We are 215,398 members in 81 forums discussing 153,221 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Has anyone been cured via the holistic route?

Forum: Complementary and Holistic Medicine and Treatment — Complementary medicine refers to treatments that are used WITH standard treatment. Holistic medicine is a term used to describe therapies that attempt to treat the patient as a whole person.

Posted on: Dec 18, 2018 05:52PM - edited Dec 18, 2018 08:06PM by thejanedoe

thejanedoe wrote:

I see articles of people saying they beat cancer through wild methods which had doctors dropping their jaws but I'm not entirely sure everything I read out there is credible so I take it with a grain of salt. I'd like to ask this community because browsing through many posts, it feels a bit more home-y and I share the experience after having gone through breast cancer 2 years. However, I'd love to know and hear any stories of people diagnosed with cancer, decided to avoid surgery/chemo and go down a holistic route that cured/removed their tumor. This is not to provide false hope to people like myself but if its happened, I'd like to know what they did and that it may be possible.

Edit: I realize this may not gain feedback from many but what about those who had recurrence of cancer and decided to go full holistic? How are you now and have you found a method that works for you?

Page 3 of 3 (70 results)

Posts 61 - 70 (70 total)

Dec 31, 2018 12:02PM pipers_dream wrote:

meow, no I haven’t...it failed to show up the first time on mammo, U/S, or even a thermogram. I did have the biopsy so I know I have it and the tumor is close enough to the surface to feel. And I can’t explain it but it’s like I just don’t care. I don’t mean that I’m depressed or suicidal... it’s not that at all...it’s just that I am busy sucking the marrow out of life and having fun with whatever time I have left and I’m actually on an extended road trip right now and living out of my van. I’d like to live out my lifespan but that may not be possible. I prefer to believe that it is and I know for a fact that belief in your body’s ability to heal is hugely important.

MDRR, your doc sounds lovely and more docs should think this way. Science is great but it’s not a god, no matter what the industry thinks. I’m not one to rail against “big pharma” but I do know that medical schools are funded by industry dollars so that’s what is going to be taught.

Breast cancer should not be something to fear but rather a call to go deeper in this journey called life. Dx 11/14/2013, ILC, 5cm, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 8, 2019 05:10PM kec1972 wrote:

Hi there, I haven’t been, though I just picked up the book “Radical Remission” by Dr Kelly Turner and am fascinated by it...check it out

Dx 12/17/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC)

Jan 8, 2019 06:38PM BrinkOfEternity wrote:

Just wanted to share 2 “remission” stories I know of. A friend’s grandmother was diagnosed with BC years ago and after treatments failed her, she mysteriously got better for some months. No alternative medicine was pursued but she just got better on her own. Unfortunately it did come back and she eventually passed.

My mother was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and after chemo failed her and the cancer spread, she also had a mysterious reprieve for several months. I encouraged her to get a PET scan during that time and it revealed her numerous small tumors had disappeared - but one very active larger one appeared in the middle. It grew and later she passed as well.

Having read about how cancer cells can become dormant I do think there’s a lot we don’t know about cancer. Sometimes people feel better because of something they try but it may or may not have to do with anything they did. My mom swore by this herbal soup she drank and was convinced that’s what made her feel better, but at the end it didn’t help. My theory is that new tumor ate up all the resources from the smaller ones and made her better for some time.

Sorry I don’t have a full cure story..

Weakly ER+ so practically TNBC, getting neoadjuvant chemo (Abraxane) with immunotherapy (Keytruda), then surgery, then more chemo (AC) Dx 7/26/2018, DCIS/IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 9/3/2018 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Surgery 12/27/2018 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement

Jan 9, 2019 07:52PM Tomichi1 wrote:

Hello! I’m glad to see your post. I was diagnosed with DCIS Stage0/Grade3. Had a lumpectomy (3 month ago) but am not sure how I want to proceed. My husband is holistic. I’m being told Radiation + drugs. I’ve said no to the drugs and was told that that’s ok. Since I was away with work, and it’s been 3 months after my lumpectomy, I’m wondering about just moving forward and getting screened every 6 mos. Would they catch a recurrence early? I’m meeting the Radiologist tomorrow to get info on that. The side effects are scary. I’m also meeting with a surgeon about mastectomy. So overwhelming. I’d love to hear from anyone else who maybe opted out of the medical options.

Jan 10, 2019 05:13AM jo6359 wrote:

tomich- why is a mastectomy recommended?

Dx 1/29/2018, DCIS, Right, Stage 0 Dx 1/29/2018, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/18 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Targeted Therapy 2/16/2018 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 2/16/2018 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 2/16/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Jan 11, 2019 12:39AM WC3 wrote:

BrinkOfEternity:

I think that's a pretty good theory.

Dx 2018, IDC, Left, 3cm, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Chemotherapy 6/1/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 11/15/2018 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Jan 11, 2019 08:21AM JoE777 wrote:

What some may feel is a cure may simply be a dormant cancer cell that could wake up 10-15-20 years later. That being said, I tried to live my life well, cancer free, until it woke up. I wish good health to allwho are moving beyond cancerHeart

Dx 2/2012, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, metastasized to bone, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/3/2012 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Dx 2/2018, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy Kisqali Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Chemotherapy Other Radiation Therapy External: Bone Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Jan 11, 2019 02:30PM jo6359 wrote:

JoE- I will gladly take that dormant cancer cell and not have to worry for another 10 15 20 years. I agree with you. There are no guarantees in life. All any of us can do is try to live our life to the fullest.

Dx 1/29/2018, DCIS, Right, Stage 0 Dx 1/29/2018, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/18 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Targeted Therapy 2/16/2018 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 2/16/2018 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 2/16/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Jan 11, 2019 04:07PM JoE777 wrote:

Totally feel the same way. Mine lasted 6 good years

Dx 2/2012, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, metastasized to bone, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/3/2012 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Dx 2/2018, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy Kisqali Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Chemotherapy Other Radiation Therapy External: Bone Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Jan 11, 2019 06:08PM - edited Jan 11, 2019 06:10PM by Meow13

I guess I don't worry much about dormant cells waking up after 10 years. The risk of recurrence may be elevated a little more than someone without a history of personal cancer.

But recurrence is something that can really rock you to the core, the biopsy I had 2 years ago scared me to death. It was ok, no cancer and now I relax a bit more.

Page 3 of 3 (70 results)