Topic: natural girls

Forum: Complementary and Holistic Medicine and Treatment — Complementary medicine refers to treatments that are used WITH standard treatment. Holistic medicine is a term used to describe therapies that attempt to treat the patient as a whole person.

Posted on: Mar 3, 2009 07:59PM

Posted on: Mar 3, 2009 07:59PM

amberyba wrote:

I have tried this before, but wanted to start a thread for us natural girls to build our friendships, share our thoughts and the natural things we are doing. there is a thread called bottle of tamoxifen, that I enjoyed the friendships of, but now that I am off the tamoxi-train and using alternatives, it would be nice to have a support group of women who encourage each other with alternative, complementary and holistic treatment.

Here's to friendship and support.

Amber Almond Dx 2/2008, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 338 of 1,013 (10,130 results)

Nov 8, 2009 11:02PM Luna5 wrote:

Thanks for the smoothie recipes.  Will get on that right away:)

Bi-Lat Mast, Hysty/Ooph, OncoType DX 0, No Tamox, No AIs,No Chemo, No Rads, We can all make informed choices without making the same choices. Dx 4/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 8, 2009 11:06PM Luna5 wrote:

I had cut out all sugar.  But, wanted to ask if organic honey is okay or am I better off staying off all sugar.  The reason I ask is I was able to quench my chocolate craving tonight by mixing 2 heaping teaspoons of dark cocoa with almond milk and a little organic honey.  If this is a bad idea, I won't do it again.  I was just hoping, hoping, hoping you guys would say that it is a GREAT idea.  Can't blame a girl for hoping!

Bi-Lat Mast, Hysty/Ooph, OncoType DX 0, No Tamox, No AIs,No Chemo, No Rads, We can all make informed choices without making the same choices. Dx 4/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 9, 2009 03:37AM deni63 wrote:

Luna - that sounds YUMMY! Actually honey is a good substitute for sugar because it is low glycymic. My doc told me to use either stevia or honey (raw is best) as a sweetner.

Nov 9, 2009 04:04AM Merilee wrote:

My vote is for Agave nector for sweetening, I like it better than honey, and I love honey :)

breastcancerbeast.blogspot.com & downsyduderescueranch.blogspot... Dx 4/4/2011, ILC, 1cm, Stage I, 0/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 9, 2009 05:00AM deni63 wrote:

Yes, agave is good too!

Here is an interesting article about the resistance in the cancer industry for more personalized treatments:

http://www.cancerdecisions.com/content/view/284/2/lang,english/

Nov 9, 2009 07:37AM vivre wrote:

Luna-You are so right that if we had known all this stuff 30 years ago, we would have never gotten cancer. Sadly, I must admit that  I probably would not have listened. All my grandmothers lived to a ripe old age. My grandmother is still alive. None of them had cancer, so I thought I was impervious. But I have come to learn the whys for my cancer, and I am committed to spread the word to healthy people so they do not end up here. That is why I am going to do this prevention convention. Now that my students are gone, I am able to work on it. I hope we can have them all over the country and get others to be more proactive in their health.

As for the honey-I think it is just fine in moderation. Honey has antioxidant powers, and that mixture of cocoa powder and rice drink sounds healthy. Cocoa is also antioxidant. I have not been able to give up my choc habit, and I think I am going to try your recipe. My problem with most chocolate is the soy lecitin junk in it. Your recipe may make it so I can feel better about chocolate. Everything in moderation of course.

Deni-I loved that website. I have emailed Dr Moss to see if I can get him to come and speak to us. Keep your fingers crossed. If anyone has other suggestions for speakers, let me know. I want to get my compounding Pharmacist to come, my hormone doc, my thermographer and have yoga classes. If Lisa ever shows up again, maybe she can come and teach us some Zumba. It will be a fun and educational weekend. I also have someone from a culinary school in Chicago who will cook for us! My next goal is to find good hotel rates. I do not want to charge anyone to come and I hope to make it as affordable as possible. I hope you will all come and bring your healthy friends so we can spread the word.

Nov 9, 2009 07:58AM Jennyi1 wrote:

Good morning ladies Smile.

Vivre, All of this sounds sooo exciting and educational. I cannot wait until everything comes together and attend this wonderful convention Smile. Thank you so much for doing this. If there is anything that I can do or help with, please PM me and let me know. As far as getting in touch with MD's, speakers on cancer, Natural Doc's, etc. I will speak with my Primary Doc (She is all for supplements, diet prevention, etc) and see if she may be available when all takes place. Thanks again.

Jenny. 

Dx 5/20/2009, 6cm+, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/10 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Nov 9, 2009 11:14AM seaotter wrote:

I finally had my port taken out this morning. I am PORT FREE!!!!!!! Now I can't touch it and freak out like I used to. I would think "OMG is that a tumor" for just a second. How stupid is that??? My hair is now about 2 inches long. I have come a long way baby!!!!! and I have never felt better!!!

Patty

Dx 1/22/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 1/30 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 9, 2009 11:39AM Mom_of_boys wrote:

Woo Hoo, Patty!  Portless is a good thing...

Dx 12/5/2008, IDC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 9, 2009 11:48AM PatMom wrote:

There aren't many places where people celebrate people they care about being de-ported, but this is certainly one!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Until the time when someone comes up with a definitive "cure", we each have to cobble together what we believe will be the most effective treatment that we can live with, not merely survive.

Page 338 of 1,013 (10,130 results)

Scroll to top button