Join Us

We are 223,909 members in 83 forums discussing 163,273 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Keto/low carb sisterhood

Forum: Complementary and Holistic Medicine and Treatment — Complementary medicine refers to treatments that are used WITH standard treatment. Holistic medicine is a term used to describe therapies that attempt to treat the patient as a whole person.

Posted on: Apr 21, 2020 08:42PM - edited Sep 22, 2021 10:47AM by sunandsea

sunandsea wrote:

Hey everyone! I'd love to connect with other women who are currently on a keto/low carb diet. Let's support one another with accountability, recipe exchange, research findings, tips/tricks, struggles, and mutual support.

Please introduce yourself, when and why you went keto, and share your fave keto treat.

Keto sisters

1redgirl

ChiSandy

Esther01

flashlight

JHannahC

Jinx27

Julweed

Kittymama1962

LaVue

Lolis (Loli)

Nola70115

NorCalS

pipers_dream

salamandra

santabarbarian

sunandsea (Vilija)

vioolssa

wallycat

wavesofharmony

Dx at 40. Mama to teen boys. Dx 1/31/2020, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 3/10/2020 Lumpectomy: Left Chemotherapy 4/29/2020 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 8/2/2020 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 9/2/2020 Zoladex (goserelin) Hormonal Therapy 9/2/2020 Aromasin (exemestane)

Page 3 of 3 (64 results)

Posts 61 - 64 (64 total)

Sep 5, 2021 01:49PM Esther01 wrote:

Thanks Waves,

You always find the best studies and articles. I am researching which keto recipes will help me regain the most weight. According to the keto urine strips, I am in ketosis. I was really happy about that.

Thanks for the kind thoughts as I go through radiation. I'm four weeks in and don't have any side effects. I don't have any fatigue and my skin is minimally red. I don't think that's just from a keto diet, of course. I was fortunate that my oncotype came back that chemo was not going to be of benefit for me. My dear friends going through radiation right now with me are all coming out of chemo and having a harder time of this. It breaks my heart. Radiation is hard enough!

I need to incorporate more muscle-building into my day as you recommended. I struggled to LOSE weight all my life and now I'm swinging in the wind on the other side of the pendulum.

Love

Esther

Grateful to Jesus, that His love finally broke through to me. "With one touch, You just rolled away the stone that held my heart," - Lyrics by Keith Green, " 7 weeks of Radiation including supraclavicular nodes. Dx 12/2020, IDC, Stage IIB, 5/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 12/20/2020 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 6/9/2021 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Reconstruction (left) Radiation Therapy 8/4/2021 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Sep 7, 2021 06:22AM wavesofharmony wrote:

https://www.ketooncologist.com/fasting-for-cancer/?fbclid=IwAR3rnbdY9MDjsq1zwwMafgdfemI2K5Qy6Dii8Ac7HJ2vid6P-YWwkwsS1cU

Dx 1/22/2020, ILC, Right, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 2/0 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 6/24/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

Sep 10, 2021 10:24AM Esther01 wrote:

I love this thread. I was looking above at the Macro ratios; I believe my diet has recently been the Modified 3:1 Keto diet. I eat as much organic produce as possible (ouch on the price tags, though!). For protein I choose only clean, grass fed/cage-free/antibiotic-free proteins to assist my body to recover from radiation. I am five weeks in with radiation and have no fatigue, for which I am astonished and grateful.

There is a wonderful app called MyPlate which allows you to reset your Macros to assist with staying on your keto diet of choice. I have modified all three macro categories to fit my goals. I love that you can just scan the bar code on a food item and portion size, click on "I ate that" and it automatically loads all of the nutrient counts into your daily planner. I find that on the days that I use the app, I achieve my calories and macro goals, but when I do not, I fall short of my required caloric intake for the day (I am 25 pounds underweight and trying to gain muscle back). You can also add your daily water intake and exercise.

Blessings,

Esther

Grateful to Jesus, that His love finally broke through to me. "With one touch, You just rolled away the stone that held my heart," - Lyrics by Keith Green, " 7 weeks of Radiation including supraclavicular nodes. Dx 12/2020, IDC, Stage IIB, 5/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 12/20/2020 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 6/9/2021 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Reconstruction (left) Radiation Therapy 8/4/2021 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Sep 22, 2021 10:56AM sunandsea wrote:

Just wanted to pop in and welcome all of the new sisters! I've added you to the pinned post ;) Thank you so much for taking the time to pop in and share your stories, ask questions, and exchange valuable keto/low carb knowledge you've learned along the way.

Dx at 40. Mama to teen boys. Dx 1/31/2020, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 3/10/2020 Lumpectomy: Left Chemotherapy 4/29/2020 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 8/2/2020 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 9/2/2020 Zoladex (goserelin) Hormonal Therapy 9/2/2020 Aromasin (exemestane)

Page 3 of 3 (64 results)