Join Us

We are 217,552 members in 84 forums discussing 160,624 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Burzynski: The Movie **SKEPTIC ALERT**

Forum: Complementary and Holistic Medicine and Treatment — Complementary medicine refers to treatments that are used WITH standard treatment. Holistic medicine is a term used to describe therapies that attempt to treat the patient as a whole person.

Posted on: Nov 29, 2011 05:10PM

thenewme wrote:

***SKEPTIC ALERT***

I actually saw Burzynski The Movie: Cancer is Serious Business.  I know it's been discussed in other threads, but I'd love to discuss it with other like-minded people who may have seen it.  I read this review, and have to say I completely agree with the author.  Of course, I nearly always agree with the evidence-based stuff I read there, LOL!

www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/i... 

Dx 11/2008, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/9 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-
Log in to post a reply

Page 5 of 9 (245 results)

Posts 121 - 150 (245 total)

Log in to post a reply

Dec 9, 2011 02:26PM suzieq60 wrote:

I'm not sure if I expressed myself correctly - anyone would have to be a total idiot to get sucked in by that man or any promise of a miracle cure. At least traditional medicine doesn't make false promises.
2nd diagnosis October 2010 - IDC 5.8mm node negative - missed on mammogram in October 2009 Dx 10/13/2009, ILC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+
Log in to post a reply

Dec 9, 2011 05:14PM scuttlers wrote:

And reading the "stock purchases" and "donations" accounting; ALL the money goes directly into HIS personal accounts NOT into the "company". The "company" shows net assets of $4000.

What is really sad is he uses conventional CHEMO in his treatments.

My favorite side effect of treatments is BEING ALIVE! Dx 2/4/2009, IBC, 6cm+, Stage IV, Grade 3, 11/17 nodes, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2+
Log in to post a reply

Dec 9, 2011 05:33PM bluedahlia wrote:

I think my idea would be more successful!

But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they? - Scarecrow, Wizard of Oz.
Log in to post a reply

Dec 9, 2011 06:58PM - edited Dec 9, 2011 06:58PM by baywatcher

I think we all have to acknowledge that breast cancer kills, same as heart attacks, strokes, diabetes and a bunch of other diseases. Some people come through it and live and figure that they beat it. Others are not so lucky. Some people choose conventional and live. Some choose alternative and live. And others die, both conventional and alternative. No side is right and no side is wrong. It is just what is right for you. It is hard not to be judgemental when you think the other side is crazy for what they believe .... but the other side is thinking the same exact thing. It is like religion and politics, and it will never be resolved because different people just see things so differently. I wish I could live in a time that people would be more respectful and nicer and more tolerant of the view of others. And I wish that I was more respectful and tolerant myself!!! It is just hard to see the other side if you don't believe it.

Log in to post a reply

Dec 9, 2011 07:45PM suzieq60 wrote:

It's so sad to see frightened people fleeced of their money and they end up dying anyway. If someone truly cared about saving people's lives they wouldn't rip them off to such an extent.

2nd diagnosis October 2010 - IDC 5.8mm node negative - missed on mammogram in October 2009 Dx 10/13/2009, ILC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+
Log in to post a reply

Dec 10, 2011 12:59AM - edited Dec 10, 2011 01:02AM by Leia

baywatcher, I recommend this book to you. And all others on this thread:

A Conflict of Visions: Ideological Origins of Political Struggles by Thomas Sowell  This is what we have; a conflict of visions.
I read posts, here, from women that just want their conventional treatments. And others, like me, that don't.

Both theories, are valid.   But in the end, it is what works.

Burzynski has saved a lot of lives Why would anyone prevent that? Or go against that?

Again, it is nothing to you. You are choosing the right thing for you. Chemo and radiation and Tamoxifen. The "standard of care." Currently. And that works, for you.

I am just choosing something else.

I don't understand,the attacks. 

Dx 5/5/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-
Log in to post a reply

Dec 10, 2011 01:59AM pickle wrote:

I don't think it's wrong for someone to research and explore other options but research has to be from credible sources. I just think it's sad that someone chooses alternative options that have no "real" studies/science to back it up such as Burzynki's claims. I would want to see actual clinical trials that are peer reviewed and published. I watched his documentary and then listened to what the other professionals had to say in response and there isn't anything credible about him and his medical practice.

And as far as all the conspiracy theories go that Big Pharma knows there's a cure and they're hiding it...I would suspect that if that's true, then the secret is hidden on a deserted island and the gatekeepers are Elvis, Tupac, princess Di and maybe even Michael Jackson. Ok... Sorry......that part was just a bit of humour so please...no one get your knickers in a knot.

This debate has been going on here at bc.org for sooooo long and I have yet to see anyone post a credible study proving these claims. So if I missed it and if there really is peer reviewed published studies, then can someone please post it. I love to read and I am a documentary junkie..lol

Cheers
Beth

Dx
Log in to post a reply

Dec 10, 2011 02:22AM exbrnxgrl wrote:

What! Jimmy Hoffa won't be there?
Caryn

Bilateral mx 9/7/11 with one step ns reconstruction. As of 11/21/11, 2cm met to upper left femur Dx 7/8/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/7/2011 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 11/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 11/21/2011 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 11/21/2011 Bone Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2014 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane)
Log in to post a reply

Dec 10, 2011 04:02AM suzieq60 wrote:

Leia - if this bloke has saved lots of lives - where are those people? Why does he charge so much money? Why does he give chemo at all and the wrong one for the type of cancer? Why does he hide his assets etc?

My chemo/herceptin cost me nothing - not one cent - my health insurance coverted the lot and my oncologist only charged the scheduled fee so I wouldn't be out of pocket. I was admitted to a day hospital every time so that insurance would cover it all.

You have the right to your own opinions, but you keep writing about them and we keep arguing with you as is our right.

2nd diagnosis October 2010 - IDC 5.8mm node negative - missed on mammogram in October 2009 Dx 10/13/2009, ILC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+
Log in to post a reply

Dec 10, 2011 08:16AM bluedahlia wrote:

Pickes, you know if Michael Jackson had the cure, we wouldn't be here.  And you forgot Jim Morrison!

But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they? - Scarecrow, Wizard of Oz.
Log in to post a reply

Dec 10, 2011 08:47AM - edited Aug 10, 2012 07:57PM by del4

This Post was deleted by del4.
Log in to post a reply

Dec 10, 2011 10:56AM - edited Dec 10, 2011 10:57AM by pickle

Blue...big apologies for forgetting Jim. I just assumed he was your personal gatekeeper and therefore wouldn't be on the island..lol



Edited for sp...damn iPad
Dx
Log in to post a reply

Dec 10, 2011 11:47AM - edited Dec 10, 2011 11:49AM by apple

"Both theories are valid."  I don't agree at all.  

There is something about testing that lends validity to modern controlled medicine.  Many natural remedies have been tested and incorporated in modern medicine.. consider aspirin which really is pretty darn natural.  .  Conventional (big industrial complex) medicine contains many treatments and approaches.. the 'alternative... not so many. 

Those that claim to be 'natural' usually fail the sniff test for whatever reason.. Perhaps the pusher just wants to sell without the blessing or validation of controlled testing.. I'd be quite wary.  There are plenty of alternative, natural and complimentary ways that are obviously helpful.. they usually aren't sold to exploit... they just are, even if the ingredients may be sold withing a capitalist framework.... for profit.

 peace and love, apple / Mary Magdalen (really)
Diagnosis: 4/10/2008, IDC, 5cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 4/9 nodes, mets, ER+, HER2+

peace and love, apple - ..... Mary Magdalen Dx 4/10/2008, IDC, 5cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 4/9 nodes, mets, ER+, HER2+
Log in to post a reply

Dec 10, 2011 12:38PM Lulu22 wrote:

"Many natural remedies have been tested and incorporated in modern medicine.. consider aspirin which really is pretty darn natural."

A case in point is Taxol, which is an extract of the yew plant. The only reason it is used in a synthetic version is that harvesting of the bark kills the tree and results in a very small amount of the compound.

www.research.vt.edu/resmag/199... 

Dx 9/7/2011, IDC, 5cm, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/8/2011 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Surgery 1/18/2012 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 12/17/2014, IDC, Left, 1cm, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/8/2015 Lymph node removal: Left, Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Saline implant; Reconstruction (right): Saline implant Radiation Therapy Breast Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole), Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)
Log in to post a reply

Dec 11, 2011 04:51AM MsBliss wrote:

Leia, ideally, you don't want your D3 levels much above 80. Also, taking 10000 IU of D3 long term will raise your serum calcium too much. You need to temper this effect with foods high in vitamin K or take 90 to 150 mcg (that's micrograms, not milligrams) of K2. The K2 will keep the circulating calcium, which will elevate quite drastically when on such high doses of D3, from sticking to the walls of your arteries, a undesirable effect to say the least! In integrative medicine, 50 to 70ng/ml is considered a "sweet spot" for levels of D3 in people with a history of malignancy. If you have trouble getting your levels to stabilize, you can get a nicely balanced boost by simply getting good sun exposure which works much faster than taking supplements.

Also, using supplements as medicine, as I have done, is a tricky art form; I am my own experiment; I relied heavily on science and some sophisticated gene testing, among other types of tests and labs, which we have to concede, is a part of the medical industrial system, but not part of the mainstream medical model; I did my testing through different integrative and alternative practitioners. Be aware that some people have gene defects which affect the way their bodies use supplements, including D3; another example is how supplemental vitamin A can interfere with this pathway as well. It is all very complicated. A good resource is the Edge CAM at no surrender to breast cancer. He uses recommendations that are evidence based and his standard for inclusion into his CAM is very high.

But I fear, that in short order, much of the recommendations made on the Edge CAM will become unavailable. I'll tell you why. There is a movement afoot by the FDA to medicalize over the counter supplements. It is an insidious creep which will affect all of us--whether we are exclusively pro allopathic or pro alternative.

Now for a little contentiousness: As far as the FDA is concerned, well, I have developed a rather jaundiced view of their mission of late. I have relatives, that have gone through the revolving door from the FDA to high level jobs at Hoffman La Roche (it has since been merged). By their own admission, by their own body of work, by the end results of their careers, they had, as their primary goal not the science or the betterment of medicine, but the value of their stock, as their bottom line. They freely admitted this. The reasoning, and the rational was and is, "what is good for business, is good for medicine".

This is why there is a now a push to "medicalize" the US supplement industry by the FDA; they are medicalizing, if you will forgive the term, the supplement industry by dictum, not because the people have asked for it, or even needed it. The FDA, in a tacit nod to their Pharma partners, has recognized that curcumin, pomegranates, sulforaphanes, certain plant phytosterols, are great medicine. They want to tweak the molecules, to make them patentable as they did with estrogen (premarin) and progesterone (progestins), to make them profit makers. In taking them out of the public domain, they will be able to control their use and make what was once a nickle a day curcumin capsule, much more expensive, on the order of hundreds of times more expensive, and to their bottom line, much more valuable. In doing this, they will take curcumin, fever few, melatonin, anthocyanins, countless extracts, away from our access. Concentrated or what are considered therapeutic doses of supplements will not be readily available as they are today. Well, I take that back, you will be able to get them with a prescription, but they will not be the familiar molecules as we know them. They will be what is often called in pharmaceutical research, "altered and recombinant" versions of natural realm molecules.  Sometimes this is good, but not necessarily better, sometimes it is just plain bad medicine.  An interesting example is that of red rice yeast which was banned in the US because the patent holders of Mevacor argued in court that Mother Nature in producing Red Rice Yeast, a traditional medicine, was infringing on their patents. 

thenewme, fyi, the fact that Dr B own's his pharmacy is not as revealing as you might believe, or maybe it is; half of all the oncologists I consulted with owned their own dispensing pharmacies for the chemotherapy they prescribed. So, how do you feel about oncologists that also own their own pharmacies and dispensaries? Do you feel there is any inherent conflict of interest there as well?

Again, this has nothing to do with any opinions on Dr B, and I am not interested in arguing about the merits or demerits of his therapy, but in his case, he is the owner of his pharmacy because he developed the technique for producing his molecule and it is proprietary as is the equipment on which it is produced.

After reading the papers on the actual biochemistry of Dr B's molecules, I have to confess I have not grasped the pathways in which this works effectively as a stand alone therapy. I wonder if he is interested in using his molecules in conjunction with other chemotherapies because the combined effect may be positively enhanced. If this is the case, it would be interesting to vet this out.

Dx 3/09 Triple negative, stg1, SNB0/2, BRCA neg, CHEK 2 pos, 1.4cm plus 7mm DCIS, ki67 70-90%, lumpectomy w/re-excision, no chemo/no rads due to delays from secondary health issues; evidence based interventions.
Log in to post a reply

Dec 11, 2011 06:32AM apple wrote:

MsBliss.. that sure was an interesting post.  thanks for sharing.. seriously.  I wish i had your grasp of chemistry at least for starters.

peace and love, apple - ..... Mary Magdalen Dx 4/10/2008, IDC, 5cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 4/9 nodes, mets, ER+, HER2+
Log in to post a reply

Dec 11, 2011 06:51AM Chevyboy wrote:

Yes, no kidding!  And it really does make sense.... Wish I knew 1/2 as much as you do about the supplements I'm taking....I had heard curcumin is good, along with DimPlus, Grapefruit Extract, and a few others.... I think a lot of us just walk along after our cancer surgery, just hoping for the best, and trying to keep it from coming back.  Thanks for your article.
Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend. Dx 11/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+
Log in to post a reply

Dec 11, 2011 07:25AM - edited Dec 11, 2011 07:26AM by angelsister

In the uk, the use of supplements and in particular vitamins is being reviewed in the light of evidence that they can be toxic if taken in high doses. Vitamin d for instance is not readily stored by the body and as ms bliss states, getting some sunshine works better anyway.

Log in to post a reply

Dec 11, 2011 12:57PM pickle wrote:

Interesting article on homeopathy/studies etc.

http://nccam.nih.gov/health/homeopathy/

Dx
Log in to post a reply

Dec 11, 2011 03:28PM MsBliss wrote:

Cynsister, my feelings about what happened in the EU and the UK with regard to nutritional supplements is that it is a loss to personal liberties. Taking supplements away from the public is just silly nanny-state nonsense. More people die or go to the emergency room from taking cold remedies than from taking too much beta carotene or fennel.

Also, in the winter, unless you can afford to go to a place with lots of sunshine, it would be impossible to cache enough D3. A person diagnosed with triple negative, like myself, would be in the greatest danger of recurrence for the first 9 to 12 months after treatment. If such person was diagnosed in say, October, then I imagine you would be unable to build up your D3 levels during the most critical period without supplementation.

Dx 3/09 Triple negative, stg1, SNB0/2, BRCA neg, CHEK 2 pos, 1.4cm plus 7mm DCIS, ki67 70-90%, lumpectomy w/re-excision, no chemo/no rads due to delays from secondary health issues; evidence based interventions.
Log in to post a reply

Dec 11, 2011 03:31PM MsBliss wrote:

ChevyBoy,
By grapefruit extract, do you mean pectin or pectasol?

Re your avatar: who dat big kitty? What a cutie!

Dx 3/09 Triple negative, stg1, SNB0/2, BRCA neg, CHEK 2 pos, 1.4cm plus 7mm DCIS, ki67 70-90%, lumpectomy w/re-excision, no chemo/no rads due to delays from secondary health issues; evidence based interventions.
Log in to post a reply

Dec 11, 2011 03:48PM Sassa wrote:

Thenewme,

Thanks for the FDA Burzynski Warning Letter you posted a few pages ago.

A member of this board was the author of a similar Warning Letter to Burzynski back in the 1990's, long before her diagnosis of breast cancer. 

 Burzynski follows the rules of the FDA regulations so closely that it is hard to write such regulatory letters to him.  It is only through his abuse of the intent 21 CFR 56, the regulations on the protection of human subjects in clinical trials, that his quackery can be exposed in letters available to the public.

The bulls@#t in his IND's are unfortunately protected from public disclose by law.

Dx 11/6/2006, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/9 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+
Log in to post a reply

Dec 11, 2011 04:06PM Chevyboy wrote:

MsBliss....I  saw that picture of that little fat-cat one time on the Internet, & saved it...Ha!  We have a little Sheltie...she is like one of my Daughter's...Wink  And soooooo sweet!

I order most of my supplements from "Puritan's Pride."  The GRAPEFRUIT PECTIN is 1000 mg... and I take one a day.  Also Calcium, CoQ10, Sea Kelp, Vit.D-3.. Grape seed Extract...A Multi-vitamin, Turmeric, Glucosamine, Fish oilW/Omega 3.... Chaga &  Dim-plus!  Now if I would just TAKE these all the time, but days go by when I just don't.  There is a gal on these boards that helped me decide on what I could try..... I can't take Magnesium....skin rashes.

I haven't been to a nutritionist, but think I am pretty healthy... I even went through the change, I guess, but didn't know it.  No hot flashes....nothing!  My Daughter's are having a rough time now with it all.  

I had a Hysterectomy, but ovaries were left...THAT threw me into the WORST skin problems I had ever heard of.  So 6 months later, I went back on "the pill".... And took it until I was about 60, (I think.) 

Honestly, I don't feel one bit different when I don't take them!  But I'm thinking they are just supposed to be good for me... And since I quit Tamoxifen, I just thought I would try all the stuff I had heard about.  

Funny thing is, I always had Stasis Dermatitis on one of my legs, by my ankle.  For about 10 years or more, I tried EVERYthing!  So painful, and the itching was intense!    But then breast cancer and Tamoxifen for 14 months.... Quit that because I lost my hearing, BUT the skin problem went away!!!!!   It was like a miracle!  It was supposed to be a permanent condition with my skin.  But nope!   I think everything scared my skin so bad, what with the BC, radiation, and Tamoxifen, that the skin problems just cleared up! 

How do you gals get your Vit.D level checked?  I saw one place on-line, that charges you.  Do they all do that?  And is it that important?  Here in Colorado, we get a lot of sun, all year, so I try & get out there even in the Winter.    But I wear sun screen, or just not be out after mornings! 

My one Daughter & I have a lot of trouble with skin cancers.... I even had my car windows tinted, because of skin problems from the sun, and also allergic reactions, that ALWAYS showed up as blisters, hives, etc.  

Thanks for any answers....

Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend. Dx 11/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+
Log in to post a reply

Dec 11, 2011 04:50PM rosemary-b wrote:

My onc checks my vitamin D level with my other blood work but I have to ask him to do it.

Dx 2/25/2007, IDC, Stage I, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+
Log in to post a reply

Dec 11, 2011 05:01PM Chevyboy wrote:

Thanks rosemary.... I asked my PC to do the CA-15, and she ordered that along with the regular blood work....I will go back in September for my annual physical...and I will for sure ask her to order those results also, for the Vit-D level.

I don't go to an Oncologist any more.... She wasn't too concerned that I went deaf, by taking Tamoxifen, and she wanted me to try Femara, but I was just too afraid to try ANY of them.   But I DO get 6 month Mammograms still. 

Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend. Dx 11/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+
Log in to post a reply

Dec 11, 2011 05:38PM MsBliss wrote:

Chevyboy, you can request your doctor or onc run a vitamin D test--request the 25 hydroxy version. It should be covered by your insurance. If you are having aches or other symptoms which your doctor might suspect is related to low D levels, it is certainly something your insurance would cover. Being a breast cancer patient should suffice for coverage most of the time.

Vitamin D affects so many systems and pathways in the body.  It is not technically a vitamin, but a hormone precursor.  It is important to optimize your levels.

PS, aren't shelties the sweetest?  Dogs are family.....

Dx 3/09 Triple negative, stg1, SNB0/2, BRCA neg, CHEK 2 pos, 1.4cm plus 7mm DCIS, ki67 70-90%, lumpectomy w/re-excision, no chemo/no rads due to delays from secondary health issues; evidence based interventions.
Log in to post a reply

Dec 12, 2011 06:31AM Chevyboy wrote:

Okay thanks,  Bliss!  I wrote that down..... I DO have a lot of aches, but I just attribute it to my age!  And I know I should be taking more Glucosamine.   But it seems like 2 Aleve work a lot better...Wink

Sorry, didn't mean to get off track here...on the Burzynsky thread, but one thing just leads to another.

Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend. Dx 11/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+
Log in to post a reply

Dec 12, 2011 11:24AM - edited Dec 12, 2011 11:30AM by thenewme

Leia, no worries.  I have no intention of "attacking" you or trying to change your mind.  None.  I'm simply expressing my opinions about Burzynski and trying to share evidence-based information for those who may be interested.  As to all theories being equally valid.... in the beginning, maybe.  In the very beginning, if you start out with Theory A and Theory B, I guess they could be equally valid.  However, when Theory A starts to accumulate a lot of scientific evidence, rigorous testing with verifiable and reproducible effects, and Theory B continues to be *just* a theory/hypothesis, unproven or disproven, I know which one I'd base my decisions on.  Of course you're free to choose, as we all are, and I'm good with that!  I'm not sure why you'd think my opinion is some personal judgment of you, or why you'd even care what I think or whether I'd agree or not.  

MsBliss, if I understand correctly, you seem to be saying that Burzynski's ownership of the pharmacy is no different from conventional oncologists....?  I disagree, and here's why:  

"Not only is he "doing it wrong" but he's "selling it wrong" as well, charging huge sums of money for his special cocktail of targeted therapies and sodium phenylbutyrate under the guise of clinical trials and forcing patients to bear the cost, while enticing them to bear that cost by making extravagant promises and wrapping his selling of antineoplastons up as part of "personalized gene-targeted therapy." He's also prescribing huge doses of antineoplastons..... both of these are so far above the maximal tolerated dose of 300 mg/kg/d determined in the phase I trial I cited above as to be terrifying. "

Source:  What Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski doesn't want you to know about antineoplastons

ETA: Re: "So, how do you feel about oncologists that also own their own pharmacies and dispensaries? Do you feel there is any inherent conflict of interest there as well?"

I haven't experienced that personally, but absolutely I do think there could be inherent conflict of interest there too, especially if handled in the undisclosed, secretive, unregulated, and scammy way Burzinski allegedly does.

Dx 11/2008, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/9 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-
Log in to post a reply

Dec 13, 2011 12:31AM Black-cat wrote:

Another victim on the blog  today:

49

I am a recent former patient of Buryznski who was duped along with countless others.
I also got ripped off to the tune of $100K and counting.
I was told I was talking antineoplastons and went through the Caris bs too.I was given several non FDA approved drugs in combination and took chemo. Everyone there took chemo. I went in the first place to avoid chemo. Surprise. To say I am angry is putting in mildly. I am going to sue.
It is a travesty. I dont know how much of a quack he is  but I do believe he is a petty crook.

Thanks much for this informative article...it has given me more ammo to go after this jerk now that I know more.

I am also going to pubish a small blog telling of my experiences with him at word press as soon as I can make some time. It's called Burzynski Fraud.

Posted by: Mike  | December 12, 2011  4:00 PM

"It is impossible to reason someone out of something that he did not reason Dx 7/24/2009, IBC, 6cm+, Stage IIIC, Grade 2, 2/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-
Log in to post a reply

Dec 28, 2011 10:10PM MsBliss wrote:

Dear AnnNYC

--have you heard any further news on the U of Baltimore findings? 

I was wondering about your thoughts on the research.  I agree with you that it is very interesting--and scary.  I have been reading some older data that seems to question whether taxol or taxanes, in some cases, might bring on dramatic tumor shrinkage but increase CTC.  

Dx 3/09 Triple negative, stg1, SNB0/2, BRCA neg, CHEK 2 pos, 1.4cm plus 7mm DCIS, ki67 70-90%, lumpectomy w/re-excision, no chemo/no rads due to delays from secondary health issues; evidence based interventions.

Page 5 of 9 (245 results)