We are 182,881 members in 80 forums discussing 139,002 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Complementary and Holistic Medicine and Treatment → Topic: Beta-Glucan ? How much and for how long ?

Topic: Beta-Glucan ? How much and for how long ?

Forum: Complementary and Holistic Medicine and Treatment — Complementary medicine refers to treatments that are used WITH standard treatment. Holistic medicine is a term used to describe therapies that attempt to treat the patient as a whole person.

Posted on: Dec 24, 2016 04:49AM

Shivani wrote:

Hi

I found from Cancer tutor the benefits of taking beta glucan to boost my immune system. I've ordered a box of 60 (500mg) capsules. I am not currently undergoing chemo.

In all my research, I haven't been able to understand how long I should take the Beta Glucan for. I know the dosage is related to my body weight, and I've calculated that 1000mg per day is good for me. But I don't know how long should I take it for, or should I take it only during some 'active' treatment ? I am from India, and shipping it here is expensive.

Any information would be helpful

-

S

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Dec 24, 2016 01:41PM simsoka wrote:

I'm taking it, too, and this is a question I have about all the supplements I'm taking: How long? Cos it's getting awfully expensive! I'm relying on my holistic doctor to prescribe and adjust my supplements. I meet with him next week and will ask how long. I think it's until he feels some assurance that my body is in balance. I can let you know what he says.

my blog: simsoka.wordpress.com/ Dx 1/9/2016, DCIS, Left, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Dx 7/19/2016, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 8/22/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 8/22/2016 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 9/7/2016 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 11/21/2016 Whole-breast: Breast

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)