We are 185,959 members in 80 forums discussing 140,316 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Complementary and Holistic Medicine and Treatment → Topic: Did Osteopathic treatments help you?

Topic: Did Osteopathic treatments help you?

Forum: Complementary and Holistic Medicine and Treatment — Complementary medicine refers to treatments that are used WITH standard treatment. Holistic medicine is a term used to describe therapies that attempt to treat the patient as a whole person.

Posted on: Sep 12, 2016 12:40PM

Tanya222 wrote:

I've been diagnosed with papillary carcinoma.. I have been seeing an osteopath since last fall for severe POTS/tachycardia and he has helped immensely with those issues - not fixed yet but Rome wasn't built in a day! (I used to spend days able to do nothing but lie on the couch with severe tachycardia, now I can go weeks able to walk an hour & a quarter a day Smile)

My osteopath said, in my first app't with him, that "the body knows how to make all the substances it needs", provided the structure is correct. ("Structure Determines Function") I remembered what he said after I was dx'd last week, and asked him about it in regards to cancer, and he reaffirmed that 'his job is to make sure my body can produce those substances', he said 'there's all kinds of them' ..!!!

Has anyone had Osteopathic treatments help immensely with cancer? I don't mean so much in regards to pain, I mean in terms of what he said about the body knowing how to make the substances it needs to fix problems..

Dx'd: Sept. 7th, 2016 5:03 p.m Papillary Carcinoma, Right Breast 39 years old I also am dx'd Asperger's (ASD)

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Oct 5, 2016 04:09PM Rhoo wrote:

Tanya222, I am newly diagnosed and have nothing in response to your question. However, my PCP is also an Osteopath. While I haven't discussed this question with him, my spiritual belief is that our bodies are designed to heal themselves in most circumstances. Most DOs I have encountered have a similar training/belief. My DO also happens to be a chiropractor and is a trained acupuncturist. I plan to utilize all of his training related to my health.

ILC, Grade 2, IIIa, no treatment begun.

Oct 5, 2016 04:59PM ChiSandy wrote:

Many MDs (especially FPs) are beginning to realize that the body’s homeostasis often can lead to self-correction of some ailments, or at least altering conventional wisdom as to certain drug regimens & dosage. DOs are largely responsible for keeping them open to these possibilities.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Jan 22, 2017 07:58PM gardengypsy wrote:

Six months out from treatment. I ache from head to toe, have terrible brain fog, neuropathy and depression. I have an appointment coming up with an osteopath. Looking forward to it.

Dx 10/29/2015, ILC/IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/3/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 1/9/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 5/23/2016 Hormonal Therapy 5/28/2016 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 6/5/2016 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)