Join Us

We are 220,346 members in 84 forums discussing 161,892 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: headaches for a week

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY —

Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer only. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage 4 or Mets.

Metastatic breast cancer (MBC; also called stage IV) is breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body, most commonly the bones, liver, brain, or lungs. Metastatic breast cancer can be treated but not cured. Metastatic disease is NOT hopeless. There are a wide variety of treatment options for metastatic breast cancer, and new medicines are being tested every day. More and more people are living life to the fullest while being treated for metastatic breast cancer.

Note: Please contact your doctor for any specific concerns about symptoms you are experiencing or your course of treatment.

Learn more about living with MBC.

Intro medically reviewed by: Brian Wojciechowski, M.D.
Last review date: November 22, 2020

Posted on: Jul 4, 2007 08:12AM

BJW wrote:

with all the hubabulub aboout my bone scan i simply have pushed away the alarming fact i have been having headaches for at least a week. They have been accompanied by nausea. they are really bad in the morning-can see, can't sleep kind-hence me up this early on the 4th of july typing this. No, i did not tell the onc yesterday-he didn't really seem very recpetive to anything else. The question is do i go to the ER today? Wait till Thurs to call the crappy onc, do nothing until after my surgery?

At first I thought it was this med making me nauseated so I started taking it in the evening, then the headaches started (the nausea didn't go away either) so I stopped taking it altogether but the headaches and nausea have continued-guess now that i sit down and write this out it really doesn't sound all that great. Am kicking myself for not telling him but you know what-I probably would get better testing done thru the military ER where they don't have to wait for authorizations.

Opinions please?? what would you do? Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (12 results)

Posts 1 - 12 (12 total)

Jul 4, 2007 08:30AM Sachi wrote:

Jill, head aches are awful!! Is there any doctor you could call to get something to relieve the pain. You could be having migraines - that's what it sounds like. Have you had them before? They could have been brought on by one of your meds. or by stress.

I would get headaches like that. They'd wake me up and were awful. With me it was actually high blood pressure that caused it (they think). Anyways, they started me on BP meds and I don't get them anymore.

Try to find a doc to call to get relief now. Its hard to think straight when you feel so lousy.

Oh - and drink some water - dehydration can cause headaches.

Hope you feel better!

Barb
Sachi

Jul 4, 2007 08:42AM KariLynn wrote:

Go to the er. As much as you're going through, you've earned headaches but get it checked just in case.

If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying? Dx 6/2/2005, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, 14/25 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 4, 2007 08:47AM BJW wrote:

on my way to the er-

Jul 4, 2007 09:05AM katie11 wrote:

Good luck! I'll be thinking of you - let us know how you get on.

Hugs,

Katie xx
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst! Dx 7/15/2006, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 4, 2007 09:30AM wallan wrote:

Good luck!! Get some relief

Wendy A
Dx 3/29/2004, IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 2/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/31/2004 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 5/31/2004 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 11/30/2004 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Dx 1/25/2017, LCIS/DCIS/ILC/IDC/IDC: Mucinous/IDC: Cribriform, Left, <1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/7/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jul 4, 2007 02:54PM BJW wrote:

They gave me a "headache cocktail" benedryl, torodal and reglan and a head CT that came back normal. I came home and slept for 3 hours and woke up without a headache for the first time in almost 14 days! The ER doc said I should have a MRI just to be sure nothing is in there (his words LOL) but I might have migraines brought on by the stress. Thanks ladies! I hope everyone enjoys the 4th of july

Jill

Jul 4, 2007 02:57PM Sachi wrote:

Good news!! I'm glad you're feeling better.

B
Sachi

Jul 4, 2007 04:39PM Fitztwins wrote:

Glad to hear it!

Enjoy Every Sandwich. Dx 12/12/2004, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 1/18/2005 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Free TRAM flap Chemotherapy 1/31/2005 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 4/30/2005 Breast, Lymph nodes Targeted Therapy 5/31/2005 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2005 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 6/1/2008 Aromasin (exemestane) Targeted Therapy 6/30/2008 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 6/14/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 9/4/2015 Perjeta (pertuzumab)

Jul 4, 2007 04:39PM LuAnnH wrote:

Glad they helped your headache. Go relax and watch the fireworks!

LuAnn
LuAnn -- Dx 7/2/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jul 4, 2007 04:52PM KariLynn wrote:

Great!! Sometimes just thinking about something makes it worse - better to go get it handled then take a nap!

If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying? Dx 6/2/2005, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, 14/25 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 4, 2007 05:52PM WendyV wrote:

Great News! Take a nap and enjoy what's left of the day!
Wendy
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.( bone,liver,brain,lung mets) Dx 10/9/2006, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jul 5, 2007 02:05AM katie11 wrote:

This is great news, Jill - relax and enjoy the time without headaches, but don't forget to mention them to your onc, too.

Hugs,

Katie xx
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst! Dx 7/15/2006, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (12 results)