Join Us

We are 223,107 members in 83 forums discussing 162,829 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: How Many Stage 4 Girls are getting SS disability..

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY —

Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer only. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage 4 or Mets.

Posted on: Sep 19, 2006 03:22AM

Shepgirl wrote:

Seems like a lot of stage 4 US citizens are getting Social Security Disability Insurance payments. So lets see how many there are! If you were denied, please comment if it was for medical issues. My understanding is denials are more "not paid in enough" issues than medical.

PLEASE TAKE POLL ONCE ONLY!
Dx 12/23/2004, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 2/22 nodes, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Page 40 of 40 (1,176 results)

Posts 1171 - 1176 (1,176 total)

Dec 24, 2020 07:10AM Frap wrote:

Thank you Chicagoan, I couldn't have described the life sucking stress better and believe me I've expressed all the following SE effects: HFs, cramping, diareaha, joint pain, mouth sores, sleep disruption, fatigue, weight gain as many of you are suffering through as well..

Thank you Momchichi for your first hand on the job advice at SSA. Unfortunately I haven't quit working for fear of my app being rejected, I just keep plugging along at work. Fortunately I'm working at home and have 2 great guys working for me to cover during all the medical appts/scans etc. 2 more years to go b4 retirement though if I can bump it up to disability all the better.

Anyways, thanks ladies for your input and many blessing to you and all cancer survivors.

Dx 7/5/2019, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy Verzenio

Jan 24, 2021 05:54AM NineTwelve wrote:

Last week my second disability application was approved and I received my first payment, post-dated back to when I stopped working in March of 2020. I should not have been denied, but I think, looking back, my assumption that MBC is automatically approved every time was part of what led my claim to be denied. There was an earlier post advising applicants to get their own medical records and supply them. I didn't do that. I also minimized my symptoms and underreported pain and concentration issues, both with my oncologist's office and during the SSDI interview. (We always have to be such brave little soldiers.)

Getting denied was really stressful and so demoralizing that I went to one of those legal services which help people get their claim approved. They did collect a fee, but I think it was worth it for the peace of mind that this support gave me.

12/15/20 - Progression to liver. Tx changed to Xeloda. Dx 9/12/2014, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 9/15/2014 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone), Zoladex (goserelin) Hormonal Therapy 9/30/2014 Dx 7/2016, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs Hormonal Therapy 8/15/2016 Faslodex (fulvestrant), Zoladex (goserelin) Targeted Therapy 8/15/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Jan 24, 2021 06:00AM candy-678 wrote:

NineTwelve- Thank goodness !!!! I always hated to hear you were initially denied. Government can be so frustrating. Why do they have to make it so hard for some. I had no trouble at all. And I hate to hear of other MBC sisters that have to fight for their right to get what they truly deserve. Congrats !!!!!

Found mets on CT for unrelated issue. I only had 2 treatments with IV chemo for the Stage II, then found Stage 4 and switched to hormone therapy/targeted therapy. I consider myself de novo. Xgeva use for bone mets. Liver bx Apr 2021 shows ER- now. Dx 6/2017, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/2017, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/2021, ER-/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole), Zoladex (goserelin) Chemotherapy AC Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left

Jan 24, 2021 07:55AM KBL wrote:

NineTwelve, I thought about you all last week. I was going to come here and ask. You must have read my mind. I’m so very glad you were approved. What good news. Thank you for coming back and letting us know.

De Novo ILC - No primary found. Mets to full spine, femurs, skull, and stomach. Dx 5/1/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 6/24/2019 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 6/24/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Jan 24, 2021 09:47AM NineTwelve wrote:

Thank you, candy and KBL. I let myself exhale after I got the news! Retirement feels official now, even if premature. I'm relaxing for the first time in months, enjoying the change of administration, and to celebrate, I'm watching a musical every day for 30 days. (Currently on day 4. Suggestions welcome.)

12/15/20 - Progression to liver. Tx changed to Xeloda. Dx 9/12/2014, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 9/15/2014 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone), Zoladex (goserelin) Hormonal Therapy 9/30/2014 Dx 7/2016, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs Hormonal Therapy 8/15/2016 Faslodex (fulvestrant), Zoladex (goserelin) Targeted Therapy 8/15/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Jan 24, 2021 10:21AM cowgal wrote:

NineTwelve - I suggest Cat Ballou and Grease.

Page 40 of 40 (1,176 results)