We are 183,106 members in 80 forums discussing 139,092 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Complementary and Holistic Medicine and Treatment → Topic: Essential Oils Book Recommendations

Topic: Essential Oils Book Recommendations

Forum: Complementary and Holistic Medicine and Treatment — Complementary medicine refers to treatments that are used WITH standard treatment. Holistic medicine is a term used to describe therapies that attempt to treat the patient as a whole person.

Posted on: Feb 10, 2017 06:17AM

Rseman wrote:

Hello Everyone!

I have incorporated essential oils as a major party of treatment for various afflictions in our home. What are your favorite books on the issue? Favorite blends? Ect. I am a beginner and it can be overwhelming so I appreciate learning from experience!!

Dx 3/12/2014, IDC, Left, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/21/2014 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 1/29/2015 Aromasin (exemestane) Hormonal Therapy 5/15/2015 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Feb 13, 2017 07:29AM massagebyjulia wrote:

I have Essential Aromatherapy by Susan Worwood. General advice for essential oils: buy organic. The ONLY two oils you can safely put directly onto the skin (the word used is 'neat') are tea tree and lavender. For all others, mix a few drops into at least one ounce of a carrier oil such as jojoba, almond, grapeseed, etc or mixed into moisturizing lotion. Never ingest oils!! A good website for info and for purchase is naturesgift.com

massagebyjulia

Feb 13, 2017 08:57AM abigail48 wrote:

i purt geranium hydrosol ot even some sort of eranium or apricot essential oil dirctly to make a sting to curtail the burning and over that a thick lotion, several times a day, only way I can sleep for an hr or two

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)