Join Us

We are 220,444 members in 84 forums discussing 161,934 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: another week off

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY —

Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer only. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage 4 or Mets.

Metastatic breast cancer (MBC; also called stage IV) is breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body, most commonly the bones, liver, brain, or lungs. Metastatic breast cancer can be treated but not cured. Metastatic disease is NOT hopeless. There are a wide variety of treatment options for metastatic breast cancer, and new medicines are being tested every day. More and more people are living life to the fullest while being treated for metastatic breast cancer.

Note: Please contact your doctor for any specific concerns about symptoms you are experiencing or your course of treatment.

Learn more about living with MBC.

Intro medically reviewed by: Brian Wojciechowski, M.D.
Last review date: November 22, 2020

Posted on: Jul 4, 2007 01:22AM

Lisa40 wrote:

I went in today to have my blood checked to make sure this chemo regime didn't kill my counts like last time. The last time I ended up in the hospital for 6 days and missed my flight back to Colorado. Anyway, it was low so had to have 2 blood transfusions and have to go back on Friday to make sure platelets didn't drop further... I guess I shouldn't complain but am bummed that I've only done 2 rounds of cisplatin and gemzar and after both rounds I've had to have transfusions and am hoping I won't have to go into the hospital again any time soon! Just venting. Thanks for listening. Lisa

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Jul 4, 2007 01:30AM LuAnnH wrote:

Lisa,

That stinks, well enjoy your 4th of July and hopefully you can get back on track!

LuAnn
LuAnn -- Dx 7/2/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jul 4, 2007 01:37AM WendyV wrote:

Gosh Lisa, that does stink!! I hope your tests go well on Friday you are able to get back on schedule!! I'm praying that you are able to continue to forge ahead with your treatments and that they are kicking some cancer butt!
Wendy
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.( bone,liver,brain,lung mets) Dx 10/9/2006, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jul 4, 2007 10:49AM katie11 wrote:

Dear Lisa,

Sending loads of positive thoughts your way that there are no more low platelets and/or blood counts so that you can really get going on that treatment.

Loads of luck, sweetie,

Katie xx
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst! Dx 7/15/2006, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 4, 2007 01:11PM boobbuster wrote:

Lisa -
Here's a poem for you:

A Woman of Strength

A strong woman isn't afraid of anything...
But a woman of strength shows courage in the midst of her fear...

A strong woman won't let anyone get the best of her...
But a woman of strength gives the best of herself to everyone...

A strong woman makes mistakes and avoids the same in the future...
But a woman of strength realizes life's mistakes can also be God's blessings
and capitalizes on them...

A strong woman walks sure footedly...
But a woman of strength knows God will catch her when she falls...

A strong woman wears the look of confidence on her face...
But a woman of strength wears grace..

A strong woman has faith that she is strong enough for the journey...
But a woman of strength has faith that it is in the journey
that she will become strong...

Author Unknown

God is able, Stephanie

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)