Join Us

We are 220,444 members in 84 forums discussing 161,934 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Reoccurence in nodes/collar bone but not in breast

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY —

Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer only. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage 4 or Mets.

Metastatic breast cancer (MBC; also called stage IV) is breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body, most commonly the bones, liver, brain, or lungs. Metastatic breast cancer can be treated but not cured. Metastatic disease is NOT hopeless. There are a wide variety of treatment options for metastatic breast cancer, and new medicines are being tested every day. More and more people are living life to the fullest while being treated for metastatic breast cancer.

Note: Please contact your doctor for any specific concerns about symptoms you are experiencing or your course of treatment.

Learn more about living with MBC.

Intro medically reviewed by: Brian Wojciechowski, M.D.
Last review date: November 22, 2020

Posted on: Jun 28, 2007 12:18PM

tooyoungtohavebc wrote:

Still waiting for biopsy results of breast tissue, but has anyone had a reoccurence in their collar bone nodes and not the breast where it originated? Doc is sure it is back in nodes, but tested breast to see if it came back there. Anyone?

Dx 6/2005, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IV, Grade 3, 1/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Jun 28, 2007 12:56PM zarowny9 wrote:

Hi, I have had a recur to the supraclavicular nodes [above collar bone] Iam doing xeloda and avastin and was told I will do this untill tx stops working. I dont know if these nodes are hard to treat or what but chemo forever sounds harsh.I did not respond to my last chemo and have since started the xeloda/avastin, so praying this is the chemo for me. I had a double mast so Iam unsure if it would of came back to the breast or not.If you need to talk just give me a pm.....good luck to you...

............hanging on hopes ropes...............Dawn
dx in 05 at age 29 with stage 2 grade 3 triple neg braca 1 pos bc...mets in Jan 07 to supraclavicular nodes

Jun 28, 2007 05:11PM sedgymum wrote:

The first recurrence I had was in the sc nodes directly above my original tumour. Later recurred in axilla on opposite side. Eventually recurred in original breast and other breast. Have had bilateral mastectomies and now have skin mets. Originally had rads to sc nodes and this did work to get rid of those tumours.

Changing to a new chemo next week as Xeloda failed.

Sorry I can't be more positive.

Cheers Kelly

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)