We are 197,863 members in 81 forums discussing 145,395 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Complementary and Holistic Medicine and Treatment → Topic: Hormonal Girls

Topic: Hormonal Girls

Forum: Complementary and Holistic Medicine and Treatment — Complementary medicine refers to treatments that are used WITH standard treatment. Holistic medicine is a term used to describe therapies that attempt to treat the patient as a whole person.

Posted on: Apr 19, 2011 04:18PM - edited Apr 19, 2011 04:59PM by Luan

Luan wrote:

This is an open invitation to all sisters stuck with the ER+\PR+, ER+\PR-, ER-/PR+ diagnoses.  Let's wrap our heads around the problematic issue of phytoestrogens and bring to the table our findings, advice, cautions, secret tips, recipes, etc.

1) Herbs to weed out and herbs to adopt ?

2) Supplements - the good guys and the bad guys?

3) The good food vs the bad food (i.e to flax or not to flax) ?

4) The rubber ducks (xenoestrogens in bottled water, etc.) ?

From "What your Doctor May Not Tell You About Breast Cancer: How Hormone Balance Can Help Save Your Life"  Dr. John Lee and Dr. Zava, PhD (biochemist, research scientist and internationally known speaker and leading expert in the field of hormone health) :

- For those ER+ Avoid Sunflower Seeds, Red Clover Tea, Camomille Tea, Alfalfa Sprouts, Queen Anne's lace (wild carrot), Pomegranate, Fennel, Licorice, Red Clover, Yucca, Hops (Beer) and Motherwort, Coffee and Decaffeinated Coffee,

- Avoid phytoestrogens that block and interfere with the action of Natural Progesterone: Bloodroot, Ocotillo, Mandrake, Oregano, Damiana, Pennyroyal, Verbenna, Nutmeg, Tumeric, Yucca, Thyme, Calamus, Red Clover, Goldenseal, Licorice, Mistletoe, Cumin, Fennel, Camomille, Cloves.

"Thank goodness for women's intuition that senses right from wrong"

Don't knock at death's door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that. Dx 10/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 1, 2/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 3 of 3 (84 results)

Posts 61 - 84 (84 total)

Jun 9, 2011 12:57PM pip57 wrote:

I am hearing more and more about rosemary.  Another spice going in my cabinet.

PIP - multi focal, FEC100/Tax, rads, dble mast with no recon, ooph/hyst, arimidex Dx 2/1/2007, DCIS/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, 9/16 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 9, 2011 05:36PM Luan wrote:

Pip, had to miss Dr. Oz quite a bit this week Frown but did catch the bit about rosemary.

Holy Cow, enough to go crazy at Penzeys !!  Had never heard of it, you American chicks are real lucky, you're years ahead of us in terms of shopping galore !  Thanks for the info Calamtykel !

http://www.livestrong.com/article/439497-rosemary-breast-cancer/

Don't knock at death's door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that. Dx 10/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 1, 2/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 16, 2011 03:35PM Luan wrote:

Get ready Girls for a whole new ball game !!!

Not chemicals, not pollutants, not GMOs - Nanotechnology  !!

http://the-scientist.com/2011/06/15/regulating-nanotechnology/

Jun 19, 2011 12:35PM Luan wrote:

Crapshoot: The Gamble with Our Wastes

http://www.nfb.ca/film/crapshoot_the_gamble_with_our_wastes/

Jun 21, 2011 12:52PM Luan wrote:

OK, this is making me sick, sick, sick,  I LOVE RICE !

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/06/21/genetically-engineered-rice-is-a-trojan-horse--misled-by-bill-gates-and-monsanto.aspx

Jun 21, 2011 06:38PM Melizzard wrote:

ER+ gals have to avoid coffee? I never have ... I have actually recently read that caffeine can help with prostate cancer that is so similar to breast. I know caffeine can exacerbate cysts ... But I haven't heard that it exacerbated tumors. Can you clarify?

Xxoo
Melissa

Jun 21, 2011 07:37PM Luan wrote:

Melissa, yeah.....I know, I still have my stiff one in a.m., but let's say someone were to have 5 or 6 cups a day, maybe that would be too much.  I'm sure I've seen a thread or two about the subject of maybe on the Natural Girls thread, if you do a search.

"Furthermore, emerging research is discovering previously unknown phytoestrogens in coffee which may alter "the actions of estradiol" and activate estrogen receptors"

http://www.healthyfellow.com/651/coffee-estrogen-link/

This link cites many studies on the subject.

XXX

M

Jun 22, 2011 12:55PM Luan wrote:

- U.S. doctors blame chemicals for cancer epidemic

- The Cancer Factbook: Diet, Nutrition and Cancer

- The Cancer Industry--Profits Before Lives

All the above at this amazing site : http://www.encognitive.com

Jun 22, 2011 01:36PM - edited Jun 22, 2011 02:20PM by Luan

OUR BEAUTIFUL UNIVERSE: Tracking the Gulf of Mexico oil spill

The girl who silenced the world for 5 minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQmz6Rbpnu0&feature=related

Don't knock at death's door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that.
Diagnosis: 10/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIIa, Grade 1, 2/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 22, 2011 01:55PM pip57 wrote:

Luan, I got myself immersed in the ecognitive site.  Thanks.  

PIP - multi focal, FEC100/Tax, rads, dble mast with no recon, ooph/hyst, arimidex Dx 2/1/2007, DCIS/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, 9/16 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 3, 2014 02:00PM - edited May 3, 2014 02:00PM by purple32

RE: Turmeric,

I really wanted to get some powder and add pepper etc and spice up my food. I went to my fave herbal soire and he suggested against it if it was for medicinal use! He said there was just NO WAY to tell if there was 5 or 10 or 20 or 80% curcumin in the powders! I was surprised.

I ended up buying a pill ( SOLARAY ) which I believe says 95% curcumin.

Comments ?

Many thanks for add'l info or resources.

Lymphedema on LEFT. NO radiation. 2 clean nodes. purple32. Hope is our light ... in the night. Dx 3/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/1/2012 Lumpectomy: Left

May 3, 2014 04:23PM pip57 wrote:

I think that the potency of the supplemental pills are more questionable....and more expensive.  Sounds like you were a victim of "up selling".

May 3, 2014 09:19PM purple32 wrote:

Thanks pip

Thats exactly what I was wondering about - kept the receipt and will be  returning for the sprce.

Lymphedema on LEFT. NO radiation. 2 clean nodes. purple32. Hope is our light ... in the night. Dx 3/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/1/2012 Lumpectomy: Left

May 3, 2014 11:45PM pip57 wrote:

I really do wish they would have some regulations on supplements.  

May 4, 2014 01:07AM abigail48 wrote:

better not wish that, the codex atrementarius zapped all mega doses of vitamies for instance in norway  could come here

May 4, 2014 10:52AM pip57 wrote:

Yes, I have read several articles about the results.  It's too bad that money is behind everything.  And yet, I do believe that a lot of people do underestimate the danger in overdosing with some ordinary herbs.  Why can't we have that pertinent info made easily available?  Oh, that's right, too much money to invest!

May 4, 2014 03:49PM pipers_dream wrote:

No, I know why cancer rates have soared since WWII:   A Time-Lapse Map of Every Nuclear Explosion Since 1945 This will make you sick and you will certainly wonder why they've had to do so much testing.  And you may start to wonder if the party line about radon gas was true too--if you haven't already.  A natural gas that seeps up thru the ground?  Likelier an unnatural one.  

Breast cancer should not be something to fear but rather a call to go deeper in this journey called life. Dx 11/14/2013, ILC, 5cm, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 4, 2014 04:29PM abigail48 wrote:

what I call first indication shows the day of the fukashima disaster.  I live many thousands of miles away though?  half a world away

May 4, 2014 04:55PM pip57 wrote:

Pipers...Shocked

May 20, 2014 07:16AM matsgirlie wrote:

Can i have low-fat dairy? I know whole fat contains the majority of hormones. What about caffeine?

Live. Laugh. Love!! Dx 4/3/2014, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/21/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Surgery 5/5/2014 Lumpectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 7/20/2014 Radiation Therapy Breast, Lymph nodes

Sep 21, 2014 12:49PM pipers_dream wrote:

I have found a great website and with a good article about estrogen dominance:  Estrogen dominance-is it real?         

Anyway, I've been looking over the whole website and there are lots of articles about hormone balance and that's good for me b/c my hormones have been unbalanced for a long time and my doc now has me on DHEA and progesterone cream, after hormone testing.  I've had fibroids for years and I"m 55 and still just as regular as I ever was, though I'm having a few hotflashes here and there, and that's after starting my first period at 11, so it's no wonder I got BC.  Anyway, glad I got the sugar out of my diet--that was a much needed change.  Life Extension mag has an article this month about how carbs sharply increase the risk of BC I'm not sure if you all can pull this up though--I have a subscription, which was free after I ordered something.  Sugar def messes with your hormones though.  Well I've probably said that on here before lol.  

Breast cancer should not be something to fear but rather a call to go deeper in this journey called life. Dx 11/14/2013, ILC, 5cm, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 2, 2014 08:34PM Chris_G wrote:

We seem to be on similar paths Pipers.. I have had weak adrenals for years (from caregiving) and now my integrative doc has me on DHEA and we're experimenting with progesterone (yes, even though I'm P+..he says it actually is protective) but it blows me up like a whale so next I'll try adding a bit of testosterone at his suggestion. My doc (and I) really like the LEF.org protocols and information...I'm thinking about joining. Good article about how carbs increase the risk of BC. Thanks for that.

My doc isn't daunted by some of the claims about caffeine. He suggests organic coffee and of course green tea. He also prescribes DIM and iodine to help the body metabolize estrogens into their more harmless forms. There is a lot of conflicting info out there...he's progressive and keeps up with the latest research.

Thanks also for the 'Estrogen Dominance' article...reading it now...

"I did it my way" www.lef.org/protocols/cancer/c... Dx 8/6/2014, ILC, 3cm, Stage II, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/9/2014 Mastectomy: Right

Nov 19, 2017 01:23AM reyepsf wrote:

These are 2 of manysites that list the most common ways we come in contact with xenoestrogens. I'd love to know how others are avoiding these chemical additives. Thanks!

https://womeninbalance.org/2012/10/26/xenoestrogen...

http://www.cycleharmony.com/remedies/hormone-imbal...

Dec 6, 2017 07:45PM swg wrote:

I'm glad you bumped this thread. I just started reading this book. What they're saying, jibes with other stuff I've read about hormone-positive cancers. BTW it was shown in a study in the UK that progesterone puts the breaks on tumors, while estrogen fuels them..so if you have a high progesterone receptor percentage on your pathology, it might mean that your tumor is less aggressive than it otherwise would be.

I'm anxious for clinical trials to start somewhere, so they can test injecting patients with progesterone to see if their tumors shrink, like has been shown in a lab.

Dx 9/11/17. IDC grade 2, stage 1. 1.2cm. in right breast. ER+/PR+, HER2- 2nd tumor in right breast found 10/22/17. Dx 9/11/2017, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Dx 10/23/2017, DCIS/IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/28/2017 Mastectomy; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy

Page 3 of 3 (84 results)