Join Us

We are 218,776 members in 84 forums discussing 161,218 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Jawline acne and breast cancer

Forum: Complementary and Holistic Medicine and Treatment — Complementary medicine refers to treatments that are used WITH standard treatment. Holistic medicine is a term used to describe therapies that attempt to treat the patient as a whole person.

Posted on: Apr 27, 2010 11:25AM

MariannaLaFrance wrote:

Here's something interesting to note. For the past 3-4 years, I have had jawline, cystic acne preceeding my menstrual cycle. Without fail, I would have 4-5 deep, painful acne cysts on my jawline, and even in my hairline on my neck.

Well, 3 months after my lumpectomy, no more cystic acne. Coincidence?

Anyone else notice something like this? I am wondering if the removal of the cancerous cells caused a shift in hormones.

Dx 1/26/2010, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (8 results)

Posts 1 - 8 (8 total)

May 4, 2010 03:25PM hymil wrote:

I thought maybe my stress is less because i'm off work (and also because the suspicious lump was cancer, but now it's been dealt with) stress always makes my spots worse. And stress affects your hormone balance too..egg,  chicken,, chicken, egg....

Isn't it nice having something improved for a change?

May 4, 2010 04:48PM Abbey11 wrote:

Are you on tamoxifen?  My skin is better since I started taking it.  I guess there's always a silver lining...  Whatever it is, I'll take it!

Diagnosed age 44 with BL BC Sept. 08; right side 5mm, left side 1cm. BL mast. Oct. 08, expanders, exchange to silicone implants Feb 09. Completed 10 years of tamoxifen April '19. Dx 10/2/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 4, 2010 06:48PM Raili wrote:

My jawline acne has gone away since my lumpectomy, too, but I thought it had more to due with the fact that I gave up sugar about a week after surgery... hmmm.

Dx 11/2009, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 8, 2010 10:10AM MBJ wrote:

Ladies, I would read the book "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Breast Cancer" by Dr. Lee.  It has the answers to all of your hormone imbalance questions but even more important how to not get your BC again! Smile
MBJ-Unilateral MX-METS ENTIRE LIVER, BONES Dx 2/3/2012, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 16, 2018 06:31PM Kiko707 wrote:

I have not gotten my lumpectomy result back yet but I had the same diagnosis of CA and suffered from cystic acne along jawline (spread to pretty much cheek and forehead) for years. Now after the lump is gone, my skin is so clean. It's not coincidence and I think seriously there is correlation between the two diagnosis. It's hormone.

Mar 22, 2018 05:42PM Summerspring wrote:

this exact thing happened to me too but mine was triple negative.

May 19, 2018 05:22PM SLL101984 wrote:

Cystic acne in that area is hormone driven. While on a certain birth control quite a few years back I had horrible cystic acne constantly, stopped taking it and my acne went away. Now of course part of me is wondering if I did more harm than I thought being on the pill all those years now that I find myself here...

Dx 4/18/2018, ILC, Left, 2cm, Stage IA, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/21/2018 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement

May 19, 2018 07:19PM pingpong1953 wrote:

I've had rosacea for about 20 years (I'm 65 now) and I used to get breakouts on the sides of my nose. About 2 weeks after starting chemo in July of 2017 I noticed that the breakouts had stopped. They still haven't returned. I had a lumpectomy a few weeks before the chemo, so I don't know if it was removing the cancer or taking the chemo or what, but I'm really glad to have this one benefit from all of this!

Dx 4/12/2017, DCIS/IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/2/2017 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 7/5/2017 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 12/8/2017 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 2/27/2018 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right

Page 1 of 1 (8 results)