We are 196,647 members in 81 forums discussing 144,825 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Stage IV and Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY → Topic: Roll Call

Topic: Roll Call

Forum: Stage IV and Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY —

A place for those managing the ups & downs of a Stage IV/metastatic breast cancer diagnosis. Please respect that this forum is for Stage IV members only. There is a separate forum For Family and Caregivers of People with a STAGE IV Diagnosis.

Posted on: Jun 2, 2007 04:56PM

jacqniel wrote:

JerseyGemini (Teresa) posted with a great idea - to mirror what bcmets.org does.

Quote: "They have alot of members and are currently doing a "roll call" where they all post with their stories and stats. If you go to the site and click the June posts there are alot of them...with a couple in the May link.
Maybe we should do something similar here every once and while."

So, with that in mind - here goes!

Jacque - Omaha, NE
dx 2003 Large tumor (9 cm) right breast - invasive ductal - 2 nodes - mastectomy, 4 rounds dose dense chemo, rads.
Mets dx Dec. 06 - malignant pleural effusion right lung, bone and nodes. Three treatments Faslodex/Aredia. Malignant cells found in pleural effusion around heart. Began chemo March '07 - Abraxane/Avastin/Aredia. Scans this month.

Now it is your turn! Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 3 (61 results)

Posts 1 - 30 (61 total)

Jun 2, 2007 05:44PM ForTheMoment wrote:

Taking my turn...

Dx May 2005 tiny 1.1 cm tumor, node negative, clear margins..stage 1. 4 rounds chemo...stopped had baby... 4 more rounds chemo.. 30 rads.
Dx February 2007 mets to liver and subclav lymph nodes...
5 cycles of Xeloda so far, Avastin every three weeks and Lupron shot.

Had scans, STILL waiting for complete results.

Jun 2, 2007 06:40PM amylou wrote:

Amy Age 37
Northern Virgina
Dx in Jan 07 with 4 right breast IDC tumors, ER/PR+, HER 2+, bone mets to L upper arm, bilat.hips, and spine. Am coming to the end of my 1st round of chemo, Taxol and Herceptin weekly. Am beginning to debate getting Mastectomy next.

Have 4 kids and had just finished nursing our 4th 2 mos. prior to dx.

Jun 2, 2007 07:18PM b445 wrote:

Dx Oct 2005 right brest near chest wall IDC Triple Neg
Stage 1c Grade 3c
Lumpectomy Nov 2005 1.3cm clear margins two neg nodes
Dec 22 2005 had port put in
Dec 19 2005 - May 8 2006 22 weekly CMF treatments
May 2006 Double Pneumonia and multiple Pulmonary Emboli
Nodule in lung found
put on 6 months daily Lovenox shots
end of June 2006 - mid Aug 2006 Rads
Nov 2006 DNC to remove polyps & told was NED
Dec 2006 Pulmonary Emboli put back on Daily Lovenox shots and started coumidin.
Dec 22 2006 got port removed
Apr 2007 sent to ER with possible gallbladder problem and told US found spots on liver.
April 26 Did Abdominal CT that prompted Liver biopsy on May 2.
May 3 did Bone scan which was clear other than think forehead! (Always knew I was thick headed, guess they had to prove it)
May 7 told biopsy was lost would need to be redone May 11th
May 15 2007 told the tumors on my liver were the same cancer I had in the breast! The large tumor is over 3"
May 25 2007 had power port placed and started weekly Abraxane chemo.
Will start Avastin every other week on June 21

Mom of 4, (29, 25, 25 & 21) grandmother of 5, (7, 3, 17 mo, 7 mo & 1 week)
I was DX just before I turned 45.
It's been an eventful 1.5 years
Smile you will surely make someone day! Dx 4/24/2007, 6cm+, Stage IV, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Jun 2, 2007 11:19PM KariLynn wrote:

Hi

Kari, 38, married mom of three aged 10, 5 and 4.

6/05 Lump found at annual physical. Had lumpectomy and SNB 14/25+ nodes. Did staging scans and bone scan was positive. Started Arimidex/Zolodex/Zometa

1/06 Oopherectomy

7/06 Some progression, switched to Femara

10/06 Switched by other dr to Aromasin (have a local and an MD Anderson onc I was trading off seeing every 3 months. All scans and big decisions are now left for MDA)

12/06 Having headaches. Had MRI found my skull mets were growing and putting pressure on the brain. Started whole brain radiation to solve.

2/07 More progression in bone. Time to start chemo. Could not get approved for Avastin so doing Taxol, 2 weeks on/1 off.

5/07 Follow up MRI showed lesions in brain. Went to KU for repeat MRI, was told it doesn't look like mets but MS. Happiest person in history to be told she may have MS!

I go Tuesday to a neurologist to see about the MS and to Houston at the end of the month for my 3 month scans.
If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying? Dx 6/2/2005, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, 14/25 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 3, 2007 12:04AM Jillt wrote:

I found a lump on Dec 2004 and was diagnosed with stage 2 (triple negative, no nodes positive) at age 39. I had a lumpectomy, dose dense ac, taxol and rads completed 11/05.
12/05 mammogram clear, 3/06 clinical breast exam good.

I found a new tumor opposite breast 6/06, I did two cyles of xeloda and Taxotere and the tumor was growing. I had a mastectomy (triple negative , no nodes positive, PET scan clean in 6/06 and 8/06 ) I did 6 months of Navelbine and Gemzar (ended 1/07). I found out I was BRCA1+.

I had a routine scan 2/07 and 9 lung mets were found. Tumor markers elevated. a biopsy showed that it was triple negative. I did two cycles of CMF - mets growing. I did 2 cycles of carboplatin - mets growing.

I'm looking at trials and trying to figure out what to try next.

I am a single parent with one daughter who just turned 18.
Jill Dx 2/16/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Jun 3, 2007 06:46AM Janice54 wrote:

I have fibercystic breast therefore go for mammo every six months because they are always watching something. Never found the 4cm mass to right breast until breast started dimpling in May. Broke left shoulder bone in July and dx with cancer in Sept with mets to the one shoulder bone. Started on tamoxifen with no side effects. Scanned three months ago and cancer is in reverse. Next scan in July. It is now July and my scan shows NED. Thanks to tamoxifen and changing my diet!!!!

Dx 10/6/2006, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, mets, ER+, HER2-

Jun 3, 2007 07:11AM RLA13 wrote:

Good idea!

Original dx's Sept '02, 2.7 cm tumor, no nodes, FEC chemo, mastectomy, no radiation required.

Found tiny lump on mastectomy scar, doc told me I shouldn't worry it was scar tissue....so I LISTENED!!!

It kept growing, but by then I put my head in the sand...until I couldn't....biopsy showed it to be cancer again. her2+, er, pr-
Also, found a SC node involved. Had surgery to remove lump, then 5 weeks of rads to the areas. Scans then revealed a few spots to the lungs. Had port put in. (unknown to me it became infected upon insertion), had chemo 7 days later, then developed septic shock due to infection (10weeks in hospital).....phew!!! This was last year.......still have not re-started chemo. Took we almost the year long to recover. Did herceptin and a drug study for targeted her2. I am "somewhat stable", feeling good and hoping to continue with good QOL!!! So, for me it's almost been 5 years since original. A little over a year since the mets. I am 38 years old, single (just) and 2 young children.......I have no time for cancer!!!!!

xx

Jun 3, 2007 07:43AM MicheleH wrote:

Just turned 31, married 6 months, no kids.

I was diagnosed 4/1/07 IDC Triple Neg. After 2 Surgeries, 2 biopsies and every scan possible I am at Stage IV to bone (sacrum & humerus) and 3 spots on liver ( largest at 1.4cm)

Started Abraxane/Zometa/Avastin...I had no symptoms until I started these drugs and had surgery.

Jun 3, 2007 07:57AM jonimb wrote:

Joni, Age 52, DX Sept 25, 2006, IDC 4.8 cm tumour, 1 out of 15 nodes, ER+PR+, HER2-negative. CT scan showed something on my liver. MRM right breast.

Did 6 rounds of FEC. Liver had 3 spots. 1 is a hemangioma, 1 cyst, 1 cancer....FEC shrunk it from 1.5 cm to 3mm. Currently doing rads, and taking Tamoxifen.

Live just outside of Calgary, Alberta Canada in a little town called Chestermere. Married to a wonderful guy named Dan, have a yellow labrador named Thor, and a cat named RC (rotten cat).

Looking forward to many many many more years.
Joni, Chestermere, AB, Canada, Today is the BEST day of my life EVER!! Dx 9/25/2006, IDC, 4cm, Grade 3, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 3, 2007 08:30AM AO44 wrote:

My turn...

Annie, age 56.

1991-dx breast cancer, ER+, no nodes, mastectomy, chemo and tamoxifen.

2003-dx mets to bones, Arimidex, Aromasin, Faslodex. Currently on Doxil chemotherapy.

Hubby and I took an early retirement and built a house on the Jersey shore. Enjoying life!!

Jun 3, 2007 08:44AM LuAnnH wrote:

LuAnn, age 44

12/98 discovered 3 lumps in left breast all cancer. IDC, Stage II, ER/PR+, HER2+++, no nodes positive.
Left masectomy, 4 A/C, 4 Taxotere & 6 weeks of rads

Life was good until 7/06 discovered bone mets to sternum & ribs, still ER/PR+ & HER2+++

8/06 Arimidex & Zometa
2/07 Switched to Aromasin & Zometa due to Arimidex setting off RA & Lupus
5/07 progression in bone & lymph nodes chg to Faslodex, Zometa & Herceptin. Too soon to know if it is working.
LuAnn -- Dx 7/2/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jun 3, 2007 01:08PM WendyV wrote:

Wendy, Age 38, wife, working mom of 3 kids ages 14,11 and 3.

September 06 went to gyn to check odd spot in my left breast that I had been "watching" for a few months - breast was also starting to look larger than right, although no one but me thought so, didn't feel hard like I thought a lump would feel. Dr. said, with my family history and age, chances are it's not cancer, probably just a cyst! ( I was really liking the cyst theory!)

October 06 had mammogram and ultrasound, mass approximately 2-3 cm large with numerous calcifications. Ultrasound of axillary area showed numerous enlarged and atypical lymph nodes - yep - not looking good!

October 09 - biopsy and report IDC ER/PR+ Her2+++, vascular and lymphatic involvement - looking even worse!!! (by now it has been almost a month since my visit to the gyn and now my breast is noticeably larger to everyone else and the skin appears red)

Few days later - general surgeon orders PET scan to see how many lymph nodes lit up - well I lite up like a Christmas tree. Numerous lesions on upper and lower lobe of liver, lesions on spine, and a spot behind my eye! - Yep can't get much worse.

Frantically searched for medical oncologist! Found one - by the time I visit him he estimates the breast tumor to be almost 5-6 cm! End of October started treatments with Taxol and Herceptin. After 4 cycles Bone mets to spine appeared to be resolved. 27 lesions on liver was reduced to 5 and the remaining 5 were all at least 30% smaller, darn spot behind eye still keeps lighting up and no one has a clue as to what it is - so we are pretending it's nothing! After 6 months of treatment there was no change - stable.

April 07 - Mastectomy and Oophorectomy. Pathology from the mastectomy shows clear margins and the invasive breast tumor measured at .5cm! (Yippee!) 2 nodes removed - many appeared to have been obliterated by the chemo - of the 2 nodes one has a tumor .3cm and the other is negative. Treatments continuing with Herceptin every 3 weeks and Arimidex daily.

June 07 - time for scans on the 7th - first ones since chemo ended in April! Will get results on the 14th!

That's it (for now)!
Wendy
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.( bone,liver,brain,lung mets) Dx 10/9/2006, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jun 3, 2007 02:08PM katie11 wrote:

My name is Katie and I am 41 years old. I am happily married to DH for 16 years now and we have 2 beautiful daughters, ages 11 and 8. I work full time and love my job.

July 06: went for mammogram as I had just turned 40 and thought it was about time I montitored my health more carefully. I hadn't felt any lump but had noticed that my left breast seemed somehow 'thicker' than normal. Mammo and ultrasound found 2cm mass that was cancerous.

July 06: biopsy confirmed this and I was diagnosed with ILC to left breast, ER and PR+, HER2-. A subsequent CT scan showed one lesion in the liver and numerous bone lesions, so I now knew I was stage 4 right from the start.

July-November 06: completed 4 rounds of the 'red devil' but follow up CT scan showed some progression.

December-April 07: completed 7 rounds of taxotere and xeloda. CT scans showed some bone mets resolved, all others stable and the liver lesion was shrinking.

May 07: radical mastectomy to remove primary tumour.

I have follow appointments this week, but will probably now go back on the chemo regime as it was working so well.

My QOL is great and, if I have learnt anything from this whole wretched business, it is to enjoy life to its absolute full for as long as possible. I love good food, good wine (in moderation now, of course), reading and travelling to beautiful places.
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst! Dx 7/15/2006, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 3, 2007 03:13PM jjb1984 wrote:

My name is Julie, I'm 45 years old. I've been married to my DH for almost 20 years; I have a 13 yr old son whom I adore and luckily the feeling is still mutual!

Feb 06: mammo and ultrasound when skin started to dimple. I've had a cyst drained in that same spot 2x a year for at least 3 years. Radiologist called it a hemotoma; my surgeon said, "I don't like it" and scheduled me for a biopsy.

March 06: surgical biopsy, 7 cm tumor on left side. Obviously radiologist was crazy. PET, CT, bone scan: 3 spots on liver, largest 1.5 cm. Started AC/Cytoxan, every 2 weeks.

June 06: started Taxotere, 2 rounds, then had allergic reaction to lungs. Hospitalized for 4 days with chemical pneumonia; steroids fixed lungs. Switched to Gemzar/Navelbine.

July 06: Finished chemo, scans showed only one liver mast, down to .9 cm.

Aug 06: Started Tamoxifen and weekly Herceptin.

Sept 06: PET and CT, both clear. NED!

Oct 06: double mast with reconstruction

Dec 06: CT scan, still clear.

March 06: Muga scan down to 52%, stopped Herceptin.

April 07: exchange surgery for permanent implants

June 06: Muga and CT; will get results tomorrow, June 4th. Trying not to freak out, hoping for cotinued NED.

QOL is great; I'm still working and trying to balance early menopause with the adolescent in the house!

Julie
Dx 3/3/2006, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IV, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jun 3, 2007 08:45PM boobbuster wrote:

Divorced Mother of twins boys; age 13

December 2004: Had breast reduction and upon checking out was told I had breast cancer. It was DCIS but the Plastic Surgeon cut it not knowing that it was there. It was 8mm no nodes involved and clear margins. Grade 3, Stage 1

January 2005: Had bi-lateral mastectomy with tram-flap.

Feb 2005: Was told by an oncologist that I didn't need chemo and to "Go live your life".

October 2005: 10 months later I requested a CT scan and was dx as stage IV. Bone scan clear. Started Carboplatin and Taxol for 4 months. Dose Dense. REMISSION!!!

November 2006:12 months later by brother was killed by a drunk driver and I was dx with progession to both lungs. Resigned my job and applied for Permanent Disability. Dropped out of grad school with only 6 months to complete my MBA. Started Taxotere (small doses 4 weeks on/2 weeks off).

Last scan showed disease as STABLE. Brain scans clear.

Note:Had scans today and will get results Wednesday. I've been having pain in my right lower side. I pray it's not liver mets. My heart ejection from the left side has decreased and I'm fatiqued; all side effects of chemotherapy. They have to use an ultra sound now to start IV's in my arm for CT scans. Otherwise, life is good and I'm blessed to be here. God is able, Stephanie

Jun 4, 2007 08:23AM Lisa40 wrote:

Mom of three 11, 9, and 4.

First diagnosed 38 two months after being given an all clear mammogram.

Tumor was 8 cm (how do you miss that??) That couldn't be felt. It was in 6 lymph nodes. Grade 3, triple negative.

Did neoadjuvant chemo. 6 TAC then surgery. Tumor had shrunk to 1 cm but nodes were still highly cancerous. Double mastectomy with tram flap reconstruction, 28 rounds of radiation, followed by 6 months of Xeloda.

In July routine PET showed 2 hot spots. One in superclavical and other in left hilim. CT guided biopsy showed suspicious yet in conclusive.... Went to MD Anderson to have biopsy and see if any new trials were going on... Was told by doctor (even before the door closed) I was stage 4...no bed side manner!

Changed doctors so I could get on Avastin & Taxol and began treatment in October. December scan showed no evidence of disease.... follow up scan in March showed suspicious lung scan (ended up being an infection) yet before I could do more treatment had what we thought was a TIA...ended up being a seizure as brain MRI showed 20+ lesions...

3 weeks of total brain radiation then two weeks later began Cisplatin and gemzar. I have follow up brain scan on Friday and hoping for good news!

Move on Saturday back home and see new doctor that I love on Monday. The journey continues.

Jun 4, 2007 09:56AM lv2cmp wrote:

My turn

Amy 39 years old

August 2004 biopsy and was told it was cancer.
September 04-lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy-clean margins not gotten and started chemo. sentinel node had tiny cancer cells.
October 04-dose dense chemo 8 rounds Epirubicin, cytoxin and taxotere.
Jan 05-bi lateral mastectomy and cancer was gone and nodes were clean.
July 06-pain in hip area and assured it was muscular and not bone cancer.
September 06-insisted on MRI cause pain not going away. MRI showed bone cancer and soft tissue. Pelvic bone was broken so that explained all the pain. Had biopsy and confirmed BC had spread to bone, 1 spot on lunch and 1 spot on liver.
Sept 06-went to MD Anderson and Sloan Kettering for consultations.
October 06-started xeloda, zometa and herceptin.
June 07-clean scans!!! Come off of xeleoda for 9 weeks until we scan again. Continue zometa and herceptin every 3 weeks.

Amy
'Life isn't about how to survive the storm, But how to dance in the rain.' Dx 2004, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 1/11 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jun 4, 2007 12:13PM MomInMarin wrote:

Becky - mom of 2 (7 3/4 yr old daughter & 6 yr old son)
Age: still 49 - but not for long (I waited a long time for the right man to have kids with!)

Orig. DX DCIS +1 node 2/02. TX: 4 rounds A/C, + 4 rounds Taxotere. Tamoxifen 10/2 - 10/04. DX: Mets to spine 10/04. TX: Femara 10/04 - 10/05. DX: Bone mets progression in spine & now hips. TX: Xeloda 10/5 - 7/06. DX: mets in abdomen 7/06. TX: Taxol/Avastin every 2 weeks for 6 rounds (thru 12/21/06). DX mets too numerous to count in liver & spleen on 2/14/07. TX: Navelbine weekly for 3 weeks, w/1 wk break. Completed 7 rounds. CA-125 rose from 139 to 199. CT showed progression in tumors in liver & spleen. Switched to Abraxane. 1 round completed. CA-125 is now 258. Started Gemzar (5/15/07). 1st dose took platelet down to 45,000. 1 1/2 weeks later had 2nd dose once platelets had recovered.

Hopeful for some response to Gemzar. Planning a vacation in Hawaii in August. Living for a cure.

Hugs and love to all of you, my sister friends!
Becky

Jun 4, 2007 02:25PM zarowny9 wrote:

Hi all, Iam 32 married for 10 together since junior high we have 2 children 11 and 15
I was dx in Jan 05 at the age of 29 with stage 2 grade 3 triple neg idc 4 nodes pos,had lumpectomy,6 TAC chemo,rads.In Dec 05 was told Iam braca 1 pos so I had double mast in april of 06 and a complete hysterectomy in Oct 06.In Jan of 07 was dx with a recurrance to my supraclavicular nodes.Entered a clinical trial with taxotere/avastin or placebo in place of avastin.Had scans in April and nodes had shrunk,went back in may and onc felt new nodes so off for us and biopsy,came back pos and a switch in chemo.Started xeloda last friday June 1 and will have avastin added to this.Never thought this would be a stage 4 dx but I guess I was wrong.Will have scans in June....
Dawn
dx in 05 at age 29 with stage 2 grade 3 triple neg braca 1 pos bc...mets in Jan 07 to supraclavicular nodes

Jun 4, 2007 04:09PM CalGal wrote:

Hello All -

Here's my saga ...

8/2004 - 2.2 cm tumor & DCIS on other side.
9/2004 - Bi-lat lump's & SNB (all clear). Triple Negative.
11/2004-12/2005 - 38x radiation. Due to being .2 over 2 cms, chemo was encouraged ... but I passed since I had clear nodes, didn't realize that triple neg's really respond to chemo and being a (later) newlywed wanting kids ...

10/2005 - Clear mamm (later found they missed the lump)
11/2005 - Miscarriage (1st pregnancy)
12/2005 - Dx'd with recurr bc, mets to liver and unrelated kidney cancer.

2006 - BRCA1.
2006 - 6 dose dense AC, radio-frequency ablation (RFA) of reduced in size liver mets and then 5 Taxotere & Carboplatin.

3/2007 - RFA of kidney cancer

I've been NED for bc since 6/30/06 and NED for kidney cancer since 3/2007!

Still nervous on quarterly PET/CT Scans, but hopeful!

I want to grow old with my husband!

CalGal
Trip Neg, BRCA1, Mets dx 12/05 despite 2 cm tumor & clear nodes at orig dx 9/04.. Liver, lung & one bone met.

Jun 4, 2007 07:59PM SherriP wrote:

I am 37 years old, married with one 4 year old son.

I was diagnosed Dec/06 with IDC, partial mastectomy. Jan/07 mastectomy, as well as routine staging tests. Bone scan came bank indeterminant followed up with MRI. Feb/07 confirmed mets to bone. Had radiation to L5 & T5, as well as started on tamoxifen and monthly aredia infusions.

I am currently working my way back to working full time. I am up to 4 days a week. Thanks to a fundraiser my sister through for me a week ago (the trip was not in my budget this year) I am off to Disneyworld at the end of the month for my dream vacation with my family.

I want to watch my son grow up, and plan to do what I can to make that happen!
Dx 12/22/2006, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IV, 11/11 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 5, 2007 08:58AM JerseyGemini wrote:

Hi --

Whose great idea was this? Oh wait, it was mine...haha. Here are my sordid stats:

I live in Northern New Jersey. just turned 35 years old, have a live-in boyfriend, and no kids. I have one sister that I am extremely close with and an aunt (my mother's sister). We lost our mother 11 years ago to breast cancer at age 51 and our grandmother when I was 16 to breast cancer. I also lost a first cousin at age 26 to rhabdomyosarcoma, a rare cancer...so we are well versed in tragedy. My father, who I have a strained to benign relationship with is the unhealthiest person alive and of course is still kicking. My 'rents split when I was 3.

- 2/14/2003 Diagnosed at age 30 with Stage 1 IDC; tiny 8mm tumor, Grade 1, ER+(99%)/PR-, HER2neu-. All nodes negative with some vascular invasion.
- Had double mastectomy with immediate tram reconstruction and 13 nodes removed. (9.5 hours of surgery)
- Did chemo (at my request) CMFx8
- Did tamoxifen and monthly lupron injections to shut down my ovaries (at my request)

- 4/07 Hurt my ribs cleaning out my mom's old room and led to tests that found single met to my 10th posterior rib. Was always scared it would come back but never really beleived it would because i was "sooooo early" as all the docs said and did everything right/aggressive
- Having oopherectomy on June 22, started Femara and monthly Zometa infusions. I hope this works for a long time and I make 40.

JerseyGemini (real name is teresa...rhymes with Vanessa...after my grandmother)

Jun 5, 2007 09:30AM BrandisMom wrote:

My turn...... (great idea!)

I'm 45 years old. Divorced (hubby left when I was diagnosed...... nice guy, huh?) Two kids, 16 and 14.

March 2003 -- Felt lump in shower. Went for mammo and ultrasound. Malignancy already evident.

April 2003 - lumpectomy, axillary node dissection. 3cm tumor grade 2/3. 4 of 6 nodes positive. ER/PR +, Her2 -

May 2003 - began chemo. 4 rounds of A/C, then 12 weekly rounds of Taxol.

November 2003 - began 35 rads

January 2004 - began Tamoxifen

---- Life was great until more tragedy in 2005 -----

September 2005 - gyne sent me for bone density due to Tamoxifen use. Spot noted on spine. AS27-29 run. Results were 1157! Went for bone scan, CT's of chest, ab/pelvis. Multiple bone mets, diffuse liver mets. (80 cm total tumor mass!)

October 2005 - decided to join Phase I Clinical Trial of Sutent and Taxol.

November 2005 - CA27-29 down to 131! First set of scans that would be done every 2 months as long as I remained on treatment. Tumor growth halted, slight shrinkage.

Dec 2005 - April 2007 Still on Clinical Trial. Still going in for scans every 2 months. Amazing results of tumor shrinkage from 80 cm down to 14 cm!

May 2007 - CA27-29 results have been slowly rising for last few months, though scans remain stable. Started having some headaches. Time for more scans, so I ask doc to add a head. Known mets stable or decreased! Yeah! CT of head shows dura lesion -- inconclusive.

June 2007 - went for brain MRI. Currently waiting for results and scared to death!!

----------------------------------------------

Wow -- all these stories are so amazing! We can beat this!

Hugs, Debbie

Jun 5, 2007 01:32PM mom2acat wrote:

Shari, 43 years old.
Dx with stage 2 BC in May 2003, had a 5cm tumor, 5/19 lymph nodes positive. Had a bilateral mast. without reconstruction, followed by 4 A/C, then 12 weeks Taxotere. Had 6 1/2 weeks radiation in spring of 2004.

Tamoxifen Jan 2004-April 2006
Lupron Feb 2004-Jan 2007
Arimedex April 2006-April 2007

DX with bone mets to left hip, pelvis, lower spine, and 2-3 ribs April 2007.

Finished 15 rads to the hip and pelvis on May 14th.
Current treatment Zometa once per month, and monthly Faslodex injections
Original dx stage II, May 2003; bone mets April 2007 Dx 4/8/2007, 5cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 5/19 nodes, mets, ER+

Jun 5, 2007 04:37PM AusAla wrote:

I am 46 years old with one grown beautiful daughter. My husband divorced me after 2nd recurrence. Guess he had enough. Wish we could divorce ourselves from this disease!! He took the cowardly way out. I relocated back to family. But still trying to adjust to SO many changes.

May 2002 Lumpectomy w/node dis. Grade III w/ 3 pos of 16 nodes. ER slight +, Her2 +++

Chemo: 4 AC and 4 Taxol
Radiation 30 something tx

Dec 2003 Pall lump in exact same location with mets to L3 and skull. Mets also to outside lining of spinal cord.

Herceptin - Currently (since Jan 04)
Zometa - until next recurrence
Femara - until next recurrence

PET scan in June 2006 - Four tumors in same breast

Bi-lat mast July 2006. Not a suitable for reconstruction.

Currently NED on Herceptin and Faslodex
"I don't want to be in a battle, but waiting on the edge of one I can't escape is even worse! Pippin, Lord of the Ring: Return of the King Dx 5/13/2002, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 3/17 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jun 6, 2007 07:14AM Roxanne1 wrote:

I am 55 years old, have two wonderful sons 23 & 24 who are now living with me and takeing care of their mommy. I am divorced, was engaged but the engagement ended with the breast cancer - it was too much for him. (Wish I could have opted out.) He's still around, but in a limited way.
I have a standard poodle who lays by my bed when I can't get up, and is at the door when I'm ready to walk.

My mother died of breast cancer at 42 years old, and I have been vigilant getting mammos and checked.

I was diagnosise June 06-1year ago. Went to see my PCP because my liver enzymes were slightly elevated and going up since Jan 06. She made a plan to repeat them in one month and get an ultrasound, prior to examining me. When she did check me, my liver was filling the entire right side of my abdomen. She still wanted to wait a month for scans. I went home and felt my liver and thought "this can't wait." I scheduled my scans and called her office to fax over the script. After the sono, they wouldn't let me leave until they got clearance for a CAT scan. You can guess the rest.

I was diagnosised with breast cancer June 06 by a liver biopsy for a HUGE liver.
Mammo and breast MRI were negative (neg on 2nd review of films) E & P positive, HER 2 neg. Liver had too many liesions to count. Bone mets in sternum, vertabrae, sacurm, left hip.
TM were 1200. (not a typo)

6/06 Treated with Taxatere & Carboplatin, for 6 doses with Avastin every 2 week and Zometa every 2-3 months.
Liver decreased in size, normal liver enzymes, and stable disease.

November 06 Began Femara and continued on Avastin every 2 weeks,
Zometa every 3 months.

May 07 tumor markers started rising and platlets droping indicating bone marrow involvment. Stoped Femara
and began Doxil every 4 weeks and will restart Avastin with next dose.

I am thankfull for my 6 months without chemo and hair! Considering they didn't think I would make 3 months, I appreciated this year immensely. Planning a dinner party for my friends and family who have been there every step of the way, loved me, and took such excellent care of me.

Looking forward to another year of stable disease and planning a trip to Hawaii with my girlfirends!

Susan

Susan in NJ
Dx 6/6/2006, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 6, 2007 07:59AM sportycath wrote:

This is an interesting exercise and its what everyone has been through. Here is mine: Only taxol worked and rads to spine. Surgery helped I suppose! Zometa is good so far.

2001 .5cm DCIS; Surgery, A/C and rads
2002 Recurrence 2cm tumour same place!Dble mast, Taxotere

2003/2004 - lovely time - just infections; no scans;

2005 mets to lungs, liver and bones
Taxotere,Herceptin,Xeloda,Zometa, Navelbine.

2006 rads to spine;Taxol, Herceptin, Zometa, Caelyx
Neurosurgery to remove 1 tumour + WBRads.

2007 Lapatinib trial. 4 brain tumours - SRS x 2. Progression continues to lungs and liver, bones not too bad! Awaiting next chemo (may retry taxol and do gemcitabine) but running out of options. Feel good today but must admit the SRS was not something I want to do often!!

Jun 6, 2007 08:23AM badboob67 wrote:

This is an interesting thread. Here's mine:

DX age 38 February 2006

IDC

Right MAST Feb 2006, 24 of 27 nodes POSITIVE

ER/PR + HER2 - (one +)

Extensive bone mets to skull, spine, ribs, sacrum, pelvis, femur

Spinal Fracture March 2006, spinal compression--VERTEBRAPLASTY followed by RADS to spine in April 2006

TX ARIMIDEX, ZOLADEX (pre-meno), ZOMETA

brought to STABLE by Sept 2006

LYMPHEDEMA to right arm DX in Jan 2007

Progression to right pelvis DX Feb/Mar 2007

Portacath rupture due to fibrin sheath Mar 2007; removal and replacement Mar 2007

RADS to pelvis Apr/May 2007

Last scans Feb 2007...next scans...??? not sure
When you're down to nothing, GOD is up to something! bb67.wikispaces.com/ Dx 2/15/2006, IDC, 5cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 24/27 nodes, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jun 6, 2007 12:56PM Sumanb wrote:

I hope your treatment works for you. I do not see Chemo anywhere. Did you skip chemo? DId you have oncotype done? I was Dxed with 4 cm IDC in 02/07, with some lymphatic invasion. To my surprize my oncotype score came out to be zero. My onc says no chemo, start Armidex, not sure if I am doing the right thing.

Jun 6, 2007 02:29PM debstitchestoo wrote:

What amazes me the most is how young most of you ladies are and how many of you are raising young children while dealing with this dreadful disease. You are all amazing!

My story:

My name is Debbie and I am 55 years old. I have been married to the same supportive man for 35 years, this December. My three boys, 18, 21 & 24 still live at home while completing their education. I work full time as a software consultant and in fact had just started my dream job the day before I got the mets diagnosos.

Original Diagnosis: 1.5 cm tumour LCIS ER+PR+Dec 2000
Surgery: lumpectomy Jan 2001
Radiation: 5 weeks following healing
Meds: tamoxifen 5 years

Chances of recurrence: 2%

BC Recurrence diagnosis: Feb 2007 Er+(1005) PR+ (95%)
Mets diagnosis: March 2007 lung (1), liver(3) & spine(5)
Treatment: Femara

After 21/2 months of treatment, the breast tumour has shrunk from 4 1/2cm to 2 cm. The lung tumour is no longer impacting my breathing and my liver function tests are normal. Re-scans of lung, liver & spine will be done at the end of this month. Hoping they show things are stable or regressing to support how well I feel. Looking forward to my first project next month in beautiful Georgia! I love to travel!

Debbie

Original diagnosis
Dx 2/28/2007, IDC, 1cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, 0/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 3 (61 results)