Join Us

We are 218,774 members in 84 forums discussing 161,216 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Red Bali anyone heard of this?

Forum: Complementary and Holistic Medicine and Treatment — Complementary medicine refers to treatments that are used WITH standard treatment. Holistic medicine is a term used to describe therapies that attempt to treat the patient as a whole person.

Posted on: Jun 8, 2018 08:11PM

fifthyear wrote:

Hurt my back bad, while waiting at doc office, heard some patients talk about using Red Bali (an herb I think) to deal with pain. Went online and found that it has soothing effects as well as relieve pain, also helps you sleep. Is this too good to be true? Anyone using this at all? Can't find a place to buy either.

Dx 2007, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy Breast

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Jun 9, 2018 01:27AM Momine wrote:

Wiki says it has opioid properties and is psychoactive. I would not play around with this, since you would have no way to know how potent the particular supplement is. There have been deaths from recreational use of this herb.

Dx 6/1/2011, ILC, 5cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, 7/23 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 6/20/2011 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 9/13/2011 Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy 1/9/2012 Surgery 3/8/2012 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2012 Femara (letrozole)

Jun 9, 2018 11:51AM fifthyear wrote:

@Momine thanks, will stay away from it then. No wonder I can not find it on Amazon, that says something eh?

Dx 2007, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy Breast

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)