Join Us

We are 220,346 members in 84 forums discussing 161,892 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: More good scan results

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY —

Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer only. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage 4 or Mets.

Metastatic breast cancer (MBC; also called stage IV) is breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body, most commonly the bones, liver, brain, or lungs. Metastatic breast cancer can be treated but not cured. Metastatic disease is NOT hopeless. There are a wide variety of treatment options for metastatic breast cancer, and new medicines are being tested every day. More and more people are living life to the fullest while being treated for metastatic breast cancer.

Note: Please contact your doctor for any specific concerns about symptoms you are experiencing or your course of treatment.

Learn more about living with MBC.

Intro medically reviewed by: Brian Wojciechowski, M.D.
Last review date: November 22, 2020

Posted on: Jul 4, 2007 12:22PM

debstitchestoo wrote:

Hi folks

I just got my scan results after 3 months of Femara treatment. The breast tumour has shrunk from 4.5 cm to 2 cm. The 3m lung tumour and one of the 3 liver tumours have disappeared. The other two have shrunk somewhat. Best news is that there is no evidence of the other abdominal lymph nodes or pouches of fluid that were on the original scans. The bone scans still show a lot of activity but my oncologist says that healing bone lights up the same way that progressing disease does. There appear to be less spots this time however. We'll do another thorasic & abdominal scan in a month and a bone scan in 6 months. I feel great & I'm glad the scans support how well I feel.

Debbie
Dx 2/28/2007, IDC, 1cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, 0/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)

Posts 1 - 7 (7 total)

Jul 4, 2007 12:37PM SLICKY wrote:

Nice to hear good news,hope it carries on working for you,well done x

Jul 4, 2007 01:31PM Jillt wrote:

Great news! I think this is impressive for only 3 months!

Jill Dx 2/16/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Jul 4, 2007 01:36PM PJB wrote:

Awesome results. Hope they continue to get better and better.

Paula
May 2004, Stage 2 IDC. Recurrence in 2005. On Femara til mets diagnosis in Feb 2009. On Faslodex 8/11. Brain mets in April 2012. Progression in liver 6/12. On to Etoposide. Dx mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 4, 2007 02:37PM katie11 wrote:

Dear Debbie,

This is fantastic news! I hope you are celebrating tonight.

Hugs,

Katie xx
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst! Dx 7/15/2006, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 4, 2007 03:51PM RLA13 wrote:

That is great great news!!!!!

Enjoy and relax!!

xx

Jul 4, 2007 04:55PM KariLynn wrote:

Fantastic!!!

Kari
If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying? Dx 6/2/2005, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, 14/25 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 4, 2007 05:48PM WendyV wrote:

Incredible news! Keep up the good work!
Wendy
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.( bone,liver,brain,lung mets) Dx 10/9/2006, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)