Join Us

We are 221,199 members in 83 forums discussing 161,896 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Shelli, how are you doing?

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY —

Please respect that this forum is for members with stage IV/metastatic breast cancer only. There is a separate forum for caregivers and friends: Caring for Someone with Stage 4 or Mets.

Metastatic breast cancer (MBC; also called stage IV) is breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body, most commonly the bones, liver, brain, or lungs. Metastatic breast cancer can be treated but not cured. Metastatic disease is NOT hopeless. There are a wide variety of treatment options for metastatic breast cancer, and new medicines are being tested every day. More and more people are living life to the fullest while being treated for metastatic breast cancer.

Note: Please contact your doctor for any specific concerns about symptoms you are experiencing or your course of treatment.

Learn more about living with MBC.

Intro medically reviewed by: Brian Wojciechowski, M.D.
Last review date: November 22, 2020

Posted on: Jul 8, 2007 07:33PM

spar2 wrote:

It has been a couple of weeks since you have posted. Are you doing any better? Am praying for you daily.

www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Page 1 of 2 (47 results)

Posts 1 - 30 (47 total)

Jul 9, 2007 02:25AM shelliks wrote:

Ironically, it's 4:20 am and I have to be in Cleveland (from Canton) at 6am for my shunt surgery. I'm packed and ready...just waiting on DH getting up. The kids are with my in-laws tonight and my nanny will get them at 10.

Everything will be fine. Shunt go from my back to my stomach to help drain all the fluid that causes what seems like a seizure. I'll let you know how it worked when I get home.

Jul 9, 2007 07:56AM LuAnnH wrote:

Shelli,

Sending you lots of prayers and good thoughts. I hope all goes well with surgery and this takes care of all your swelling issues.

LuAnn
LuAnn -- Dx 7/2/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jul 9, 2007 08:03AM Candyce wrote:

Ditto Shelli, I will be thinking of you today and looking for a post when you feel up to it.

Thinking of you...Candyce
Candyce

Jul 9, 2007 08:32AM dressmaker wrote:

Shelli
Thinking of you today and praying all goes well with your surgery. Hope this takes care of your seizure like symptoms!
Hugs

Jul 9, 2007 09:19AM KariLynn wrote:

Hi Shelli - I hope it all went well!!

Kari
If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying? Dx 6/2/2005, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, 14/25 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 9, 2007 09:53AM jacqniel wrote:

Prayers for a successful surgery that aleviates your symptoms. Jacque

Jul 9, 2007 10:20AM katie11 wrote:

Dear Shelli,

Another one here who will be thinking of you and sending you all the positive thoughts in the world for your surgery and a speedy recovery.

Katie xx
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst! Dx 7/15/2006, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 9, 2007 11:41AM ForTheMoment wrote:

Good luck Shelli! Not that you need it. You'll do great, as you always do. You are a prime example of strength and courage. Thinking of you and wishing you well...

Jul 9, 2007 11:48AM ginger2345 wrote:

So good to hear from you and hope you get relief with the shunt surgery.

Ginger Dx 11/1/2004, DCIS Dx 9/5/2012, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 9, 2007 02:15PM Calico wrote:

Shelli,
wishing you the Best for a speedy recovery!!!!!

God Bless
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics Dx DCIS/IDC, Stage IIA, Grade 2, ER+, HER2-

Jul 9, 2007 08:05PM WendyV wrote:

Hey girl - I hope all went well with your surgery today and I'm hoping and praying that the shunt will relieve some of these horrible symptoms you have been having and you can start feeling like your old self again. Your an amazing women Shelli. I can't wait to see your next post so we can all see how well you are doing!
Wendy
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.( bone,liver,brain,lung mets) Dx 10/9/2006, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jul 10, 2007 07:04AM RLA13 wrote:

Hope all went smoothly....you outright amaze me!!!

xx

Jul 10, 2007 09:31AM Mary5 wrote:

As always you are in my thoughts and prayers. You continue to such a positive strength to the breast cancer world. May God bless you. Mary

Jul 10, 2007 03:59PM - edited Mar 11, 2008 02:36PM by BethNY

Shelli wishing you a speedy recovery and hope that this brings you relief.
Lots of love!
Be your own hero

Jul 10, 2007 06:47PM spar2 wrote:

Lots of prayers and good thoughts that everything will go smoothly. thanks for letting us all know what is going on.

Jul 13, 2007 12:34PM Calico wrote:

Shelli,
thinking of you and hope all is well?!

God BLess
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics Dx DCIS/IDC, Stage IIA, Grade 2, ER+, HER2-

Jul 13, 2007 02:17PM spar2 wrote:

any news on the shunt yet? Praying for you daily.

Jul 13, 2007 02:39PM Sachi wrote:

I've been thinking of you, too, Shelli. How did the shunt go? Was it a difficult surgery? How are you feeling?

Barb
Sachi

Jul 14, 2007 05:45AM rue2u wrote:

Hi Shelli,

Hoping you are well on your way to recovering from the shunt surgery. Take care and let us know how you are doing.

Rue

Jul 14, 2007 12:19PM Fitztwins wrote:

Check in when you can sweatheart!

Thinking of you today.

Janis
Enjoy Every Sandwich. Dx 12/12/2004, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 1/18/2005 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Free TRAM flap Chemotherapy 1/31/2005 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 4/30/2005 Breast, Lymph nodes Targeted Therapy 5/31/2005 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2005 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 6/1/2008 Aromasin (exemestane) Targeted Therapy 6/30/2008 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy 6/14/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 9/4/2015 Perjeta (pertuzumab)

Jul 15, 2007 01:05PM shelliks wrote:

Hello sisters! It was a success! Instead of the tons of spinal fluid going to my brain (caused major brain issues and I was so miserable that I wanted to go to Heaven), it now goes to my stomach. I was released Thursday afternoon and Mom took my grocery shopping Friday so I could "serve" my family. I was feeling great and thrilled there were no more episodes.

The scars are worse than I expected and I swore I wouldn't fill the Percocet script....well, I did and I just took one. I am still weak and I hate that I can't drive or walk very well, but it is a gift from God that I am still living after 4 years of this nasty disease.

I sincerely appreciate all of your kind words. I feel the same way about all of you and I pray for my "BC.ORG" sisters every day.

Love,

Shelli

Hi Mom

Jul 15, 2007 01:46PM WendyV wrote:

Shelli - I am so glad to see you posting! Take the percocet!!! With all you have been through, I think you deserve a little pain relief!! I'm sorry that the scars are worse than what you thought. Hopefully in time they will begin to look better and better. Save your strength for your recovery. Before you know it you will be driving, walking, skipping and jumping! I think about you often Shelli and I'm so glad that the surgery was a success. Take it easy, get well and keep posting to let us know how you are doing.
Wendy
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.( bone,liver,brain,lung mets) Dx 10/9/2006, IDC, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jul 15, 2007 01:50PM LuAnnH wrote:

Shelli, you are truely amazing! I am so glad this surgery was a success. Give yourself time to heal. Sounds like you are going to be up and about before you know it. Take Care!

LuAnn
LuAnn -- Dx 7/2/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jul 15, 2007 03:12PM spar2 wrote:

Thank the good Lord you came through this also like a trooper. So glad you were feeling good enough to post.

Jul 15, 2007 03:20PM sedgymum wrote:

Shelli

You are such a trooper! You really deserve a break.

Love Kelly

Jul 15, 2007 04:08PM rue2u wrote:

Shelli,

Hopefully you can stop the Percocet in a few days. You need some rest. Take care and let us know how you are doing in a few days.

Rue

Jul 15, 2007 04:10PM kim825 wrote:

Glad to see you are doing much better. Take that Percocet. It helps, believe me.

many hugs,
Kim

Jul 15, 2007 08:19PM boobbuster wrote:

Hi Shell Honey!
Glad to hear from you and even more delighted to hear that you're improving. Keep up the good work! God is able, Stephanie

Jul 15, 2007 08:21PM Calico wrote:

Awesome Shelli,
you are T.T.
totally tough one of a kind!! I'm glad it's done and you have relief!

God Bless

Jul 16, 2007 12:11AM katie11 wrote:

Dearest Shelli,

I am so happy for you and your beautiful family that this procedure was a success. You'll be back on your feet in no time - you are such a strong woman!

Hugs,

Katie xx
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst! Dx 7/15/2006, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 2 (47 results)