Join Us

We are 218,776 members in 84 forums discussing 161,218 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Writing Program Can Help Ease Body Concerns After Tx

Forum: Complementary and Holistic Medicine and Treatment — Complementary medicine refers to treatments that are used WITH standard treatment. Holistic medicine is a term used to describe therapies that attempt to treat the patient as a whole person.

Posted on: May 22, 2018 12:18PM

Moderators wrote:

Writing Program Can Help Ease Body Concerns After Treatment
May 16, 2018

My Changed Body, a web-based structured writing exercise, can help ease distress related to body image and increase self-compassion among women treated for breast cancer. Read more...

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Jul 22, 2018 09:11PM McButterfly wrote:

Hi, thanks for posting this. I like the idea of the prompts to encourage self-compassion. But I couldn't find where the program might be available.

Jul 23, 2018 01:29PM AliceKo wrote:

I am sure that writing can be very helpful, trying to reprocess and express your feelings going through cancer, Yet, this is not a novel idea. It's just called journaling. People have journaled through difficult times since probably thousands of years ago (if they were literate). I just wished we could have something new. Frustrated.

So many studies about breathing, meditation, exercise, support - none of this stuff is new...

We could be studying Transcranial magnetic brain stimulation on chemo brain for example...Specific OT or SLP interventions for the same issue.

Dx 2/2017, IDC, Left, Stage IIB, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 6/21/2017 Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement Surgery 7/17/2019 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Chemotherapy Taxol (paclitaxel)

Jul 24, 2018 08:21AM ksusan wrote:

AliceKo, I agree, and also a benefit of a study like this is that it helps a counselor or nurse navigator to demonstrate in their documentation that they're suggesting an evidence-based treatment.

Mutant uprising quashed. Dx 1/2015, IDC, Right, Stage IIA, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/2015, DCIS, Left, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy Whole-breast Chemotherapy Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)