Join Us

We are 221,200 members in 83 forums discussing 161,896 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Scan results

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY —

Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer only. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage 4 or Mets.

Metastatic breast cancer (MBC; also called stage IV) is breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body, most commonly the bones, liver, brain, or lungs. Metastatic breast cancer can be treated but not cured. Metastatic disease is NOT hopeless. There are a wide variety of treatment options for metastatic breast cancer, and new medicines are being tested every day. More and more people are living life to the fullest while being treated for metastatic breast cancer.

Note: Please contact your doctor for any specific concerns about symptoms you are experiencing or your course of treatment.

Learn more about living with MBC.

Intro medically reviewed by: Brian Wojciechowski, M.D.
Last review date: November 22, 2020

Posted on: Jun 27, 2007 09:31AM

jacqniel wrote:

The verdict is in - and it, for the most part, is good news. The onc nurse called to say she was relaying a message from my onc (who has been out with surgery and who is now coming to the office to do paperwork, but is not seeing patients, yet).

Here is the message concerning my scans:
* fluid around lungs is less
* there is no fluid around the heart
* there is less activity in the bone
* there are new spots in the lung, but are too small to measure. We will keep an eye on them.

She relayed that my onc said that if the last bit of news made me nervous, he would call me. It makes me nervous, so I expect a call from him today or tomorrow. I assume the treatment will stay the same, but I will wait to see what he has to say when he calls. I have other questions that I forgot to ask the nurse - such as have the lymph glands decreased in size, etc.

The wait is over. The verdict is in. I am happy for the most part, yet a bit concerned. I will just put it in God's hands. Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 2 (33 results)

Posts 1 - 30 (33 total)

Jun 27, 2007 10:15AM omlivewbc wrote:

Jacque - how wonderful that you've received such good news! Definitely sending up prayers that these pesky new spots turn out to be some nuisance otherwise explained when you hear from your doc later.

We monitor my bone and lung mets and all of my doctor's agree that if one is responding then all should be. And that's been the pattern so far. I believe you and I are on the same drugs.

Let's keep the good news coming, shall we?

HUGS!
Olivia

Jun 27, 2007 10:28AM Shepgirl wrote:

Good signs- keep the good work up!

Dx 12/23/2004, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 2/22 nodes, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jun 27, 2007 11:05AM LuAnnH wrote:

Sounds like good news to me! Glad to hear your tx is working.

LuAnn
LuAnn -- Dx 7/2/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jun 27, 2007 11:16AM Snarky57 wrote:

Sounds like good news! ARe you doing the Abraxane?

Jun 27, 2007 11:28AM CTG wrote:

That is Wonderful news indeed! Celebrate!

CTG
dx fall05 stage4 liver and bone mets
dx fall06 brain mets / spring07 brain mets gone

Jun 27, 2007 02:47PM jacqniel wrote:

Sanrky - yes, I am on Abraxane & Avastin every three weeks and Aredia as a bone strengthener. These were my first scans (CT & bone scan) since starting this tx in March.

Jun 27, 2007 03:01PM Fllorik wrote:

Sounds like your body is doing it's job and you can see a light at the end of the tunnel! Wishing you only good days ahead!

Jun 27, 2007 03:06PM Lauralynne wrote:

Hi Jacque-
Your results are definitely good news. I am glad you posted your news here right away. I am happy that the chemo is doing its job for you.
Hugs,
Laura
Dx 02/06 IDC, 06/06 IBC, 4/9 positive nodes, grade 3, triple neg, Stage IV.

Jun 27, 2007 03:10PM katie11 wrote:

This sounds like wonderful news on the whole - well done! Try not to worry too much about the new spots , as I am sure it is something your onc is not overduly worried about at this point.

Celebrate!

Katie xx
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst! Dx 7/15/2006, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 27, 2007 03:17PM Primel wrote:

Jacque, very encouraging news for the Abraxane+Avastin ladies... thank you for posting, and please do it again when you hear more from your onc. Hope the treatment is not too hard on you and your chemo friends from the Abraxane-Avastin thread...
Hoping to hear more good news from more of you out there...
Lisa, how are you doing? Worrying about you... are you coming back to Colorado as planned?
Olivia, glad to see you are reading the posts and have encouraging news, too...
Wishing you all the best,
CatherineH in Denver

Jun 27, 2007 03:18PM boobbuster wrote:

Jacque-
That's great news! God is able, Stephanie

Jun 27, 2007 07:06PM WendyV wrote:

Wonderful news Jacque!!! I'm sure you will talk to your onc soon and he will put your fears to rest. Celebrate this accomplishment, you deserve it!!
Wendy
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.( bone,liver,brain,lung mets) Dx 10/9/2006, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jun 27, 2007 08:46PM KariLynn wrote:

Sounds good, Jacque!! Enjoy your summer.

Kari
If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying? Dx 6/2/2005, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, 14/25 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 28, 2007 08:34AM Fitztwins wrote:

Good news. Take it and run!

Janis
Enjoy Every Sandwich. Dx 12/12/2004, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 1/18/2005 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Free TRAM flap Chemotherapy 1/31/2005 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 4/30/2005 Breast, Lymph nodes Targeted Therapy 5/31/2005 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2005 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 6/1/2008 Aromasin (exemestane) Targeted Therapy 6/30/2008 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 6/14/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 9/4/2015 Perjeta (pertuzumab)

Jun 28, 2007 11:17AM jonimb wrote:

Jacque, good news, sounds like your onc feels things are under control.

Big Hugs to you. I think it's your positive attitude, it shines thru even in your writing. Congrats!!

Joni, Chestermere, Alberta, Canada
Joni, Chestermere, AB, Canada, Today is the BEST day of my life EVER!! Dx 9/25/2006, IDC, 4cm, Grade 3, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 28, 2007 06:04PM ming wrote:

Congratulations on this scan - this looks like a good treatment. I continue to pray for you.

Ming - my grandmother name Dx 10/17/2005, ILC, 6cm+, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 2, 2007 02:59PM jacqniel wrote:

My onc called last evening. He has reassured me and I have to say I am SO happy! He said as far as he was concerned I was responding well to the chemo. He said he thought the spots in my lungs were the same spots we have been looking at for four years - that he thinks my radiologist was perhaps a little lazy in checking my old scans - and he has a call in to him to reread them comparing to old scans. I realize that I may have new spots, but the fact that my onc doesn't think so at least gives me hope - and made taking my treatment today so much easier! I am also thrilled as he will be back in three weeks when I go for my next treatment!
Now, I just wait to here the redone radiologist's report. I am praying that he was lazy!

Jul 2, 2007 04:09PM katie11 wrote:

This sounds even more promising, Jacque! Here's to your radiologist being a lazy good-for-nothing!

Katie xx
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst! Dx 7/15/2006, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 23, 2007 12:08PM jacqniel wrote:

Today, I am doing the happy dance! My oncologist, is back after an extended health issue (he had to have a foot amputated) and it was so good to see him. He is quite the trooper - still in a wheelchair and hopping around on one leg to do the exam. Hopefully, for his sake, he will be getting around on his new prosthesis soon - it has to be exhausting to hop!

Now, on to the happy dance! I had a lazy radiologist! The 'new' spots he reported on my last scan were actually the old ones from four years ago. Now, I would LOVE to give that guy thirty lashes with a wet noodle - but hey - I am THRILLED that they aren�t new spots! This means that my scans were ALL good news! Whew! Here's to Abraxane and Avastin!

Jul 23, 2007 01:00PM Shepgirl wrote:

Excellent! I had the same thing with a lazy radiologist! Its very sad! SOOOOOO thrilled with your results! I get my PET/CT and MRI on spine July 30+31... to make sure the Abraxane Avastin is working!

Congrats again!

BTW- Sounds like one hell of an Onc!
Dx 12/23/2004, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 2/22 nodes, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 23, 2007 01:06PM LisaSDCA wrote:

YAY, Jacque!!!

Lisa
Stage IV mets to brain 11/2008 BRCA-1 positive Dx 1/24/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Jul 23, 2007 02:23PM katie11 wrote:

This is fantastic news, Jacque! I'm laughing out loud at the picture I have in my mind of you whipping the radiologist with a wet noodle!

Shepgirl - good luck with your scans at the end of this month! I will be thinking of you!

Katie xx

Jul 23, 2007 02:50PM boobbuster wrote:

Great Job Jacque! God is able, Stephanie Xo

Jul 23, 2007 02:54PM ForTheMoment wrote:

Woo Hoo Jacque! So glad to hear it!

Good luck Shepgirl... .will be thinking about you!

Jul 23, 2007 03:52PM RobinWendy wrote:

YEAH for Abraxane and Avastin... hopefully iwill have the same great results when I start Taxol and Avastin!!!! Enjoy your great news!!!!!!

Robin
dx Stage II primary BC in Jan. 2001;dx with DCIS on other breast in Jan. 2003; dx with mets to lungs in Jan. 2004 and in May 2007, mets spread to liver. Dx ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 23, 2007 04:17PM LuAnnH wrote:

awesome news Jacque!

LuAnn -- Dx 7/2/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jul 23, 2007 05:36PM WendyV wrote:

Jacque - great news!!!

Shepgirl - Good luck on the 30th and 31st!!

Wendy
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.( bone,liver,brain,lung mets) Dx 10/9/2006, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jul 23, 2007 07:04PM AusAla wrote:

Jacque,

SO happy to see your good news!! Go girl!

Hugs,
Bethie
"I don't want to be in a battle, but waiting on the edge of one I can't escape is even worse! Pippin, Lord of the Ring: Return of the King Dx 5/13/2002, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 3/17 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jul 23, 2007 07:11PM LinTol wrote:

YAY!! That's great news Jacque. Go Abraxane and Avastin!!

My scans will be in early August.
Linda Dx 5/2006, IDC, Stage IV, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 24, 2007 07:05PM Lauralynne wrote:

Jacque-
I am so happy Abraxane and Avastin continues to work for you! Keep on going, girl!

Laura
Dx 02/06 IDC, 06/06 IBC, 4/9 positive nodes, grade 3, triple neg, Stage IV.

Page 1 of 2 (33 results)