We are 186,190 members in 80 forums discussing 140,423 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Complementary and Holistic Medicine and Treatment → Topic: endometriosis and breast cancer

Topic: endometriosis and breast cancer

Forum: Complementary and Holistic Medicine and Treatment — Complementary medicine refers to treatments that are used WITH standard treatment. Holistic medicine is a term used to describe therapies that attempt to treat the patient as a whole person.

Posted on: Jan 18, 2017 08:45AM

kae_md99 wrote:

hi all,

just got diagnosed 1 week ago,dcis and idc ( 2 cm by ultrasound),right. dcis,left. i also have endometriosis.i will have my transvaginal ultrasound on tuesday.initial pelvic ultrasound showed complex cyst on right ovary, i am pretty sure its an endometriotic cyst.i have had endometriosis since college.i am 44 y/o. anyways i am ER (+), PR (+), Her2 pending. i read that Tamoxifen will feed the cyst? will see my BS and MO feb 3. waiting for MRI. Ca 25 is 69.i read that endometriosis will make this high. anybody here with endometriosis and breast CA? any suggestions on treatment plan, course of treatment,etc. can you enlighten me please?thanks in advance.

kae, no signature yet

kae, 1-10-17, IDC,2.5 cm, right,er(+)pr(+),her2(+),grade 2;DCIS, right,er(+),per(+),grade 2; DCIS,left, er(+),pr(+),grade 2, 2-17-17- Taxotere, Carboplatin; 2-17-17- Herceptin, Perjeta, Lupron

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Jan 18, 2017 09:26AM Mabs wrote:

kae, maybe You will benefit from ovary shutdown... I started tamoxifen alone but it gave me complex cysts and a lot of pain, so I had the Zoladex added and the tx is working well now. Zoladex is also a treatment for endometriosis in some situations, so it may help you... ask your doctor.

Wish you all the best

Dx 8/2014, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/31/2014 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 11/2/2014 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone), Zoladex (goserelin)

Jan 18, 2017 03:27PM MinusTwo wrote:

kae - if you are past wanting to plan for children, I would consider a hysterectomy. That is the only way I was able to get rid of the pain & heavy bleeding from my endometriosis. Sorry I can't relate it to your BC diagnosis. Mine was done 30 years before.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)