Join Us

We are 220,346 members in 84 forums discussing 161,892 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Rest in Peace Roza

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY —

Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer only. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage 4 or Mets.

Metastatic breast cancer (MBC; also called stage IV) is breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body, most commonly the bones, liver, brain, or lungs. Metastatic breast cancer can be treated but not cured. Metastatic disease is NOT hopeless. There are a wide variety of treatment options for metastatic breast cancer, and new medicines are being tested every day. More and more people are living life to the fullest while being treated for metastatic breast cancer.

Note: Please contact your doctor for any specific concerns about symptoms you are experiencing or your course of treatment.

Learn more about living with MBC.

Intro medically reviewed by: Brian Wojciechowski, M.D.
Last review date: November 22, 2020

Posted on: Jun 13, 2007 08:46AM

Roza wrote:

To everyone that knew Roza,

This is her daughter, Nikoleta. I'm very sorry to tell you that my mom passed away this morning at 10:45. I know you all cared for her very much, and I thank you for that. She told me months ago to inform you if it ever happened. I just can't believe it actually happened...
Thank you for talking to her when she was well and giving her hope. Now all we can do is pray for her soul. She was a beautiful person. She cared for everyone very much. Everytime there was bad news on this forum, she would tell me, and we would cry together for whoever it was that passed away, even though we didn't personally know them. I just can't believe that now it's her turn to be cried for....

Take care everyone,
Nikoleta Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 4 (94 results)

Posts 1 - 30 (94 total)

Jun 13, 2007 08:49AM ravdeb wrote:

I am so, so, sorry, Nikoleta. Thank you very much for posting. She was a light here for so many women.

Please accept my condolences. I am so sad to hear this news.
IDC, 2cm, triple negative, grade 3, node neg Dx 9/5/2005, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Jun 13, 2007 08:55AM sam408 wrote:

This is such sad news. May you find peace in the memories of your time with your Mom. She will be missed.

Hugs and Prayers for you and your family,
Sheila
Sheila . . .Never regret something that made you smile. Dx 2/16/2007, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jun 13, 2007 09:23AM nowheregirl wrote:

I am at a complete loss for words.

Just so very sad.
Dx 7/7/2005, IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 2/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 7/8/2005 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 3/10/2006 Surgery 3/22/2006 Lumpectomy: Right Chemotherapy 4/7/2006 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 8/21/2006 Breast, Lymph nodes

Jun 13, 2007 09:49AM RLA13 wrote:

I am so so sorry. She was so full of life and zest on this board, the very short time I've seen her posts.
Peace Roza

Jun 13, 2007 09:50AM Bugs wrote:

I am so very sorry for the loss of your Mom. I loved reading her posts. Even when she felt terrible..she was upbeat and positive.

Bugs
Dx 2/1/2006, IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 3/16 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jun 13, 2007 09:59AM roseg wrote:

Nikoleta - I'm so sorry.

Your mother will be missed here. My prayers are with her and her family.
Rose

Jun 13, 2007 10:19AM dressmaker wrote:

Nikoleta
I am so sorry for your loss. Just remember, she is in a better place and free from pain at last.
I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Hugs

Jun 13, 2007 10:20AM Sige wrote:

Nikoleta...

I too am at a loss for words. It doesn't get any easier when you hear news like this. My heart & hugs go out to you and your family.

Just remember she will always be in your heart.

Hugs
Peggy
"Religion is about creation, and for that reason religion should be about the earth." - Laurie Cabot Surgery 3/25/2006 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Dx 4/3/2006, DCIS, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/22 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 8/1/2006 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/22/2006

Jun 13, 2007 10:22AM gracem wrote:

Nikoleta
I am so so sorry for your loss. Your Mom was an incredibly genuine, compassionate and strong woman. Anyone who read her posts could easily see her strong spirit shining through. She will be greatly missed. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family and your Mom.
Suzanne

Jun 13, 2007 10:35AM katie11 wrote:

Dear Nikoleta,

Thank you so much for coming here to tell us - your mom was very much loved on these boards and I am so very sorry that she has gone - yet another victim to this terrible disease.

I hope you are coping - I am thinking of you,

Katie xx
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst! Dx 7/15/2006, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 13, 2007 10:49AM Sandra1957 wrote:

Nikoleta,

Her strength came through in her posts. May you and yours use that same strength to get you through this difficult time.

lini
I'm always steppin' in and out of crap!

Jun 13, 2007 10:58AM Betsey wrote:

Nikoleta,
My condolences to you and your family. Your mother was a wonderful presence on this board. Her beauty and caring for others was evident in her posts. Prayers and thoughts will be with you during this difficult time.
Joanie

Jun 13, 2007 11:00AM LuAnnH wrote:

Nikoleta,

I am so so sorry for your loss. Your mother was a very special lady and loved you very much. With tears in my eyes I give you and your family my condolences. Please take care and visit us anytime you just want or need to.

LuAnn
LuAnn -- Dx 7/2/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jun 13, 2007 11:09AM wallan wrote:

Nikoleta:

I am so sorry for your loss too. I loved reading your mom's posts. She was inspirational. I cannot believe she is really gone.
This is a sad day.

God bless

Wendy A
Dx 3/29/2004, IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 2/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/31/2004 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 5/31/2004 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 11/30/2004 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Dx 1/25/2017, LCIS/DCIS/ILC/IDC/IDC: Mucinous/IDC: Cribriform, Left, <1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/7/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jun 13, 2007 11:09AM PuppyFive wrote:

Nikoleta,

My Prayers are with you and the family!
How very Sad, like others I have no words!!
Gods Speed, Debbyfive
One of these days "I'm gonna Love me" t.m.

Jun 13, 2007 11:43AM CalGal wrote:

Nikoleta -

I am so sorry to hear of your mom, Roza's passing. She was very caring and such a part of the mets family here ... She will be greatly missed.

My heart goes out to you and the rest of your family. Thank you so much for thinking of us and letting us know.

CalGal
Trip Neg, BRCA1, Mets dx 12/05 despite 2 cm tumor & clear nodes at orig dx 9/04.. Liver, lung & one bone met.

Jun 13, 2007 12:31PM jjb1984 wrote:

Nikoleta, I am so sorry. Your mom was always so upbeat and was such a huge part of us. My deepest sympathy goes out to you and her whole family.

Julie
Dx 3/3/2006, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IV, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jun 13, 2007 12:40PM Sachi wrote:

Nikoleta,

Thank you so much for letting us know. I'm so very sorry! Your Mom was very special.... and now she'll live on in your heart. What's that poem? "Death is but a horizon...." You can't see your Mom now - but she's just beyond the horizon.

Barb
Sachi

Jun 13, 2007 01:10PM PJB wrote:

Oh no, I thought when I saw the forum heading. I'm so very sad for your loss. Roza was a ray of sunshine on these boards, always ready to pick up someone's spirits and encourage them onward. Hugs to your family.

Paula
May 2004, Stage 2 IDC. Recurrence in 2005. On Femara til mets diagnosis in Feb 2009. On Faslodex 8/11. Brain mets in April 2012. Progression in liver 6/12. On to Etoposide. Dx mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 13, 2007 01:12PM Curlylocks wrote:

Nikoleta,

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your mom. I remember her receiving alot of books from a few of the women on this board and she was so happy to get them.

May your mom's kind soul rest in peace and may your family be surrounded with love knowing that we cared for her very much!

Michele
Dx 10/23/2005, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/23 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/9/2005 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 12/5/2005 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 5/1/2006 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 6/1/2006 Breast Surgery 5/3/2008 Prophylactic ovary removal Surgery 12/16/2013 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Dx 1/9/2014, IDC, <1cm, Grade 1, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/11/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Jun 13, 2007 01:25PM Maya1 wrote:

Nikoleta,
I'm also very very sorry to hear of your mother's passing. She was so supportive of everyone here. I remember her first post, how she gave such hope as she had conquered so much herself.
Thank you for remembering us. We will feel her loss here too.
Pray to God but row for shore..... Russian proverb Dx 6/30/2004, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 13, 2007 01:33PM Kasey wrote:

I'm so sorry. Prayers for you and your family.

Kasey
Mets in liver, lungs, bones and chest nodes. Dx 2/25/2007, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Jun 13, 2007 01:40PM lastminuteD wrote:

Nikoleta,

My prayers are with you and your family.

Dawn
THINK HAPPY!!! Dx 12/27/2005, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Dx 3/27/2007, IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (FISH)

Jun 13, 2007 01:45PM WendyV wrote:

Dear Nikoleta - while no amount of words can take away your pain, please know that my prayers are with you and your family. I pray that God gives you all the strength to deal with this very difficult time.
Wendy
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.( bone,liver,brain,lung mets) Dx 10/9/2006, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jun 13, 2007 01:48PM newvickie wrote:

I'm so sorry about your loss. Losing a mom is hard...I know. Sending prayers for peace for you and your family at this time.
Hugs and blessings
Vickie

Jun 13, 2007 02:15PM cheryl58 wrote:

Dear Nikoleta, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. She was very special. I always looked forward to her posts because she always told little stories about things. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you go through this difficult time.

Hugs,
Cheryl

Jun 13, 2007 02:27PM lizws wrote:

I too am sorry for your loss. Your mom is now a wonderful angel and will be with you always. Prayers for strength and peace to you and your family.

Hugs
Liz

Jun 13, 2007 02:34PM Not_Me wrote:

So very sorry.

Jun 13, 2007 02:35PM - edited Mar 11, 2008 11:40AM by BethNY

I was so sad when I saw this post. Know that your mom was such an inspiration to so many women on these boards. She will be missed. Sending you and your family a huge cyber hug.

Be your own hero

Jun 13, 2007 03:16PM kim825 wrote:

I, too, am at a loss for words. Your mom was one of the first persons that I spoke to on these boards. She was such an inspiration and will be missed terribly. God bless.

Kim

Page 1 of 4 (94 results)