Join Us

We are 218,775 members in 84 forums discussing 161,217 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Epithelial Cell Antigen -blood tests

Forum: Complementary and Holistic Medicine and Treatment — Complementary medicine refers to treatments that are used WITH standard treatment. Holistic medicine is a term used to describe therapies that attempt to treat the patient as a whole person.

Posted on: Feb 6, 2011 01:56PM

Suzmor wrote:

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has ever heard about or had their blood tested for circulating tumor cells from Maintrac in Germany. Apparently the blood test gives you a benchmark number of potentially tumor-contaminted cells.

Thanks,

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

May 16, 2018 03:33PM FroggyTN wrote:

Hi,

I've just done this test after resistance to 2 lines of adjuvant chemo (lung meta). I wanted to know if tumoral cells were sensitive to some phytocompounds.

People in that german lab were very serious in organizing the testing. Unfortunately (or not, I don't really know), the number of circulating cells was so low that they couldn't perform the tests. This can also mean that my tumoral cells are poorly differenciated and that they go through the testing protocol without being "seen" :-/

They recommend a follow-up of cell number.

It is expensive, but taking non-adapted phyto-supplementation can also cost quite a lot and may be risky considering drug interactions.

Kind regards

Dx 2016, ILC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIB, 2/10 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Dx 2017, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs Dx 2018, Right, Stage IV Chemotherapy Halaven (eribulin) Chemotherapy Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil) Surgery Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Lymph nodes, Chest wall Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Chemotherapy Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Gemzar (gemcitabine)

May 16, 2018 07:32PM Moderators wrote:

Thank you, FroggyTN, for sharing your experiences regarding this test! We appreciate hearing firsthand experiences about lesser-used testing. We look forward to seeing you on the boards!

The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)