We are 222,741 members in 81 forums discussing 156,886 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: anyone taking Turmeric/curcumin

Forum: Complementary and Holistic Medicine and Treatment — Complementary medicine refers to treatments that are used WITH standard treatment. Holistic medicine is a term used to describe therapies that attempt to treat the patient as a whole person.

Posted on: May 4, 2008 09:43AM

amberyba wrote:

Wondering if anyone has taken turmeric/curcumin post cancer diagnosis and if taken during rad treatment...

my rad onc. OK'd taking it during treatment.Cool..I've read it helps skin during rad treatment.

so far I'm only a week into treatment and only taking dose recommended on the bottle of turmeric.

many studies of this magnificent herb;Smile

http://www.turmeric-curcumin.com/

thanks in adv. for your input!Wink

Amber

Amber Almond Dx 2/2008, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 2 of 2 (34 results)

Posts 31 - 34 (34 total)

Jun 6, 2019 01:04PM kec1972 wrote:

I use turmeric in food form. I use one teaspoon per day and usually mix it into my salad dressing.

Dx 12/17/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 1/7/2019 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 2/20/2019 Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jul 21, 2019 01:23AM macb04 wrote:

I take Thorne Meriva Curcumin, 2 caps twice per day. Can not be comfortable without it due to arthritis pain. In the past I ran out of money, and couldn't afford to buy it. Then pain came back, got scared until I realized I was off the Curcumin for a couple of weeks. Then I broke into my Retirement money so I could go back on the Curcumin. Now I never skip it, no matter what.

Jul 22, 2019 12:04PM kcrd4766 wrote:

One other thing to note about turmeric or curcumin is that a form that is hydro-soluble or a form that contains a black pepper extract absorbs better.

Jul 23, 2019 12:21AM macb04 wrote:

That is so true. I am on the Meriva form of Curcumin, which is especially formulated to more absorbable.

Page 2 of 2 (34 results)