Join Us

We are 220,346 members in 84 forums discussing 161,892 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Thank You - Update -

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY —

Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer only. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage 4 or Mets.

Metastatic breast cancer (MBC; also called stage IV) is breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body, most commonly the bones, liver, brain, or lungs. Metastatic breast cancer can be treated but not cured. Metastatic disease is NOT hopeless. There are a wide variety of treatment options for metastatic breast cancer, and new medicines are being tested every day. More and more people are living life to the fullest while being treated for metastatic breast cancer.

Note: Please contact your doctor for any specific concerns about symptoms you are experiencing or your course of treatment.

Learn more about living with MBC.

Intro medically reviewed by: Brian Wojciechowski, M.D.
Last review date: November 22, 2020

Posted on: Jun 13, 2007 01:06PM

jansdaughter wrote:

I want to thank all of you for the information, support, encouragement and replies to my posts.

My mother is not doing well. She is an amazing lady and has fought a hard, long, battle since 2000. She has had lumpectomy, lobectomy, crainiotomy, nephrectomy. She just had stereotatic radiosurgery on her brain May 8th. Had followup mri and it showed two stable, one had grown. She also has bc in her lungs. She developed shingles in her eye June 3rd. She has been in the hospital in Houston ever since. The shingles have impoved but she got a lung infection and blood clot in her jugular; they removed her port but blood clot will just not go away. They gave her a heparin drip but had to quit because her blood got too thin, now trying to get it back to normal. She is doing better than last week. She is on oxygen, and is very weak and can't walk, eat, go to the bathroom without assistance.

She has said no more tests and no more treatment for brain and lungs. She lives 2-1/2 hrs away from us and will be going to a hosptial/rehab place 13 miles from her house where she has my dad and lots of friends who love her and will visit her. My heart is sad that she won't be in Houston where I can see her everyday but my sister and I will see her on weekends.

Thank you especially Stephanie and LuAnne for your encouraging words. I feel like i know all of you and will continue to check in on you ladies. Like my mom, you all are heroes to me. I have found much strength in all of you. Love and Hugs, Dianne Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (11 results)

Posts 1 - 11 (11 total)

Jun 13, 2007 01:38PM katie11 wrote:

Dear Dianne,

I am so very sorry that things are not going well for your mom, but am pleased that she is obviously surrounded by people who love her and will be there for her through this battle.

You are all in my thoughts,

Katie xx
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst! Dx 7/15/2006, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 13, 2007 02:02PM LuAnnH wrote:

Dianne,

I am sorry to hear this sad news of your mom. She is so fortunate to have a wonderful support system although it doesn't make this time any easier. I hope she has a peaceful transition and wish you all the best.

LuAnn
LuAnn -- Dx 7/2/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jun 14, 2007 10:24PM boobbuster wrote:

Oh Dianne-
I'm so sorry to hear of your Mom's recent setback. She is an amazing woman and like I've stated time and time again, YOU'RE just as amazing. You're the wind beneath her wings. I pray that she will be peaceful and feel the love of her family. We love you and your Mom dearly. I'm praying for you and your family Diane. God Bless you. God is able, Stephanie

Jul 2, 2007 12:19AM jansdaughter wrote:

My mom passed away this afternoon. My sister and I have been taking care of her the last two weeks at my mom's house. She wanted to go home and she got her last wish. Even though she is not suffering any longer, my heart is heavy and sad. I will miss her terribly.

I sound like a broken record, but you ladies have helped me and encouraged me in many different ways this last year. I've learned alot on this board, and have such admiration for all of you. God Bless You and as Stephanie says, God is Able. Believe It... Love, Dianne

Jul 2, 2007 01:14AM katie11 wrote:

Dear Dianne,

I am so very sorry to hear this news and hope that you and your family are managing to cope somehow. Your mom was very fortunate to have you to support her physically and emotionally through all of this.

Take care and please know that you are in my thoughts,

Katie xx
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst! Dx 7/15/2006, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 2, 2007 06:55AM Fitztwins wrote:

Your mom must of been a wonderful lady to raise two wonderful daughters who cared so much. It is so hard to lose a parent. Even as we are older, it doesn't make it easier.

Thank you for sharing with us, we all wish the outcome would have been different. She is now pain free. Take time to heal. Prayers and positive thought for your family during this difficult time.

Janis
Enjoy Every Sandwich. Dx 12/12/2004, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 1/18/2005 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Free TRAM flap Chemotherapy 1/31/2005 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 4/30/2005 Breast, Lymph nodes Targeted Therapy 5/31/2005 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2005 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 6/1/2008 Aromasin (exemestane) Targeted Therapy 6/30/2008 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 6/14/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 9/4/2015 Perjeta (pertuzumab)

Jul 2, 2007 01:55PM LuAnnH wrote:

So sorry to hear of your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

LuAnn
LuAnn -- Dx 7/2/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jul 2, 2007 01:59PM BJW wrote:

Dianne:

I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. I lost my dad a few years ago and know how hard it is. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jill

Jul 2, 2007 05:26PM boobbuster wrote:

Diane-
I'm so sorry. I've been away in Chicago and just got your message today. Our mothers influence stays with us for the rest of our life, and she will never be replaced. It's ok to greive; be gentle with yourself. You were a strong architect in your mother fight against breast cancer. Your presence here on this site has given us all hope and inspiration. Appreciate those qualities that your Mother gave you and left us all. Please continue to remain a resource here for us all.

Here's a poem for you in honor of your Mother:

Loss of A Mother Poem (From Mother to Daughter)

Now that I am gone,
remember me with smiles and laughter.
And if you need to cry,
cry with your brother or sister
who walks in grief beside you.
And when you need me,
put your arms around anyone
and give to them what you need to give to me.
There are so many who need so much.
I want to leave you something --
something much better than words or sounds.
Look for me in the people I've known
or helped in some special way.
Let me live in your heart
as well as in your mind.
You can love me most
by letting your love reach out to our loved ones,
by embracing them and living in their love.
Love does not die, people do.
So, when all that's left of me is love,
give me away as best you can.

~ Author unknown

We LOVE you Dianne -
God is able, Stephanie

Jul 3, 2007 07:38AM Not_Me wrote:

So very sorry Stephanie. A very beautiful poem...

Jul 4, 2007 06:32AM Pauline3837 wrote:

Dear Diane,

You and your family are in my prayers and may God hold you close to his heart at this time of sorrow. Your mom will never be far from you because as Stephanie's peom stated, her love lives within you.
May you find hope in your heart, love in your life and peace in your soul.
Pauline3837 Dx 2/23/2003, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 5/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (11 results)