Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Would you try Soursop Leaves Tea?

Options

I was wondering how many of us are ready to try soursop leaves tea. I have heard a lot of good things about it..Just a random thought

Comments

• beesie.is.out-of-office
    beesie.is.out-of-office Member Posts: 1,435
    edited July 2013
    Options

Jessica, you have only two posts on this board.... and both are promoting soursop leaves tea.  Your other post was actually a suggestion to someone posting about liver, lung and bone mets that they try soursop leaves tea.

Are you are spammer or just insensitive and clueless?

• jessica123
    jessica123 Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2013
    Options

Hi Beesie, I wonder why talking about soursop in two of my posts is creating such a trouble for everybody. We are here to discuss everything we experience and hear about possible treatments of BC. I have heard so much about it that I wanted to see what other people are thinking about it.

And would you please care to tell me what makes you think I am promoting Soursop. I dont have the rights to this fruit; Although I would have applied if nature allowed me.

And yes my other post was a suggestion because my friend's aunt is taking soursop leaves and believes that its helping her fight the usual side effects of chemo.

I would appreicate if everybody keep an open mind.

An apple a day, keeps the doctor away. Does this make me a promoter of Apple? Please think

• jessica123
    edited July 2013
    Options

@ Beesie. I went and checked my comment again that I posted suggesting soursop tea. Please read the thread in reply to which I suggested soursop tea. I wonder the lady planning to try soursop is a promoter or a spammer? Lets inbox her and get it checked.

edited July 2013
    Options

Sorry, Jessica, but when someone has only two posts on this board, provides no information about their diagnosis, and posts in the Stage IV forum (as well as here) talking about a particular product, it seems suspicious.

Maybe you are legit, and if so, I apologize.  What's your diagnosis? What treatment have you had?

And perhaps if your primary interest is soursop leaves tea, you might want to consider posting in the 'Complementary and Holistic Medicine and Treatment' Forum, where this has been discussed previously. 

• jessica123
    edited July 2013
    Options

Beesie, By the grace of God, I am lucky not to have this disease. And I truely pray to God to give strength to everyone who is fighting this disease and cure them forever. I am here to get some knowledge about this because a lot of people around me who are close to me have gone through this.

Beesie I am not talking about some brand of soursop juice or capsules; I talked about a NATURAL fruit that we have the equal right to own.

I agree the the forum choice might be wrong but I just wanted to see if anybosy would like to give it a try. Because a lot of sellers on the internet are trying to rip off and empty the pockets. So wanted to see if ladies can get it for free, would they be willing to give it a try. I would also like to ask you this question. If its a naural product, would you like to give it a try? And please kindly give me the link where it has been previously discussed.
    Many thanks and wish you health!

edited July 2013
    Options

I'm glad to see that this thread has been moved from the Just Diagnosed forum into the Complementary forum, and the title of the thread has been changed so that it no longer seems to suggest that it's just trying to promote a product.

No further comments from here!

• HLB
    HLB Member Posts: 740
    edited July 2013
    Options

I am taking graviola capsules which I think is the same thing as soursop. I have seen a video on youtube that shows how to make soursop juice, which I think is a type of fruit. I have never heard of using the leaves though.

• jessica123
    edited July 2013
    Options

Hi HLB,

Since when are you taking the capsules? Are you feeling any benefits?

Thanks for your reply

• HLB
    edited July 2013
    Options

I have been taking them for about a month. No idea if its doing anything. I take a lot of supplements and also essiac tea, alkaline diet, rife machine, as well as xgeva and letrozole. Bone mets are healing (went from lytic to sclerotic) and ca27-29 back down to normal from a high of 116. Just trying to get the most of my treatments. I think if nothing else the alternatives are keeping me from having side effects, although hot flashes have gotten a lot worse in the past month or so.

• jessica123
    edited July 2013
    Options

I am really glad that your bone mets are healing. I think even if these alternatives are keeping you away from side effects, its a big achievement. My prayers are with you.

• HLB
    edited July 2013
    Options

Thank you Jessica :-) same to you and your family.

• new2bc
    new2bc Member Posts: 252
    edited July 2013
    Options

I tried graviola pills for 2 weeks after my radiation and stopped to give my body some rest. Then tried again after 2 months for another 2 weeks. It is known to lower the blood pressure while you are taking it. I have read good results online from people who have advanced cancer. But I also read that it may cause parkinsons disease.

• jessica123
    edited July 2013
    Options

Hi new2bc...Yes I have heard about parkinsons. Are you taking it now as well? I hope and pray that whatevre medicines and supplements you are taking really help you out in getting your strength back.
    Did you feel any benefit while taking it?

• new2bc
    edited July 2013
    Options

jesicca123,

No, I am not taking it right now. After my surgery and radiation, I tried graviola pills twice for 2 weeks each time. Since chemo was not recommended for me, I used graviola pills instead. I do not know if it benefited me or now. The benefits would show more in more advanced cancers where the size of the tumor is being checked periodically. But I noticed that my blood pressure was much lower when I took it.

• jessica123
    edited July 2013
    Options

new2bc may I know why u werent recommended Chemo? And I really wish there should be some survey or compilation of testimonials with contact details of people who used natural products and felt some benefits. A lot of people want to use natural products but since there are no testimonials, I guess they are not pushed. I believe natual products cant CURE cancer but they definatly can help in mitigating the side effects or help enhance the effect of mainstream traditional medicines. And i pray you stay strong and healthy. Prayers your way ;)

• new2bc
    edited July 2013
    Options

jessica123,

I was stage 1 and my oncologist felt there were more risks going through chemo b/c of side effects. Thank you for praying for me.

• Cancerovercomer
    Cancerovercomer Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2018
    Options

I would rather deal with Parkinson than cancer. Had breast cancer, underwent chemo and just discovered yesterday that sh went to my lung. I heard and read a lot soursop leaves. I used to drink the tea. Should not have abandoned the tea😣😣😣😣. Will order my soursop pills right now!

• Cancerovercomer
    edited May 2018
    Options

I would rather deal with Parkinson than cancer. Had breast cancer, underwent chemo and just discovered yesterday that sh went to my lung. I heard and read a lot soursop leaves. I used to drink the tea. Should not have abandoned the tea😣😣😣😣. Will order my soursop pills right now!

• Cancerovercomer
    edited May 2018
    Options

I will. But I wonder between the tea and the pills which one is more effective.

• Saberheat
    Saberheat Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2018
    Options

Hi Jessica,

A friend of mine recently sent me some Soursop tea. It’s also called Graviola, which I also have in pill form.

You are not the only one that has wondered about it!!!

Hope you are well.

Xo

Heather

• Soniya
    Soniya Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2020
    Options

Hi can you pls tell me whether you tried graviola tea and find any improvement. i am badly in need of answer for this. my sister is going through lots and lots of side effect due to radiation therapy. she is diagnoised with triple negative metastatis breast cancer in march 2020. Due to side effects we are planning to take graviola tea

• lovehard
    lovehard Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2020
    Options

I tried it for several months and stopped because my liver enzymes were increasing. I personally did not gain anything positive from trying it.