Join Us

We are 220,346 members in 84 forums discussing 161,892 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Triple Positive, Herceptin and Recurrance

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY —

Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer only. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage 4 or Mets.

Metastatic breast cancer (MBC; also called stage IV) is breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body, most commonly the bones, liver, brain, or lungs. Metastatic breast cancer can be treated but not cured. Metastatic disease is NOT hopeless. There are a wide variety of treatment options for metastatic breast cancer, and new medicines are being tested every day. More and more people are living life to the fullest while being treated for metastatic breast cancer.

Note: Please contact your doctor for any specific concerns about symptoms you are experiencing or your course of treatment.

Learn more about living with MBC.

Intro medically reviewed by: Brian Wojciechowski, M.D.
Last review date: November 22, 2020

Posted on: Jun 28, 2007 07:09AM

snufflesmom wrote:

I was just curious to see who was dx triple +++ and had herceptin and if you had a reccurance? And if you did how long after your inital dx was the mets dx?

Thanks
Randi Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Jun 28, 2007 07:28AM LuAnnH wrote:

Randi,

I am triple positive and was triple positive first time around. I was stage II, IDC, no nodes positive. Had 4 A/C & 4 Taxotere. Herceptin was not available when I was first dx. My orginal dx was 12/98.

LuAnn
LuAnn -- Dx 7/2/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jun 29, 2007 04:27PM KLynn wrote:

Hi Randi, I am also triple +++++ off the charts so they say. I was lucky enough to get into one of the original trials back in 2000.I was put in the 1 yr trial while others were put in 6 months.I received it every week. My recurrence was 51/2 yrs later in Jan of 2006.I have been back on Herceptin for 16 months now with different chemos and the wonderful herceptin seems to be working again. I wish I had never come off of it. My mets are to my lungs. I get my herceptin every week now. May go to every 3 weeks when lungs are clear. Hope this helps.Take Care KLynn.

How lucky I was to have known someone, that was so hard to say goodbye to.... Dx Stage IV, 6/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)