr 25, 2012 11:44AM , edited Apr 25, 2012 11:45AM by dlb823

Here's an interesting website I just came across.  Don't know how "scientific" any of this doc's quotes are, but there's a meridian chart that's one of the best I've seen at detailing the whole meridian connection theory.  I've actually been looking for a holistic dentist and was interested to see that this one is located in So. Ca. 

As with any other risk factor, I think it's a very individual thing.  I equate it to smoking.  Some people get lung cancer from smoking, some don't.  It just (IMO) depends on what other stresses there are on your immune system and your genetic make up, as well as other lifestyle and environmental factors.   If you're predisposed to this sort of genetic breakdown and have enough other imbalances (e.g. too much estrogen) and other things already going on, it might make more of a difference than if we don't.   JMHO...    Deanna

Oops!  Forgot to give you the link:  http://naturaldentistry.us/1224/can-root-canals-cause-breast-cancer/ 

"The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears" Native American proverb Dx 2/1/2008, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/16 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/3/2014, Stage IV

Oct 1, 2012 07:55PM Dental wrote:

Hello everyone.......hope you are recovering and on a great path to finding your cause and cure. Just got back on to see if anyone has connected the dots to root canals? No.....they are not the only cause....but, if you discourage anyone from asking a " Biological Dentist " then you must be an advocate of the American Dental Association. Shouldn't we encourage all efforts to find the cause?

Oct 1, 2012 10:46PM dlb823 wrote:

Dental, I had something happen related to this question.  While having some dental x-rays a few months ago, I found out that a root canal I had 15+ years ago but no longer remembered what tooth it was done on was actually on a tooth that is on a breast-related meridian, which didn't totally surprise me, but gave me further reason to believe that my old root canal may have been a contributing factor to my developing bc.  OTOH, researchers have recently determined that there are several kinds of bc, and I don't believe they are all related to root canals, or that root canals are always a problem -- just that they might be one of many precipitating factors or stressors on our immune systems that play into developing bc for some of us.     Deanna

Oct 8, 2012 06:54AM Dental wrote:

Hi Deanna, you are absolutely right that there are many causes of BC. The Cancer Tutors told me about the thermography that I believe you have mentioned. His wife had the test done that showed the red line from her tumor to her root canal. Have you considered having this done to see if there might be a connection? Please if you find there is a connection.....make sure you find the best biological dentist to remove it. There were so many toxic materials when they removed mine.......and it was not cleaned out properly. By the way, do you remember my mentioning in Switzerland they used the Darkfield Microscopy to find out I had aspergillus in my blood? With this outbreak of fungal minengitis they are finding that it is aspergillus. If the Darkfield wasn't banned in the US a lot of people could be diagnosed much quicker. It is so frustrating and continues to haunt me that the simplest of tests could help so many. My very best to you.

Oct 9, 2012 05:29PM hendrik wrote:

The 3 mouthinfections are gum/periodontitis, rootcanals and bone cavitations. All 3 spread bacteria into the bloodstream, lymfesystem and /or via the nerve systems (axions). These bacteria are known to cause mainly atheriosclerosis of the bloodvessels, besides otehr damages to organs and joints.

The rootcanal problem is that the dentist can only seal the main canal;s and not the many small assecory canals, which feed the tooth when alive. These nerves enable you to feel cold and or sensitive teeth. These nerves rot when a tooth dies and become home to the anaerobic bacteria. These leak into the bone, sinus etc and their toxins are known as thioeters and mercaptams. Theya re very toxic. These toxins block the pathway p53-p21 which is the imune systems its defense against cancer growth and metastasis.

The bone cavitations have toxins more toxic than the one of rootcanals. The are hollow openings in the bone jaw where teeth have been extracted without debriding the ligament of the  socket.

Thiese researches were presented by the researcher Jones, who has also developed the cavitat. This device is used to find bone cavitations.

T.Rau just found the connections with the meridians.

There are more factors causing cancer, such as lifestyle, but having a rootcanal is participating in the lottery for cancer. Also known is that calcium and magnesium deficiency in drinkingwater does not protect against 5 types of cancer, as published in 2009. The modern food fast food in does not provide enough minerals, it needs to be in drinkingwater.

The people with periodontal problems /infection have a chronic state of body acidosis. The body uses calcium from the bone to fight the acidity.  Healing and prevention starts with change of diet and remove the infections from the mouth.

Mercury does not cause cancer. It does affect the immune system and oxidizes the body and is a toxin that is involved in many ilnesses. For thoose reasons it should be removed safely from the body.

Hendrik Dentist

Oct 9, 2012 06:05PM Galsal wrote:

Ironically, just had a root canal done last week for a crown that broke off.  It was on the non-cancer side.

Dx 12/14/2011, ILC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/9/2012 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 10/5/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 12/12/2012 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 4/15/2013 Aromasin (exemestane)

Oct 9, 2012 06:47PM Dental wrote:

Dr Jerry Bouquot is the oral cavatational Genious!

Page 3 of 3 (73 results)