Join Us

We are 221,199 members in 83 forums discussing 161,896 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Chinese Medicine

Forum: Complementary and Holistic Medicine and Treatment — Complementary medicine refers to treatments that are used WITH standard treatment. Holistic medicine is a term used to describe therapies that attempt to treat the patient as a whole person.

Posted on: Dec 17, 2019 09:01AM

AnnC2019 wrote:

I was wondering if anyone has researched Chinese medicine for cancer? I think they use a lot teas etc. Someone just posted something about baicelein.

Dx 6/19/2019, ILC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 8/15/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 8/28/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Radiation Therapy 11/4/2019 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Surgery 7/22/2020 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Surgery 12/23/2020 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Jan 15, 2020 08:48PM imorris wrote:

I am researching Chinese cancer treatment extensively and meeting with a Master Qigong healer this Sunday. Would be happy to discuss with you.

Jan 15, 2020 08:50PM LoveFromPhilly wrote:

I’m a practitioner of Chinese medicine. Feel free to reach out

MBC de novo...mets to innumnerable bones...possible mets in liver but not showing metabolic uptake on petscan...Ibrance/Letrozole for 3.5 years; tamoxifen for 6 months; now on faslodex...this is a wild ride! Dx 3/25/2017, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Hormonal Therapy 4/4/2017 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

Mar 14, 2021 02:26PM redjewel wrote:

Hi!

I have just discovered a TCM practioner and Qi Gong Master online, and he maybe the one that you consulted with.

In New York?

I have read his books and want to learn Qi Gong.

I have a strong belief that the body can heal itself.

Thanks for your reply and any information you might share.

K

Apr 8, 2021 02:59PM Husband11 wrote:

Here is an interesting article supporting the benefits of TCM

Astragalus often comes up when researching this subject.

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2016/9469276...

Concerned husband Dx 2008, Left, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 7/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 5/2016, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)